Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I just made an account to pretend like I'm 18 again and I think I want my 15 dollars back. Holy hell I forgot how ugly/slow paced EQ was. And I've completely forgotten what half of anything does. Found my way out of 2 levels of Kaladim into Butcherblock like it was 1999 though no problem.

*plays for a few more hours*

oh yeah, poo poo in a few more levels i get to go to unrest...

*4 months later*

loving FUCKKKKKKKKKKK I HATE THIS GAME *dies in plane of nightmares to a bird or something*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Anyone have another way to download the client without using the main site? I still am unable to download it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Got to level 4 last night, dwarf cleric named Shrapple.

May try to sneak in a couple more levels at work today, we'll see.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Piss de Bundy posted:

*4 months later*

loving FUCKKKKKKKKKKK I HATE THIS GAME *dies in plane of nightmares to a bird or something*

Gonna be quite a bit longer before you get to PoN heh.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Must... resist...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
https://www.everquest.com/news/may-2017-bonus-xp-experience-promotion

Bonus exp, faction, and rare spawns. Also Hero's Forge 50%. Friday-Tuesday.

quote:

Summer is almost here so what better time to celebrate than with greater rewards for your adventures in Norrath?

From 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Friday, May 26, 2017 through 12:00PM PST (Noon) on Tuesday, May 30th, 2017, all servers will have bonus experience! Progression servers this means you too!

Not only that but you'll also receive bouns rare spawns and faction as well! In addition, the Hero's Forge character feature is on sale in the Marketplace for 50% OFF!

Start your weekend strong and enjoy this bonus weekend!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are the servers still swamped, or can you play Agnarr now?

Thinking about hopping on and loving around tonight.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RCarr posted:

Are the servers still swamped, or can you play Agnarr now?

Thinking about hopping on and loving around tonight.

Zones are pretty busy. 90 people in Butcherblock earlier today.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Zones are pretty busy. 90 people in Butcherblock earlier today.

That doesn't bother me as long as I can actually log in. It's refreshing to see all the people :)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone selling Kronos?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol leveling in innothule swamp is ridiculous compared to the other races starting zones

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol leveling in innothule swamp is ridiculous compared to the other races starting zones

I started a Erud SK and I figured I'd only have to share Paineel and half of Tox with Necros. Nooooope, Mages afk grinding as far as the eye can see.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Piss de Bundy posted:

This is accurate to the early game. I remember my first character was a troll and coming across another player, while not rare, was exciting. When I made my first non-troll character after playing in Innothule / South Ro for a month, I made a high elf and was suddenly thrust into a bustling GFay.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Droid Washington posted:

This is accurate to the early game. I remember my first character was a troll and coming across another player, while not rare, was exciting. When I made my first non-troll character after playing in Innothule / South Ro for a month, I made a high elf and was suddenly thrust into a bustling GFay.

Yeah, innothule sucks so most people end up running to commons or feerrott to party with ogres

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

is there a goon channel on agnarr?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

MF_James posted:

Yeah, innothule sucks so most people end up running to commons or feerrott to party with ogres

I'm glad the majority of people think this. Hand Island is the best leveling in the early game and you can get mad early game rich by selling netted gloves to monks.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Givin posted:

I'm glad the majority of people think this. Hand Island is the best leveling in the early game and you can get mad early game rich by selling netted gloves to monks.

it's just a lovely zone to level in, it's been a LONG time since i did natural leveling there, but I recall there being odd gaps (like you hit level 3 or 4 and the mobs are either level 1-2 or 6, not a lot in the 4-5 range) and finding mobs could sometimes be a pain in the rear end.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Innothule is awesome with a group, crazy fast respawns and they con up to 8 or so. Then you go to S Ro or U Guk.

Kodaji go on Steam dude -- we gotta get grouped up. Also any other goons. I'm Steeb, level 7 Troll Shaman.

Is there an EQ Goon global channel still, I forgot the name of it.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Channel is serverwide.gchat:fygm

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I think I misunderstood your innothule comment. I just made a troll for the hell of it and there are 68 people in the zone...

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Arven posted:

I think I misunderstood your innothule comment. I just made a troll for the hell of it and there are 68 people in the zone...

yeah but this a brand new server, trolls arent exactly a popular race

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
chilling in CB and some boxer just trained emp crush on every group in the zone

I love this game now

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Last I made a troll SK and managed to get a group within 5 minutes of starting and got up to almost level 6 after about an hour. Any other trolls around? I can't seem to find another group. Name is Grognak.

Arven fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 26, 2017

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Leveling in a full group and got trained 6 times by an angry druid who didn't get an invite.

We killed the train each time though so thanks for the free pulls my druid dude.

Goast fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 26, 2017

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
goddamnit everquest.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If anyone wants to add me I'm playing a halfling cleric named Gabbon on Agnarr.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Lvl 6 Forehead Paladin - frankdabank checking in.

Has anyone done the Honey Jum quest in RV? Do I just go kill Bixies in Kith and grab the honeycombs or is there an easier way?

Also, are cash shop visual things permanent or only once per item?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

FranktheBank posted:

Also, are cash shop visual things permanent or only once per item?

Depends on the item. If what you get from the shop is tagged as a "container", it's once per item. If you get an augment, it can be used over and over.

kangs
Sep 12, 2010
There a goon guild? Level 5.. Shissar needing invite if so!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Krycek posted:

Depends on the item. If what you get from the shop is tagged as a "container", it's once per item. If you get an augment, it can be used over and over.

Do the Augments cost to be moved?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

FranktheBank posted:

Do the Augments cost to be moved?

No cost

Elmysterio
May 17, 2003

I shall smite thee with an all consuming fury!
Have a lvl 4 Druid named Vaek on Agnarr if anyone can add

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Krycek posted:

Channel is serverwide.gchat:fygm

Is the command to join just /join serverwide.gchat:fygm ?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Bought all the visible banded pieces. Now I hate being an ERU...

Debating on selling it and buying leather or something or just dealing with it.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I re-rolled a DE Rogue named Stabbs because I've never done a rogue and was getting tired of tanking as a SK. Rogues are a lot of fun, and I'm not sure why I don't see them anywhere. Are they somehow garbage in a way I'm missing? I seem to be doing really good DPS even without backstab, and I am regularly killing yellow mobs because I can kill them so quickly and mitigate a lot of damage.

Stigmas
Sep 6, 2010

Arven posted:

I re-rolled a DE Rogue named Stabbs because I've never done a rogue and was getting tired of tanking as a SK. Rogues are a lot of fun, and I'm not sure why I don't see them anywhere. Are they somehow garbage in a way I'm missing? I seem to be doing really good DPS even without backstab, and I am regularly killing yellow mobs because I can kill them so quickly and mitigate a lot of damage.

They are inferior to monks as far as DPS is concerned. But at least you don't have to constantly be the puller for every group you join.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
You are also soulbound to groups, and at near the bottom of the food chain in group desirability for like, ever. Your solo ability is zero and you offer nothing that many classes can't do better. DPS does pick up in Velious but mostly due to better gear being available.

Rogues are good and corpse recovery, but nothing that someone who can invis or has ITU pots on them can't handle for themselves. Unless you die under Innnorruk or Trakanon or some poo poo, then you're the hero of the day.

Long story short, make friends with a tank and healer and try to build a perma group.,

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

wazu posted:

Is the command to join just /join serverwide.gchat:fygm ?

That will work, but you will have do that each time you log in. Better to use the /autojoin command. You can do multiple channels with autojoin
code:

/autojoin channel1:password1, channel2:password2, channel3
If you have a long list of channels to autojoin, you'll want to edit the config file manually.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Lvl 6 wood elf bard named Jamben! Feels good to be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Krycek posted:

That will work, but you will have do that each time you log in. Better to use the /autojoin command. You can do multiple channels with autojoin
code:
/autojoin channel1:password1, channel2:password2, channel3
If you have a long list of channels to autojoin, you'll want to edit the config file manually.

Thanks. Played a lot 17 years ago but a bit rusty. So do we actually have a guild yet or is it still just chat?