Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Consumer's rights as far as self identified gamers are concerned are more about their own satisfaction with their purchases than it has anything to do with actually protecting consumers. The people who believe their rights are being violated because the new mass effect wasn't what they wanted it to be, doesn't give a poo poo about consumer advocacy outside of whatever they are outraged about this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
can't argue with you about jim sterling's dumbass costumes i think 99% of his schticks are dumb as hell.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neato posted:

Consumer's rights as far as self identified gamers are concerned are more about their own satisfaction with their purchases than it has anything to do with actually protecting consumers. The people who believe their rights are being violated because the new mass effect wasn't what they wanted it to be, doesn't give a poo poo about consumer advocacy outside of whatever they are outraged about this week.

I remember that weird Mass Effect backlash backlash. When the third game came out, and the main selling point of the series, your decisions matter to the story, turned out to be a lie. And a bunch of people were like, this sucks, fix it or give us refunds, and then a bunch of people were like, "ugh, typical entitled games, wanting all the advertised features. Just purchase the product and be content with that, losers"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Deadulus posted:

Cross came off kinda pedantic is this one. Needing to stop and over explain every joke/tweet and fight Amber over year old venison lol.

Yeah wtf was that a bit?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I don't really feel that gaming causes libertarian/reactionary views so much as the type of person who can afford to game frequently enough for it to be a real hobby (as gaming is far more expensive than other comparable hobbies thanks to DRM, DLC, microtransactions, gaming platforms and games being expensive, et cetera) turn out to be white dudes with lots of disposable income and that's really the prime target for dumb reactionary poo poo these days. So I don't really agree with Matt's view on gaming somehow being more alienating than burning oneself out on Harry Potter slashfic or becoming a Randroid after reading Atlas Shrugged.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 26, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

This is the one I need clarification on. What happened?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Neato posted:

The new mass effect being a fundamentally broken product is a legitimate complaint.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
no one cares

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I think it's fine to complain about products, sorry.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Like Chapo should probably hire an audio guy or spend ten minutes figuring out how to mix Matt's audio into the show properly if they're going to be making a million dollars a year or whatever ludicrous dollar amount this podcast pulls in.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I didn't agree with Matt until literally right now

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Famethrowa posted:

I didn't agree with Matt until literally right now

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Matt Christman, obese white goon with a six figure income for talking into a cell phone, calls out consumers!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It is really about ethics in podcast sound quality

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I think if you're a person paying for something you have a right to complain about it. This is like the least controversial statement possible.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Static Equilibrium posted:

This is the same neurosis that gave us those bizarre "if Hillary had won" twitter accounts. It's like we're watching "Good Bye, Biden!" or something.

Okay so now I'm just trying to imagine a Goodbye, Lenin-esque movie featuring the onion's parody of Joe Biden coming out of a coma and I don't think I've ever wanted to see a fictional movie this much since someone suggested a stoner comedy set in the Vatican in CD a few years ago.

Apoplexy posted:

This is the one I need clarification on. What happened?
Smash Mouth didn't eat the eggs, duh.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if you don't like the show, why do you listen to it and make it crystal clear to everyone around you that you don't like that show? go vote with your dollars.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'll crowdfund buying Matt a tin can and string so it sounds like the first episode again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gas

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm starting to think that the gamergate poster is probably here to troll and should just not be engaged? can we try that?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Personally I'm grateful that we have, here in this thread, an example of how capitalism atomizes its subjects until they can't even apprehend any issue with any context beyond individual actions, forming opinions so clueless that they're not even wrong.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The proper course of action is to not speak to him, and if possible to avoid looking at him, like how people deal with him in real life.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Serf posted:

i'm starting to think that the gamergate poster is probably here to troll and should just not be engaged? can we try that?

i think hes trying to post genuinely he just has a completely rotten brain

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Trabisnikof posted:

It is really about ethics in podcast sound quality

Legit funny right here.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Phone posted:

if you don't like the show, why do you listen to it and make it crystal clear to everyone around you that you don't like that show? go vote with your dollars.

I really enjoy the show but they can afford to spend a couple minutes producing the show. There's no reason Cum Town should have better audio.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Under the vegetable posted:

I really enjoy the show but they can afford to spend a couple minutes producing the show. There's no reason Cum Town should have better audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFr_zhZjDrE

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This is amazing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
remember when gamers got super mad over the voice actor strike and their opposition to dev unions

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Jared imitating burn after reading

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

New season of arrested development looking good.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Matt is just laying down, drinking beer with the microphone in another room down the hallway. The audio is great consider he won't sit up for it.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
He has a Blue Yeti and got quite annoyed in one periscope that the internet was telling him he sounds like poo poo because he bought the mic they told him to get

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is he a Chelsea fan again?

United, last I remember seeing.

Felix has strong feelings about Mika's pops

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/868292941550321665

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/868296293365542912

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Famethrowa posted:

Yeah wtf was that a bit?

That's exactly what it sounded like to me, a bit. Maybe it didn't land as well, but I thought it was funny how they were painstakingly deconstructing every single last element of Huckabee's tweets to try and find a shred of humor, or getting intensely agitated about who knows more about frozen ground deer meat. Felt in line with Cross's stuff like, well, pretty much all of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, cringing your way through a painful situation so horrible it comes all the way around to being funny again.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Under the vegetable posted:

The new mass effect being a fundamentally broken product is a legitimate complaint.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought it if it looked bad.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Impermanent posted:

can't argue with you about jim sterling's dumbass costumes i think 99% of his schticks are dumb as hell.

The thing about gaming and gamers is that you have to watch a couple of Jim Sterling episodes before you realize that it's a shtick instead just another fat idiot who takes himself way too seriously.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I don't know who Jim Sterling is but a quick google image search proved to me that I do not in fact have to watch even one of his episodes!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have bought it if it looked bad.

I am genuinely enjoying it because I am a fundamentally damaged person

Speaking of my garbage taste in everything I didn't enjoy the latest episode at all because I can't stand David Cross, it's like he's going for a Curb your Enthusiasm thing but isn't funny enough to make it work and it's just awkward and pedantic

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jim Sterling owns and is exactly the guy I want endlessly making GBS threads on video game corporations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Crane Fist posted:

I am genuinely enjoying it because I am a fundamentally damaged person

There's nothing wrong with that. The point where I go "gamers are dumbass retard crybabies" is when they see previews of the game's weird animations, read reviews that point out the game's flaws, and basically should know exactly what to expect from the game, they still go out and buy it and then act shocked when the game that everybody said looked like poo poo and played kind of fucky ended up not being perfect.

Bryter posted:

I don't know who Jim Sterling is but a quick google image search proved to me that I do not in fact have to watch even one of his episodes!

He is apparently changing his set and costume because so many people think the "dictator standing at a podium surrounded by his favorite toys" thing is serious, which honestly says more about internet game commenters as a whole than it does Jim Sterling.