Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Calaveron posted:

So if Obama's administration had been accused of like half of the things going on in the current one, how far into it before they started 25ing him

If even 1/4 of the evidence for poo poo that's come out of Trump's administration had been under Obama we would have had our first president to actually wind up in prison.

Democrats actually have some morals and would have definitely caved under the intense pressure of this increasingly insane level of criminal bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Ekster posted:

Didn't he complain about not being able to find a wife or something.

Notch was married for less than a year between 2011 and 2012, if I'm remembering right.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Is it too much to ask for people to at least do their evil poo poo competently.

I just personally feel insulted.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Remember that meeting between Erik Prince and the Russians on the Seychelles in order to set up a secret back channel for Team Trump? That was alleged to have taken place exactly one month after J-Kush asked for exactly that, which would mean that they granted his request.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
please tell me this is all an ARG for the next season of Arrested Development.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what you're saying is that when the allies meet their obligations we get to hear Republicans crow about how Trump made them do it.

Yep!

Horrifying, ain't it?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

snorch posted:

Remember that meeting between Erik Prince and the Russians on the Seychelles in order to set up a secret back channel for Team Trump? That was alleged to have taken place exactly one month after J-Kush asked for exactly that, which would mean that they granted his request.

Holy poo poo, I almost forgot about that happening.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I'm pretty sure the investigation is going to be cracked wide open after Trump straight up admits it over Twitter or computers get handed over and "Russia Email Hack Agreement.doc" is still in he Recycle Bin.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Trumpnesia is real.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it owns that this administration is so bonkers that trump's lawyers saying not violating the constitution is too much work due to the intricacies of his business and also changed their argument from "he's not violating the emoluments clause" to "actually the emoluments clause doesn't apply to the president" ranks like 12th or 13th on crazy poo poo that came out this week.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

That moment when you realize the guy you have been fighting against is best bros with the side you have been tasked to protect. I bet the CIA is pissed about this as a whole.

Also, I want to punch Kushner so so unbelievably hard in his smug face.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

snorch posted:

Holy poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jared kushner is the only person who's failed up harder than trump.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Roland Jones posted:

It's not just that, the dude is extremely sexist and unpleasant. He's an MRA type who complains that "mansplaining" is a sexist term while also throwing the word "oval office" around at women who challenge him on that (he once accused a woman of "cuntfusing" the issue, apparently not seeing the irony in saying that right after calling the word "mansplaining" sexist), and also a GamerGater and such. He's basically a 4channer who happened to become a billionaire. It's no surprise no women want anything to do with him even with all his money.

He must be even worse than that in person if he can't hook a desperate failed actress in Hollywood with his billion dollars. He must give off some real murder vibes.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Hastings posted:

Also, I want to punch Kushner so so unbelievably hard in his smug face.
Run for office first or else you could get in trouble for that

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/868247151788384258
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/868248415809003520
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/868249102852784128
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/868247843752095744

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Groovelord Neato posted:

jared kushner is the only person who's failed up harder than trump.

Erik Trump is smiling in a human fashion because his incompetence has gone unnoticed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope the speediness of information these days allows us to genuinely speedrun the Watergate treatment and get this all sorted out in a matter of months instead of years

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BarbarianElephant posted:

He must be even worse than that in person if he can't hook a desperate failed actress in Hollywood with his billion dollars. He must give off some real murder vibes.

yeah elon musk managed to snag amber heard and she's so insanely out of his league he might as well be playing tee ball.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dexo posted:

There was probably enough evidence for proceedings to start around day 20 or so.

Wouldn't the emoluments thing that started day 1 be enough?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I had at least 2 Trump voters tell me that Trump was getting their vote because "he knows how to hire the best people."

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Roland Jones posted:

It's not just that, the dude is extremely sexist and unpleasant. He's an MRA type who complains that "mansplaining" is a sexist term while also throwing the word "oval office" around at women who challenge him on that (he once accused a woman of "cuntfusing" the issue, apparently not seeing the irony in saying that right after calling the word "mansplaining" sexist), and also a GamerGater and such. He's basically a 4channer who happened to become a billionaire. It's no surprise no women want anything to do with him even with all his money.

So what you are saying is that he'll have to do what our orange man-baby president did and buy a woman from eastern Europe?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

funny notch story his gf dumped him and then when minecraft started taking off she got back with him and he married her. then she divorced him. ez money.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

"Ya gotta admit: I played this [country] like a Harp from Hell!"

Holy poo poo. This made my day.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Calaveron posted:

Wouldn't the emoluments thing that started day 1 be enough?

Maybe House. But Dems wouldn't put up the votes in the Senate to get him out the paint for at least a couple of months.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

funny notch story his gf dumped him and then when minecraft started taking off she got back with him and he married her. then she divorced him. ez money.

Funny how big of a dupe he was but that is the kind of story that emboldens MRAs unfortunately

The Kushner news...don't know what to say. Lock him up? Please? :(

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Bhaal posted:

Run for office first or else you could get in trouble for that

Wait, do I register the Super PAC first and then funnel Russian money, or the other way around? I constantly forget the order of process.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
If this story is completely true, is there any legal reason they could use to wrangle out of this sort of news?

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can we lock up Ivanka too? She was laundering money from the Revolutionary Guard through her hotel project in Baku.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

hanales posted:

If this story is completely true, is there any legal reason they could use to wrangle out of this sort of news?

Technically they did nothing wrong.

You need to find the quid pro quo, the money moving or the cover up.

Strictly speaking there is nothing wrong with an adviser to the president looking for a new channel of communications with Russia.

Looks guilty as gently caress though.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I don't know how trusting I'd be of a report from the Russians.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Man the only thing weirder than a wack packer being prez is Artie being alive wtf is this world

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

hanales posted:

They don't have to do anything. All they have is slam dunk perjury. Jared will claim ignorance and it will go away. Nothing will happen until the investigation finds Russian money involved. There is always a paper trail. These bombshells are very useful because they keep the investigation fire going.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/868255544632635394

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868253054054825984

e:b

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Butts posted:

lol when this is the main conservative defense of this, just lol

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Agreed, however, we know that Erik Prince went to Seychelles to do pretty much exactly what Kushner requested in the news that broke today, which I assume means it's probably pretty loving real. Considering THAT news broke back in April, I think it's safe to assume the IC had their ears on it the entire time.

Boy I can't wait to hear what was picked up in those recordings.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

jared really is one dumb mutherfucker.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Well. He's probably going to die soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

hanales posted:

Well. He's probably going to die soon.

Yeah, that picture looks like it was taken when they told him his deal got turned down.

• Locked thread