Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I reckon what comes out of this part Casca restoration story and going forward for Berserk will be Casca and Guts coming to the decision to kill Griffith, but not out of anger, revenge or hatred, but to finish off what remains of the Griffith they knew out of a respect for their former friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I reckon what comes out of this part Casca restoration story and going forward for Berserk will be Casca and Guts coming to the decision to kill Griffith, but not out of anger, revenge or hatred, but to finish off what remains of the Griffith they knew out of a respect for their former friend.

Yeah, that would make sense.

People predicting that she'd come out of it and be in love with Griffith and betray Guts never made sense to me. Except, like, as a joke of what the most horrible/depressing outcome would be. Casca always had a more duty-based/familial relationship with Griffith, which is part of what made the eclipse extra horrific.

She trusted him more than anyone else, and he betrayed that. Her relationship with Guts was more mutual, based on their shared trauma and need for companionship. It even plays into the whole thing where Guts wants/represents equitable relationships while Griffith only desires pawns.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

This is what I'm really, really hoping for though there are a lot of directions Miura can take this in that would be totally fine/valid for me. :)

oh no. You're KIDDING me.

I haven't seen yet because I have to watch crunchy on my fuckin' kindle fire at home (I can never get the stream to my tv to work) and keep getting "episode not ready" errors on it.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 26, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

oh no. You're KIDDING me.

I haven't seen yet because I have to watch crunchy on my fuckin' kindle fire at home (I can never get the stream to my tv to work) and keep getting "episode not ready" errors on it.

I mean

It's not wrong! :v:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm sad.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Last week: it's getting better, I swear! Please hear me, folks, I swear it's getting a little better!
Today: thanks for making a loving idiot out of me berserk 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Isidro going full Dark Souls 3 there at the beginning

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

we cant stay here, this is muppet country

bondster
May 6, 2007

Is Guts supposed to be walking or riding a horse?

Cause that CANNOT be what the studio signed off as a walking animation.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

bondster posted:

Is Guts supposed to be walking or riding a horse?

Cause that CANNOT be what the studio signed off as a walking animation.

Welcome to the hell that is the Berserk 2017 anime!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, Farnese took all that remarkably well. Kid's come a long way.

I think that the healing will lead to some sort of separation between Guts and Casca. Remember that the tragedy that ended the Golden Age was kicked off by Guts realising that the best and healthiest way forward for him was to leave the Hawks and strike out on his own for a while, and Griffith being unable to psychologically handle letting him go. If Guts wants the love of his life to heal and grow, he's going to have to let her be her own person for a while. There's been a lot of hints that he sees healing her as a step towards his own salvation with a restored Casca as his prize, and I think that doing something good that he does not actually gain any benefit from will be a tremendously important challenge for him - and, if he succeeds, a tremendously important step forward.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
That gentleman just collapsed. :laugh:

vvv Laffing at the word choice. If only they knew what Griffith actually was...

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 27, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

That gentleman just collapsed. :laugh:

It's been so long since I read that part what was that?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Radish posted:

It's been so long since I read that part what was that?

I feel like it's the celebratory dance with the assassination attempt.

And yeah Farnese was decent about that, maybe she's gonna let go of that crush or something since she has better things to do with her life than go after a guy who will never be interested.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, Farnese took all that remarkably well. Kid's come a long way.

I think that the healing will lead to some sort of separation between Guts and Casca. Remember that the tragedy that ended the Golden Age was kicked off by Guts realising that the best and healthiest way forward for him was to leave the Hawks and strike out on his own for a while, and Griffith being unable to psychologically handle letting him go. If Guts wants the love of his life to heal and grow, he's going to have to let her be her own person for a while. There's been a lot of hints that he sees healing her as a step towards his own salvation with a restored Casca as his prize, and I think that doing something good that he does not actually gain any benefit from will be a tremendously important challenge for him - and, if he succeeds, a tremendously important step forward.

Casca is going to go all Black Swordswoman and head off on her own. No matter how positively she feels about Guts, she's not just going to be able to just snap back into their relationship the way it was years ago. She's probably going to gently caress right off Elfheim, sail the seven seas, and show up to save the group on the way back to Falconia or something.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

This kind of feels a bit wrong though, what with Griffith never really being an actual true friend with either. He was using everyone the whole time and the idea that maybe he was starting to form an actual bond with Guts is part of what drove him over the edge into self destruction.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Also you're all neglecting the possibility of them settling on elf island for good and the series coming to an end in three or four chapters.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Also you're all neglecting the possibility of them settling on elf island for good and the series coming to an end in three or four chapters.

...You mean the very island that Griffith is actively trying to destroy along with the rest of the spirit trees?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

I like how the gif loop shows the background characters are sliding to the right.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Nalin posted:

I like how the gif loop shows the background characters are sliding to the right.

what the gently caress it's true

this loving anime :psyduck:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Inferno cop?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Eopia posted:

...You mean the very island that Griffith is actively trying to destroy along with the rest of the spirit trees?

he could get distracted and forget about it

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Shinjobi posted:

Inferno cop?

no because inferno cop was good

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Man I'm just here to talk about a good manga why you gotta shove that poo poo in my face

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Man I'm just here to talk about a good manga why you gotta shove that poo poo in my face

Someone used a behelit and sacrificed what quality the anime would have had.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

This kind of feels a bit wrong though, what with Griffith never really being an actual true friend with either. He was using everyone the whole time and the idea that maybe he was starting to form an actual bond with Guts is part of what drove him over the edge into self destruction.

I mean, that's the reality they were faced with when they experienced the eclipse but that may be something that's pretty difficult to come to terms with since they have these crystallized memories of "good" griffith - Casca has that. She had that memory surface for a reason; that part of this agony is also just reconciling that "good" griffith with the monster she realized that he actually was?

I can absolutely see her wanting to go totally vengeful on him, I can see her wanting to put him down with Guts, I can see her response to it just being "I didn't want to come back, I can't think about this, let me be, let me go, I don't want to be near you either Guts." I'd be pretty shocked if her response is "I'm not upset with Griffith, I forgive him" but who knows. The latter would make me feel pretty bad but it is what it is.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I like little sprite Casca :kimchi:

e: white phoenix?

ee: you musn't see this master!!

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 06:48 on May 27, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zeruel posted:

I like little sprite Casca :kimchi:

e: white phoenix?

Griffith was knighted after Dolrey and the band made into the Order of the White Phoenix for approximately a day before Griffith put his dick where it didn't belong.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Regulus74 posted:

Do you not watch any TV or movies? The most popular TV series at the moment is a terrible fantasy series that delivers its metatextual "LOOK HOW loving EDGY AND SHOCKING WE'RE TRYING TO BE, human being! gently caress YOU" message through regular rape/abuse/death of children and it's won more emmys than any other primetime series ever. The most critically acclaimed comic book movie this year is an oppressively bleak pseudo western about a washed up superhero helping a group of child soldiers escape a group of child torturers/murderers/slavers.

What comic is that? Sounds cool

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Berserk.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What I don't get about that gif/scene is that they have a walk cycle for him. He looks like he's poo poo himself but they have one. Why have him vibrate to the left?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Can I... have a long avatar?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Arrgytehpirate posted:

The actual comic it's adapted from has a lot less protecting children and a lot more incest, cannibalism, and dinosaurs in it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Logan, I think? I haven't seen it yet myself.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Berserk could definitely use more dinosaurs

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Guts no..

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

That's my dignity walking off the screen after I called this show good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy gently caress, the hammer knocking Guts back across the grass. I was laughing so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Animation was hot garbage this episode. Geezus. At least the last 2 minutes were cool.

Gonna read the newest chapter to wash the taste out of my eyes.