Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Groovelord Neato posted:

jared really is one dumb mutherfucker.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His father actually went to jail for illegal campaign contributions. In 2005. :lol:

The father's cover up of it is what landed him in jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Russia wants Trump to burn and I don't mind that outcome at all.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Piss tapes or riot.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I keep alternating between "Oh hell yeah everyone is gonna rot in jail for this" and near-covok levels of "oh I forgot nothing matters and odds are everyone's gonna get off this poo poo scott free" and for once I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of this one. Maybe it'll just be flynn and jkush and the GOP will say "Welp job's done back to killing folks"

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Russia wanted Trump just to get rid of sanctions. They have no loyalty to him.

Maybe they can make a deal with Pence in exchange for the piss tape.

Edit: where did the 'nothing matters' start? Was it SNL or did someone say it before then?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Krispy Kareem posted:

Edit: where did the 'nothing matters' start? Was it SNL or did someone say it before then?

That's the only reason Trump hasn't been burned yet. As soon as those sanctions are gone, we're going to see a whole lot of people dropping dead and evidence being "found".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Russia like everyone else Trump screwed, thought they could control a backstabbing mentally unstable orange piece of poo poo. All they really did is piss Rubles into Trump's wallet and are here to collect, but are getting stonewalled by a Republican base too stupid to know what kind of toxic swamp they now swim in.

If anything the most likely scenario eventually will be CIA/Military Coup when the Republicans start to betray each other to look like the clean part of the government.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Can someone post the Russian This is Fine Dog

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Literally began on election night.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
In the Trump/Bluth fiction Jared is definitely, 100% Tobias Fünke.

I'm imagining a classic misunderstanding scenario where some russian agent was making conversation with him and started dropping all circuitous language and had a more direct exchange like this:

Agent: So I can--how you say, 'scratch your back'...?
Kush: Oh yes, I could really use that! My lumbar is killing me, do you use hot stones?
Agent: Uhh, am not certain what 'hot stones' is, but *looks around* I can get you back channel in Russia.
Kush: Oh, I don't know if I've heard of those, are they the curved stick things?
Agent: *uncertain stare*
Kush: Nevermind, I've probably never seen one if they are only available in Russia. Oh, what the hell, yes!! I'd be very interested in this back channel

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

Actually they wanted sanctions dropped and they wanted to sew some chaos into the American political system similar to what happened to them when the CCCP fell apart.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lote posted:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His father actually went to jail for illegal campaign contributions. In 2005. :lol:

The father's cover up of it is what landed him in jail.

There is a notable lack of dogs in this post.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This counts as a :lol:, right?

quote:

The White House intervened in order to add an extra littoral combat ship to Navy's budget request a day after the budget was released, three sources familiar with the decision told CNN, in a move that has befuddled lawmakers and budget experts.

The decision to add a second littoral combat ship to the Trump administration budget after the fact caught even Navy leaders by surprise, with Navy officials delivering contradictory testimony Wednesday while defending their budget on Capitol Hill.

The Navy initially submitted a budget that funded one littoral combat ship for 2018, down from two that the Obama administration requested in 2017.

On Wednesday morning, acting Navy Secretary Sean Stackley defended the decision to fund just one such ship in a Senate hearing. But by the afternoon, Navy acquisition official Allison Stiller testified to a House panel that the White House Office of Management and Budget now "endorsed" a second ship, which would cost more than $500 million.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/politics/littoral-combat-ship-white-house-intervene/index.html

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Krispy Kareem posted:

I love this part. You're gonna love it too.

Are you ready?

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Bhaal posted:

Are you ready?

This one's a little older and I remember it getting posted in this forum

https://twitter.com/EricTeetsel/status/689120119989997568

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Bhaal posted:

Are you ready?

I really think this is my favorite subplot of the entire trump presidency. its just :perfect:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Arturo Ui posted:

It would be funny if Jacobs had started that stupid meme but I'm pretty sure it was this guy who was like Jeb's campaign manager and was this seminole moment of Jeb's and the GOP's hopelessness against Trump.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Donnie just needs to nip this one before it gets out of control and issue a pardon to Jared. Do it. You know you want to. Pardon him.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

Donnie just needs to nip this one before it gets out of control and issue a pardon to Jared. Do it. You know you want to. Pardon him.

I don't think you can preemptively pardon someone? He hasn't been charged with anything

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
There are days when I welcome the thought of being eaten by a swarm of pigs

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Spaced God posted:

I don't think you can preemptively pardon someone? He hasn't been charged with anything

I think you can. Either way, they both know what he did. Easy to tailor the pardon to fit.

Do it, you orange fucker.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

STAC Goat posted:

It would be funny if Jacobs had started that stupid meme but I'm pretty sure it was this guy who was like Jeb's campaign manager and was this seminole moment of Jeb's and the GOP's hopelessness against Trump.

I thought it was the Jeb screaming out a car window while driving away "Did I say his name? Did I say his name?!"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Party Plane Jones posted:

At this point we're just waiting for Notch's body to be discovered hanging in his mansion; dude really went off the deep end of depression/moronism after moving to LA and realized he's sitting in a 6000 sq foot multimillion dollar home and knows nobody.

I already told him he'd be happier if he gave me a tiny percentage of his money but :shrug:

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Remember a pardon deletes your 5th amendment.

Mercury Ballistic fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 27, 2017

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Arturo Ui posted:

Dang I didn't know about this one. Though he might have begun it, I'd argue the expression got refined and picked up speed by Jacobs' tweet.

"Nothing Matters" coming from Jeb's(!) camp is really poetic as well. It's a win/win

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Remember a pardon deletes your 5 the amendment.

If he refused to testify is it up to Congress to punish him? Because I imagine the GOP would be totally okay just... not?

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Nah, pretty sure contempt of Congress or a court is pretty easy to prosecute.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Part of me wonders if it would be beneficial to get a pardon, not testify, and then go to jail for contempt because the punishment for that would be way less than, say, the punishment for undermining the nation. Plus it's just JKush, not anyone he could incriminate by testifying. That'd be some real Mafia rear end poo poo

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
There's a reason Presidents wait until they're almost out of office to pardon people. It's a remarkably unpopular perk.

Pardoning family to protect yourself would go over like a brick.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Spaced God posted:

Part of me wonders if it would be beneficial to get a pardon, not testify, and then go to jail for contempt because the punishment for that would be way less than, say, the punishment for undermining the nation. Plus it's just JKush, not anyone he could incriminate by testifying. That'd be some real Mafia rear end poo poo

The punishment for contempt is jail until you testify if they so choose.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hope media hits the stuff about Jared's dad a lot because I want to see the Kushners start to be referenced to as a "white collar crime family".

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Spaced God posted:

Kushner doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who can handle a long stretch to keep the Family's secrets.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

There's a reason Presidents wait until they're almost out of office to pardon people. It's a remarkably unpopular perk.

I can't believe there isn't a :nothingmatters: emote yet.

I feel like it would save a lot of people a lot of time

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

jared really is one dumb mutherfucker.

The dude is a literal slumlord.

So yeah, don't expect much.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Also, their may be many counts of contempt should they wish to frame it that way.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kushner is not a particularly intelligent person.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Remember a pardon deletes your 5th amendment.

Which then you can also be pardoned for.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Starmaker posted:

I can't believe there isn't a :nothingmatters: emote yet.

I feel like it would save a lot of people a lot of time

We need a :covok:

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

That's fine too

A little cartoon of Ben Jacobs getting his glasses broken, frowning, and saying "nothing matters"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Krispy Kareem posted:

He doesn't care. He's at 40% approval and his voters don't care if he shoots someone on 5th avenue.

• Locked thread