Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on UK-US intelligence sharing – UK officials have blamed the leaking of intelligence information on the Manchester Arena attack on a breakdown of discipline in US institutions"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

General Election 2017: Ukip manifesto launch

Mail:
MAC on... increased security in public around Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

STOP WE'RE ON STAIRS YOU'LL KILL US BOTH!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Avirosb posted:

Any form of public acknowledgement is a boon to their cause.

we don't live in a reality where the government has control over all information and can censor those who report on attacks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

QuoProQuid posted:

we don't live in a reality where the government has control over all information and can censor those who report on attacks

Also it's significantly more complicated then "just ignore them and they'll go away"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

QuoProQuid posted:

I know that.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

33 is a free mason thing. The arrows are something to do with the Rothchilds.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I find lion Bibi hilarious,.
If not for the bottom third of the picture , this could have been a weird casting of the wizard of Oz.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CampingCarl posted:

33 is a free mason thing.

Or, Trump's ears just have the Green Farts. Happens all the time.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Did DDees do politoons before he went coocoo banaynays? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

KillerQueen posted:

Did DDees do politoons before he went coocoo banaynays? I'd be interested in seeing that.

He did Sesame Street books. Seriously.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KillerQueen posted:

No, before he became unwell he worked for Sesame Street and helped make children's books.

Edit: beaten

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

KillerQueen posted:

No, as said he did children's books. Sesame Streets, among others:

You can see how the composition is immediately recognizable as Dees' style.

Then he went crazy, and then he started politoons. Apparently this was his first:

Guess who was POTUS when he made it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Sandpuppy posted:

What happens when a right winger ventures to a different channel where they just report the news.

The report covered 2012 to 2015, so Lester accidentally admitted jobs increased during the Obama years.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The report covered 2012 to 2015, so Lester accidentally admitted jobs increased during the Obama years.

Either the cartoon is a year old, so it's not like he could do anything but, or he doesn't know what year it is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Allow me to grossly stretch the definition of political cartoon for a moment.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

(this is a vaguely topical cartoon, Hillary coughed at the beginning of her Wellesley speech. then gave the speech without coughing for half an hour but whatever)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hillary's been dying for 10 months, according to Ben Garrison.

I really can't believe that so many right-wing cartoonists just keep harping on Hillary and Obama, who are basically not involved in politics at all at this point. This is like some Ted Kennedy poo poo.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The famous act of moral failure... coughing

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nobody in human history has ever coughed before or during a speech....except for Killary, obviously.

Schrodinger's politician: simultaneously an evil genius mastermind and a frail old woman who's on death's door

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, that stupid, sickly bitch!

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember that the alt-right views physical illness the same way that those on the left view mental illness with regards to the ability of a leader to be an effective leader. The left thought that Reagan, George W. Bush, and now Trump were dumb and crazy and that affected their competence as heads-of-state because intelligence and sanity, compromise and negotiation are necessary for the functioning of a state. In a similar vein, the alt-right dismisses Clinton as a sickly crone and therefore unable to be an inspiring leader, unable to dominate enemies abroad. Notice how Garrison, in contradistinction to Clinton, portrays Trump as an Aryan god. Trump himself, of course, accused his opponents during the primaries of being "low energy" and made fun of the disabled. Garrison's portrayal of Clinton's supposed bad health is a non sequitur to us, but it makes perfect sense to Garrison because the central characteristics of a good leader is virility, dominance, and revenge.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Corek posted:

(this is a vaguely topical cartoon, Hillary coughed at the beginning of her Wellesley speech. then gave the speech without coughing for half an hour but whatever)

Is that not from several months ago? I could swear I saw that exact cartoon before the election.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Corek posted:

MAGA is a slimer ghost that possesses people and causes them to cough a lot. agc

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Prism posted:

Either the cartoon is a year old, so it's not like he could do anything but, or he doesn't know what year it is.

Probably the latter since this is the video, dated May 25 2017:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/867703115084165120/video/1

Also, it's nice to see the Branco cartoon from today has already aged well.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

CampingCarl posted:

I...this...what? :psyduck:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sandpuppy posted:

Probably the latter since this is the video, dated May 25 2017:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/867703115084165120/video/1

I was guessing it was new, but he dated it -16.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sirtommygunn posted:

Is that not from several months ago? I could swear I saw that exact cartoon before the election.

He tweeted it out just today
https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/868148510021099521

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I...this...what? :psyduck:

It reminds me of a display of antisemitic propaganda I saw in a museum once. I guess they can update their exhibit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A reporter got his glasses busted for asking a question, Trump is shoving other leaders out of his way to go talk about how much he hates Germany, he keeps getting caught in goofball photos where his wife slaps his hand or he sticks his fingers in a big glowing orb, but sure, let's go with "Hillary, who has absconded from politics, coughed at a commencement." Maybe stick it to the Zuck, John Kerry or Joe Biden next, Garrison, they all spoke at Harvard.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

A reporter got his glasses busted for asking a question, Trump is shoving other leaders out of his way to go talk about how much he hates Germany, he keeps getting caught in goofball photos where his wife slaps his hand or he sticks his fingers in a big glowing orb, but sure, let's go with "Hillary, who has absconded from politics, coughed at a commencement." Maybe stick it to the Zuck, John Kerry or Joe Biden next, Garrison, they all spoke at Harvard.

the Zuck speech had some gems in there, but a right-winger would never turn on a respectable businessman like him

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's old. I've definitely seen it before too.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sirtommygunn posted:

Yes, it is. For Garrison, anything Hillary Clinton has done will continue to be relevant for as long as the he needs to avoid discussing anything Trump has done.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

CampingCarl posted:

:jewish::420::wom:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Her Dryer posted:

Is he implying that Greg Gianforte is going to murder his family and then hang himself?

Inshallah. The 10 year mark of that is coming up pretty soon.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I don't want Greg Gianforte to kill his family. :ohdear:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I mean, he can kill himself, sure.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The idea that political candidates can physically attack reporters with no consequences is a bad thing. It's one time where the context doesn't matter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
for a raging islamophobe ddees sure care a lot about Palestine

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Do we have any German goons in here? I'm wondering how the German cartoons are looking after Trump proceeded to basically piss off that entire country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

for a raging islamophobe ddees sure care a lot about Palestine

It's almost as if there's (((someone else))) he dislikes even more...

• Locked thread