Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i finally got this game, it seems cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plebian Parasite posted:

i'm jealous dude. i'd pay a lot of money to be able to wipe my memory and play it fresh. enjoy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

hit us up with updates, screenies, YouTube share clips etc. enjoy one of my favorite games of all time

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got a super busy schedule until like june, so i'll be playing very piecemeal, but I already appreciate the style and how it feels a little faster than other souls games, plus I got a chain cane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

, plus I got a chain cane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iw0-U9OknI

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Please let us know what weapon becomes ur favorite. https://youtu.be/HSOuLJtDRFA

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

Please let us know what weapon becomes ur favorite. https://youtu.be/HSOuLJtDRFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4W-3cd5fg

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Savage

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

phew, got up to cleric beast tonight before i stopped, got him just shy of halfway hp on my first try so hopefully I don't need to run into this particular wall too many times before i kill it, plus now i can finally level up and upgrade gear in the hunters dream so should be ok.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

phew, got up to cleric beast tonight before i stopped, got him just shy of halfway hp on my first try so hopefully I don't need to run into this particular wall too many times before i kill it, plus now i can finally level up and upgrade gear in the hunters dream so should be ok.

:allears:

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm jealous dude. i'd pay a lot of money to be able to wipe my memory and play it fresh. enjoy.

for real. one of my coworkers is getting a PS4 soon and i can't wait for the stories because he's a huge souls guy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I was walkin around with my girl for lunch in philadelphia today I saw some asian kid wearing a "straight outta yharnam" t-shirt so I went up to him and told him his shirt owned but I forgot that I've been lifting a ton of weights lately, growing my beard out and had on my absolutely badass pair of aviator shades on cause it was bright out and I think I scared the poo poo out of him and I felt kinda bad about it (he was prob like 16 and will never wear that shirt again if it means big black men yell at him about Bloodborne)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i'm going to play this tonight. my STR / ARC guy is just past father fart dollar, so there are a few fun bosses open to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I was walkin around with my girl for lunch in philadelphia today I saw some asian kid wearing a "straight outta yharnam" t-shirt so I went up to him and told him his shirt owned but I forgot that I've been lifting a ton of weights lately, growing my beard out and had on my absolutely badass pair of aviator shades on cause it was bright out and I think I scared the poo poo out of him and I felt kinda bad about it (he was prob like 16 and will never wear that shirt again if it means big black men yell at him about Bloodborne)

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

It will be his most treasured memory

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jax takes a break from the Mortal Kombat tourney to ask frail teens whether they prefer the Cane or the Cleaver as a starting wep

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGE0Nadd1ME a dude just broke the world record for this, and is still running it going for new PBs rn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol at the gascione fight but also taking notes on it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Can't wait to hear this story from the other side in the IZ in a couple years.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just bought this game, have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I'm dying a lot.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Sounds like you're doing good, keep it up

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Beat my first boss! That bigass cleric beast. It's pretty cool how the game is gradually opening up, really sick game design

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing this again, and i'm sort of pissed at myself because i got really bad after not playing souls games for a few months. i actually died to blood starved... -_-

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chill Penguin posted:

Beat my first boss! That bigass cleric beast. It's pretty cool how the game is gradually opening up, really sick game design

congrats hunter . have fun and don't hesitate to switch around your weapon and experiment to find what you like the best..... everything is totally viable to beat the game with, it's not like dark souls where you have broken straight swords and really specific weapons that only work with certain builds

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

goferchan posted:

congrats hunter . have fun and don't hesitate to switch around your weapon and experiment to find what you like the best..... everything is totally viable to beat the game with, it's not like dark souls where you have broken straight swords and really specific weapons that only work with certain builds

Thanks. Is there a way to switch to the other starting weapons? Or am I just not far enough to find loot yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can eventually buy the other starting weapons in the hub, but you'll also find some out and about. The weapon selection is awesome

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I regret picking the cleaver over the cane, but figured I should try the most "default" weapon first

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I regret picking the cleaver over the cane, but figured I should try the most "default" weapon first

cleaver is probably the most all around good weapon in the game until the dlc

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
yoo these fuckin dogs are making me do the calm freakout where you toss the controller up and back into your hands, doing about 720 deg flip

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dogs in the game are outrageous

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

extremebuff posted:

the dogs in the game are outrageous

The path to Hemwick is the hardest part of the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm playing this again, and i'm sort of pissed at myself because i got really bad after not playing souls games for a few months. i actually died to blood starved... -_-

Did you try avoiding the foul beasts attacks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

You can eventually buy the other starting weapons in the hub, but you'll also find some out and about. The weapon selection is awesome

don't you have to find an item to unlock the other starters for purchase? or does it just happen after you beat one of the bosses? i forget

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

goferchan posted:

don't you have to find an item to unlock the other starters for purchase? or does it just happen after you beat one of the bosses? i forget

Last night I beat Father Casciglione or however it's spelled, and someqhere around that time the other weapons became available for purchase. The cane is awesome, I feel like Ivy from soulcali or the dude with the bone sword in "Brotherhood of the Wolf"(Pacque d'Loups)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The next FROM/SONY thing is supposed to be revealed during the sony conference, some internet guy who has leaked correct stuff in the past put out info about it but who knows how accurate it is

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The next FROM/SONY thing is supposed to be revealed during the sony conference, some internet guy who has leaked correct stuff in the past put out info about it but who knows how accurate it is

i would be very surprised at a bloodborne 2, but hell, ecstatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i would be very surprised at a bloodborne 2, but hell, ecstatic

Its definitely not going to be bloodborne 2. Supposedly its called PHANTOM WAIL and is a spiritual continuation of the souls formula in an ancient aztec/maya aesthetic with a focus on unarmed combat and fighting styles