Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

my thoughts exactly

i hope this one is LESS open world, still exploration to do but more focused missions, tough balance to strike i imagine but there are only so many outposts you can take over

i dig the theme though and the vibe so far but like i played farcry 3 already lol and dont really want to play it again

Collect 100 MAGA legionnaire foreskins to advance to the next level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

quote:

Tail of the Sun is a 3D action and role-playing video game developed by Artdink and released on the PlayStation.

The player's ultimate objective is to build a tower of MAGA HATS that reaches the sun. To this end, a large map full of various creatures and oddities must be traversed in an effort to locate and gather sufficient food for the tribe to thrive and multiply.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

CharlestonJew posted:

I think it's going to kick rear end, and will pleasantly surprise you.

Well, maybe you're right and it will kick rear end, and maybe old man eoraymel was just being a cynical rear end again :unsmith:

Oh yeah, I just thought of something: what about the inevitable day 1 dlc/season pass stuff for far cry 5? What extra poo poo could they cram in in this time in Montana? And something tells me the native wildlife isn't going to be much of a threat/interesting compared to 3 and 4, so what the hell could you even hunt besides deer (and men)?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

Actually most indie games trade in bland procedural generation these days.

It's kind of annoying because I really like procedural games and all the lovely me-too games are giving the whole thing a bad name.

I've bought every version of Binding of Isaac that's come out for a reason. That's how you do that poo poo right.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
when are they releasing Far Cry Fyre?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

a bone to pick posted:

when are they releasing Far Cry Fyre?

that's essentially far cry 3

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

that's essentially far cry 3

Oh poo poo you're right.

I guess I'll just have to wait for Far Cry: Ariana Grande concert

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so many people getting triggered by a dumb game lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The trailer makes it seem like I would enjoy playing this game like I enjoyed playing Far Cry 3 but who has time to play video games :shrug:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't know if someone said this already but I'm arguing for death of the author of the quoted post :grin:

heh

this game is gonna be good i think however the choice to make the enemy faction a persecuted religious minority that is also racially diverse it looks like is really deflating my dingus

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's kind of annoying because I really like procedural games and all the lovely me-too games are giving the whole thing a bad name.

I've bought every version of Binding of Isaac that's come out for a reason. That's how you do that poo poo right.

I keep seeing games that look fun and then get sad because they are procedural generation roguelikes

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Oh poo poo you're right.

I guess I'll just have to wait for Far Cry: Ariana Grande concert

thats assassin creed unity

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though, this is going to be the first time since the original Deus Ex that I'll be looking forward to an Ubisoft game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Seriously though, this is going to be the first time since the original Deus Ex that I'll be looking forward to an Ubisoft game

thats a heartbreaking loving truth there

jfc deus ex is the goat

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

too bad this game is coming out in february 2018, long after president pence solved racism

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im going to start a healthy dialogue about race with the gaming community

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Game looks good. Cant wait to throw bait into a religous prepper compound and watch a bear go nuts on 'em.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Bern them all and let God sort them out!

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

EorayMel posted:

Well, maybe you're right and it will kick rear end, and maybe old man eoraymel was just being a cynical rear end again :unsmith:

Oh yeah, I just thought of something: what about the inevitable day 1 dlc/season pass stuff for far cry 5? What extra poo poo could they cram in in this time in Montana? And something tells me the native wildlife isn't going to be much of a threat/interesting compared to 3 and 4, so what the hell could you even hunt besides deer (and men)?

You do know Montana has wolves and grizzly bears, elk, and moose that will all gently caress your poo poo up, right?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Since red dead 2 got delayed this will have to satisfy my lust to stab bears

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Harald posted:

so many people getting triggered by a dumb game lol
Is anyone actually bent out of shape about it? I've heard a lot of people anticipating controversy, but no actual controversy yet. Unless that one femfrequency tweet counts.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WatermelonGun posted:

Since red dead 2 got delayed this will have to satisfy my lust to stab bears

:negative:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Let us English posted:

You do know Montana has wolves and grizzly bears, elk, and moose that will all gently caress your poo poo up, right?

Don't forget buffalo, which enjoy killing people.

e: also cougars

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

turn off the TV posted:

Don't forget buffalo, which enjoy killing people.

e: also cougars

And badgers, bobcats, and wolverines will be in there too like Far Cry 4. Probably rattlesnakes as well.

Every summer brings a fresh crop of Facebook photos featuring east coast folks not showing wildlife in Glacier and Yellowstone proper respect. It never ends well.

Ohh, Clay Pots will probably be a biome as well. That'll be fun to fight in. They're also popular way for stupid tourists to die a horrific and painful death

Let us English fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 27, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Strudel Man posted:

Is anyone actually bent out of shape about it? I've heard a lot of people anticipating controversy, but no actual controversy yet. Unless that one femfrequency tweet counts.

Its mostly people jerking off about how many white Trump Supports/Redpills they are going to be killing.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

BexGu posted:

Its mostly people jerking off about how many white Trump Supports/Redpills they are going to be killing.
Oh, sure, but that's not getting triggered, that's just somewhat distasteful anticipation.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Oh, sure, but that's not getting triggered, that's just somewhat distasteful anticipation.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

BexGu posted:

Funny, nobody blinked an eye at the Call of Duty reveal.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
What was the reveal?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Strudel Man posted:

What was the reveal?

they revealed that Call of Duty sucks

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Spoiler that, please.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Far Cry 4 was okay, I guess. I really enjoyed Primal (sans the weird drug trip stuff).

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

BexGu posted:

NeoGaf's mad that they're a mixed race cult and not just white people.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Let us English posted:

Yeah, but NeoGaf literally breeds mental illness so :shrug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Let us English posted:

pretty much. they were jerking off over it for the last 2 days, but now that going the christian/cult isis route. its all "well i dont think it looks that creative" and "those last 3 games were racist" though its still surprisingly positive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Let us English posted:

Can't wait for Pannenkoek1488's video "Beating Far Cry 5 only shooting ½ a white person."

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

I was kinda bummed because Montana culture is crazy hosed up and I hoped to see some sick burns. Now it'll be jokes at the expense of out of state arrivals, which I grew up hearing constantly.

"drat coastal elites stealing our land" *votes said coastal elites into Congress*

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Seems like a buy at 20 bucks.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

The alt right is mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
more games need to take place in the way-out parts of america instead of new york / LA / etc.

• Locked thread