Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Have urban guerillas ever achieved a successful revolution?

France 1830, basically happened over 3 days in Paris alone and deposed Charles X

The rest of France basically got a memo saying "Charles is gone, Louis Philippe is king now" and everyone shrugged their shoulders and went along with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MikeCrotch posted:

France 1830, basically happened over 3 days in Paris alone and deposed Charles X

The rest of France basically got a memo saying "Charles is gone, Louis Philippe is king now" and everyone shrugged their shoulders and went along with it

Since we're in nitpick mode, I'd suggest that an Orleanist coup probably isn't the best fit for urban guerrilla staging a revolution. But then, he's hardly defined what would be, so what the hell.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*seizes the means of tax evasion and redistributes them to the people*

*goes bankrupt immediately*

Finally le proletariat will have the means to draw gay Mohammed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Since we're in nitpick mode, I'd suggest that an Orleanist coup probably isn't the best fit for urban guerrilla staging a revolution. But then, he's hardly defined what would be, so what the hell.

I explicitly defined it.

The Symbionese Liberation Army are closer to urban guerillas than the Orleanists.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the English did a good job of downplaying history's noted wet blanket, Oliver Cromwell

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Cromwell was basically what happened when you give an ik actual power

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a PSL open forum in San Fran today and I thought about going but on the other hand, I don't want to drive 200+ miles round trip to listen to what people in San Fran think

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
Plutonis...I have your back

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

sorry if i already posted this here https://twitter.com/UngodlyJedi/status/866911482486902784

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The BBC posted:

Brazilian President Michel Temer has revoked a decree that deployed troops in the capital, Brasilia, to defend government buildings against protests. The decree was made on Wednesday when the government said police could not contain anti-government demonstrations. However, the move was strongly criticised by city authorities and the opposition.
Protesters want the resignation of President Temer, fresh elections, and the withdrawal of economic reforms.

The decree was issued as an estimated 35,000 people marched in the capital on Wednesday. Demonstrations began peacefully but clashes with police then erupted. Protesters started a fire inside the ministry of agriculture and damaged several other ministerial buildings. Government workers were said to be "terrified", the defence ministry said, according to Brazil's Globo newspaper.
The decree, known as the law-and-order guarantee, is permitted under Brazil's constitution when police forces are overwhelmed. However, the government of Brasilia complained that it had not been consulted and that the measure was unnecessary. Criticism also came from the opposition and from some of his allies.

The order revoking the decree came late on Thursday, shortly after Federal Police director Leandro Coimbra announced that authorities had "found and executed the traitor Plutonis".

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't want to see my name typed by anyone in this thread

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Plutonis

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

puto-nis

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

There's a PSL open forum in San Fran today and I thought about going but on the other hand, I don't want to drive 200+ miles round trip to listen to what people in San Fran think

san fran is bad

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Please don't call it San Fran it identifies as either "SF" or "The City."

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I don't know what this means but i don't know if I should care

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I don't know what this means but i don't know if I should care

it's an anime reference

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

some1 make a gif of the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where Braxx jumps into the creatures mouth, except the creature is the democratic party, Braxx is the DSA, Quill is PSL, Gamora is SPUSA, Rocket is SA, and Baby Groot is single payer

tia

edit: also the bug that groot tries to eat is means testing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

Nobody except tech dorks who moved from Nebraska has ever called it that

Anyway San Fran identifies as a rich people neighborhood where the turd smell is desirable

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

I don't want to see my name typed by anyone in this thread

I'm not just anyone.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

"The City" is and has always been Torrance, CA but thanks for playing

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

san fran

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Sanfran

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sfran

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Sf'rn

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Sfn

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sassafras

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ia! Ia! Sn'Frisco Fthagn!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the yay area

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The part of the bay with the turd stench

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I was reading China Mieville's new book about the 1917 October revolution that he plugged on Czapo Tsrap Housz and it definitely, despite the apparent intention of the author, is helping me find new ways to be mad at liberals 100 years later. Also finished watching Fall Of Eagles w my S.O. and would love recommendations of similar* shows.

*Co-starring Patrick Stewart as Lenin

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its kind of cool how apparently ever since Napoleon died, the average liberal has literally never even attempted to do anything

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

e: too late for the trend :(

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

i have been waiting for the brazilians to protest that piece of poo poo president of theirs

hope it leads to his resignation soon

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/868286482636828672

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Larry Parrish posted:

Its kind of cool how apparently ever since Napoleon died, the average liberal has literally never even attempted to do anything

That's not true, they do their damnedest to prevent any sudden push left, no matter the cost.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the internationale, 2017: a nasally brooklynite chanting "actually, i'm not a democrat" over and over again for four minutes

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Still better than the Billy Bragg version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bryter posted: