Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Mimic breaks Architect for two credits. I think that's the best you can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What Killer breaks Architect the cheapest (other than Femme token)? I think in the world of asset spam, it might be time for Apex to start Apocalypsing everything, which means I need a way to deal with the one un-trashable ICE out there.

Derez it with Golden before you Apoc.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
if Apex ever has enough money to use Golden then I'd like to see that deck. Because that sounds like a fun deck.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kaethela posted:

Derez it with Golden before you Apoc.

wanna meet that dad AI

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shiv breaks it for free, once

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Brahman breaks for 1 but it's Brahman :(

Yog + Egret for 0 after the install costs

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If I was getting the Netrunner itch again how bad an idea is Palana and either chamelon Kate or some variety of anarch+breakers+money on jnet right now

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

If I was getting the Netrunner itch again how bad an idea is Palana and either chamelon Kate or some variety of anarch+breakers+money on jnet right now

Palana is in a good spot these days, there's a lot of HB asset spam going on, so Whizz is probably still the way to go.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

StashAugustine posted:

Palana is OK, but RP has made a surprising comeback too. The meta-deck du jour is ETF asset spam, enabled by Estelle Moon and FIHP.

Dunno about chameleon Kate but the PPVP shell out of her or Hayley is somewhat popular again and anarch/breakers/money is never not good. Play Whizzard. Watch out for Skorpios if you're using stuff like Inject.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 23, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any recommendations for Whizz lists then? Taking a look at this https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/42955/temwhiz-4th-place-rochester-regionals- but it seems to have a lot of tech cards

e: also is Snare worth running in Palana now that Faust isn't literally everywhere?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 23, 2017

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
RP is real good right now

but kill palana is ok too

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

StashAugustine posted:

Any recommendations for Whizz lists then? Taking a look at this https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/42955/temwhiz-4th-place-rochester-regionals- but it seems to have a lot of tech cards
All those tech choices look reasonable to me except Nerve Agent. Depends a lot on your local meta though.

Definitely keep Critic, Estrike and some RFG at least

Zephro fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 23, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Zephro posted:

All those tech choices look reasonable to me except Nerve Agent. Depends a lot on your local meta though.

Definitely keep Critic, Estrike and some RFG at least

I like Archives interface more than Salsette Slums FWIW, especially in a world that has Shock! and Space Camp (lol) running around. That it can hit Friends in High Places is just gravy.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

What crazy deck is using Space Camp?!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Since Colossus and Hortum have come out people are going in with Space Camp, Trick of Light and Anson Rose for FA and a decent ice package. Colossus in particular is real nice when advanced because it gets the strength buff as well as the subs, whereas Mausolus and Hortum don't cost any less to break.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Stupid Earth's Scion came out and now I just want to make a deck that combos Subliminal, Bioroid Work Crew, and Red Planet Couriers to FA a Government Takeover.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

Oh, right, Anson Rose isn't automatically blank anymore!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah the MWL for Rumor Mill has brought a lot of life into B-tier execs and assets. You can get a lot of value out of Anson if you're willing to wait. Andre on the Metropole Grid has done a few videos with him out of Titan if you wanna check it out.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The Deleter posted:

decent ice package

new username here I come

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Isn't the easiest way to FA a Takeover to have a huge Ice Wall, Biotic and Couriers?

edit: also why isn't Red Planet Couriers called Planet Express? Talk about a missed opportunity

Zephro fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 24, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zephro posted:

edit: also why isn't Red Planet Couriers called Planet Express? Talk about a missed opportunity

because Planet Express was on Earth not Mars

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Machai posted:

because Planet Express was on Earth not Mars

No buggalos so far in Mars set. :mad:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I flatlined a 3x Apoc Kate (They managed to succesfully Apoc twice!) last night with a Self Destruct. It was brilliant.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Welp, I'm going to Regionals this Saturday. Do I pack my own runner or should I expect all the HB asset spam and go Whiz/Slums/Archives/Hacktivist/Maw?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hacktivist is ridiculously strong right now. If you aren't running a playset, you're wrong

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know if I can justify the slots to run all 3, but I have room for 2.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

I don't know if I can justify the slots to run all 3, but I have room for 2.

When you want to see it, you definitely want to see it turn 1. It's so gross against the asset spam decks because the good draw of Sensie's to recover is gone, so it just takes over the game and forces them to score without getting all their asset bullshit set up. Given that it costs 2 influence instead of 6 (0 in-faction), it's a fair tradeoff for Rumor Mill's raw power vs glacier. Hacktivist + Maw just makes HQ a completely unsafe place to store cards you'd like to have access to.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well here's the list, what can go in favor of a third Hacktivist?

Also, how does Maw interact with Slums? Slums has been ruled to not be trashing the card (e.g. no Hostile Infrastructure damage) so does Slumming an asset trigger Maw?

Friendship Ended

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (16)
2x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Hacktivist Meeting (Breaker Bay)
3x I've Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (3)
1x Archives Interface (Order and Chaos)
2x Maw (Daedalus Complex)

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
1x Ice Carver (Core Set)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Salsette Slums (Salsette Island)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money) ★★★●●●●● ●

Icebreaker (6)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x MKUltra (Martial Law)
2x Paperclip (Blood Money)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set) ★★

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set) ★★★
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Daedalus Complex

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If you RFG with slums, you don't activate the 'didn't trash' clause of Maw, because you choose to trash the card.

Access card》Choose to trash (this is what Maw cares about, you must select no to trigger)》Trash the card if yes(this is what gets replaced with RFG)》 finish accessing card.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 25, 2017

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

berenzen posted:

If you RFG with slums, you still activate the 'trash' clause of Maw.

Access card》Choose to trash (this is what Maw cares about)》Trash the card (this is what gets replaced with RFG)》 finish accessing card.

Ufaq seems to differ on that

If the Runner uses Salsette Slums to remove a trashed card from the game, does Maw trigger?

No, Maw does not trigger. In order to use Salsette Slums, the Runner must trash the accessed card.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sorry, yeah, that's right. I hosed up the wording of the argument. By choosing to trash, you fail to trigger new.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 25, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

sonatinas posted:

Ufaq seems to differ on that

If the Runner uses Salsette Slums to remove a trashed card from the game, does Maw trigger?

No, Maw does not trigger. In order to use Salsette Slums, the Runner must trash the accessed card.

So did this reverse the previous ruling with regard to Slums and Hostile Infrastructure?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

So did this reverse the previous ruling with regard to Slums and Hostile Infrastructure?

Apparently "choosing to trash" and actually going through with the trashing are different things, because FFG is allergic to hiring a technical writer to actually read their cards.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

Slums still eats up CTM, so I think Hostile still works the same way it always did. The explanation (I think) is that CTM/Hostile and Maw check to see if something got trashed at different points in time, so they behave differently. The real answer is that the ANR rules are a mess and it's basically impossible to make the lovely templating plus Lukas's and Damon's rulings hold together in a consistent fashion.

Edit: at this point, the only reasonable approach to the ANR rules is to assume every interaction will determined by fiat on an ad hoc basis and don't bother trying to figure out how anything works yourself.

Edit2: the new FAQ seems to be a step in the right direction tho so maybe there's hope.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 25, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So it's like 13 hours before SoCal Regional and I am having second thoughts about even going. I have that barely-tested Whizzard deck since I expect all of the asset spam (and even if Timmy Wong doesn't show since he won NorCal, the rest of that King of Servers team is probably going to show up with some version of Mooninites), and I have my RP Prison deck that, hey, as long as everyone is teching against Mooninites they'll be teched against RP Prison automatically!

Maybe I should just say gently caress it and wait for L5R to come out.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Just played a big game of Magic with some borrowed deck and goddamn did it remind me how much of a better game Netrunner is. Lots of durdling, much lower interaction, decks that largely play themselves, hugely increased complexity for no real gains in gameplay.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

CirclMastr posted:

So it's like 13 hours before SoCal Regional and I am having second thoughts about even going. I have that barely-tested Whizzard deck since I expect all of the asset spam (and even if Timmy Wong doesn't show since he won NorCal, the rest of that King of Servers team is probably going to show up with some version of Mooninites), and I have my RP Prison deck that, hey, as long as everyone is teching against Mooninites they'll be teched against RP Prison automatically!

Maybe I should just say gently caress it and wait for L5R to come out.
Just go and have fun. If you're really worried bring a netdecked 24/7 Boom or CI or something.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So hey I've got the core, some old data packs and absolutely no desire to get back on the expansion treadmill again. I heard Netrunner drafts are a thing, how do I turn this mess into a cube and go about drafting it?

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Siivola posted:

So hey I've got the core, some old data packs and absolutely no desire to get back on the expansion treadmill again. I heard Netrunner drafts are a thing, how do I turn this mess into a cube and go about drafting it?

Typically, the way people draft netrunner is to give each player (or require they show up with) a fixed "starter" with 15 points of 5/3 agendas, 1-2 pieces of econ for each side, and some (usually super crappy) breakers, then draft 40-45 cards in some fashion (4 packs of 10 for each side in alternating directions is the most common). You build decks using draft IDs (I've always just used the blank FFG ones, but you can think up your own of course--just note the minimum deck size of 30 and infinite influence), and play games to 6 points. Also, playing with a starter isn't strictly necessary -- you can just have people draft an extra 10-15 cards and give them no starter, although that allows people to screw themselves by not drafting legal decks or ways to break some ice, and I think giving people a starter with stuff like Force of Nature and Aurora and crap 5/3s makes the draft and deck construction a lot more interesting.

In terms of what to put into your cube, there are some articles on stimhack which talk about how to design a cube and give lists the authors came up with. One guy has a catalogue of lists going back to Double Time as well, which are reasonable places to start.

fomo sacer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I went through the box and realized I don't even have a full cycle of anything, just some random data packs across the first two cycles. :sigh:

• Locked thread