Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm honestly kind of steamed about the beard wig.

Thinking back it doesn't make sense that the flashbacks all happened as season=year. Probably he spent a few months at most on the island, then another few months in Hong Kong, a week(?) back on for season 4s magic mumbo jumbo, then four or so years in Russia.

Makes sense that then Oliver actually learns the language fluently and integrates into the Bratva over a few years instead of just one. Just speed up the hair/beard growth over the course of the seasons flashbacks to illustrate the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Holy poo poo that was a great finale. Slade pretending to be a turncoat multiple times was a bit silly (seemed more realising the first time since they'd been jumped). Malcolm's "death" was great, but yeah it's easily undone if they do want to bring Barrowman back. The set up at the end was brilliant with Ollie having to CHOOSE.

I reckon Slade will have died, but everyone else will have survived. Given that Rene, Curtis and Dinah are regulars next season, they said they won't kill Thea, doubt they will kill Felicity or Lance. Isn't Black Siren supposed to be in next season too? It'll be interesting if William sticks around. Maybe his mother will be killed? I think that would be a bit harsh.

Oh I loved the whole scene with Moira. She was a great character and I always love seeing her back.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I really hope that someone thinks to just swim 100 yds off shore until the explosions go off.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Uh did the full Ninja Warrior video get posted? Because holy poo poo.

https://youtu.be/WCzInz6i3jI

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Someone posted a link from Facebook. The full episode is on Hulu now too.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Yeah, it's honestly worth watching the whole thing because it's just a lot of fun, especially when the celebrities just start messing around and cheating, like Mena Suvari did. Erika Christensen was the biggest surprise, though. I'm really hoping Stephen tries to do the real deal once Arrow is over because I think he'd honestly be pretty good at it with enough training.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

His wife is bonkers hot.

What scale are you using to measure this?

metric... the superior scale.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Barrowman confirmed via Instagram that Merlyn is dead and gone for good. He's out of the Arrowverse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They already brought one villain back with a time machine!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Scyantific posted:

Barrowman confirmed via Instagram that Merlyn is dead and gone for good. He's out of the Arrowverse.

Tommy Merlyn :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is Amell the guy who makes it a personal challenge to see how much he can do instead of the stuntmen, or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Is Amell the guy who makes it a personal challenge to see how much he can do instead of the stuntmen, or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Sounds like him. I remember him being annoyed that the stunt coordinator wouldn't let him do more of his stunts in season 1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Malcom and Digger are probably dead. Digger probably because Suicide Squad and he was kind of weak anyway. Malcolm largely played out his usefulness, I think, and it was sort of a fitting goodbye. But of course they could bring him back if they want and no one would blink.

Of course no one in the world thinks they murdered the rest of the cast in one moment, but I assume the cliffhanger is meant to get us speculating and obsessing about who didn't survive. I'm not buying into it after that drawn out gravestone tease last season. They'll probably go all "Lost hatch" on it and take like 3 episodes to reveal who survived next season and drive me crazy. I'm not giving them any extra.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I agree which the person that said it's painfully obvious that it's not Manu in the costume when the mask is on

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

I agree which the person that said it's painfully obvious that it's not Manu in the costume when the mask is on

He probably had to get back to Oz to film more of that really terrible fantasy show he's on.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He needs his beer money, life ain't cheap here.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Funny how both The 100 and Arrow had a season finale which leaves the fate of everyone outside the main lead open. Contract negotiations at the CW this year must be quite interesting.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They should just can shannara and make him a regular on Arrow or Legends. I'd love to see him coping with the incompetence of his shipmates on the wave rider and broing out with Mick.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I dislike the cliffhanger but they also spent this entire season regaining trust with their audience. Evelyn's definitely dead, and Malcolm is dead until the show runs long enough that in season twelve he can be a surprise twist.

Out of the main cast of heroes, there's no way in hell anyone just gets blown up. If someone goes out, the show will at least make sure they give them an epic and fitting end where they save others - like Tommy way back when.

Then again they also killed Laurel for literally no reason and did it in the most disrespectful way possible so.... I dunno. I still despise how Laurel died because she was Quentin's daughter, and not that she kicked literal rear end as a lawyer and as a vigilante.

But I trust them, I think.

I mean goddamn, they delivered on the promise of Russian flashbacks.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I like that the finale was an excuse for a mini Spartacus reunion.
I don't watch Flash much anymore; Is Spartacus the weather wizard dead now there, or they didn't want to make it too obvious?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

He's in prison I believe.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Best option is for Flash to be canceled because Barry went away, and the Flash science team comes over to Arrow to replace everyone who got blown up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Lord Bude posted:

They should just can shannara and make him a regular on Arrow or Legends. I'd love to see him coping with the incompetence of his shipmates on the wave rider and broing out with Mick.

For what is worth, the internet is really wanting a Slade spinoff now. And Manu certainly seem open to the idea.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, the internet is really wanting a Slade spinoff now. And Manu certainly seem open to the idea.

As long as he can bring Ashur, Mira, and Spartacus along as another band of antiheroes.

What I'm saying is that mini Spartacus reunion really hosed with my head and I need them to do more together.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
That would be so great. Get Peter Mensah back and whoever played Gannicus and literally just have a new Spartacus alumni supervillain show. I'd definitely watch it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Pfft, 'Task Force Rome', let's call it like it is. We're a drat Spartacus Squad."

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Sir Potato posted:

That would be so great. Get Peter Mensah back and whoever played Gannicus and literally just have a new Spartacus alumni supervillain show. I'd definitely watch it.

Also, the "tech support from home base" or non-ops leader character would have to be John Hannah

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Oh man, the concrete trap in S05E21 is so stupidly done. "Oh, concrete is pouring in from a hole in the wall at shoulder height. We only have minutes to live!" Yeah, you realise this could never fill the room higher than the lower edge of the hole and there are about 2 meters of space left above it?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait, was Manu Bennet the replacement Spartacus? I think I need to watch that show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he was Crixus. He's there from the beginning.

Weather Wizard was Spartacus.

Decius posted:

Oh man, the concrete trap in S05E21 is so stupidly done. "Oh, concrete is pouring in from a hole in the wall at shoulder height. We only have minutes to live!" Yeah, you realise this could never fill the room higher than the lower edge of the hole and there are about 2 meters of space left above it?

Well it did end up being only a distraction.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 28, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's one of the cast, but he's not Spartacus.

That level of handsomeness is reserved for the mighty Andy Whitfield (rip) and Liam McIntyre.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

No, he was Crixus. He's there from the beginning.

Weather Wizard was Spartacus.

Well it did end up being only a distraction.

Yes, but that's the point. There was no urgency to pull Black Canary and Mr. Terrific away or panic, because even Oliver Queen should realise this trap doesn't work, even in comic book logic world where Green Arrow apparently spends hours to drape costumes over mannequins for a big "team back together" reveal and Mr Terrific make his afro into cornrows inside of seconds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or the concrete was just being pumped in with something powered, and not gravity.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Rocksicles posted:

He's one of the cast, but he's not Spartacus.

That level of handsomeness is reserved for the mighty Andy Whitfield (rip) and Liam McIntyre.

Stephen Amell almost got that part instead of Liam. How strange that world would seem.

As far as handsomeness, let us not forget Gannicus!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

Or the concrete was just being pumped in with something powered, and not gravity.

Even then it wouldn't be able to fill it up. And it was gravity anyways with the tiny amounts coming down.

Binge watching the series isn't good anyways​, because it drives home how much it relies on the same tricks again and again. Smoke bomb disappearance for the 8th time in about as many episodes, Chase kidnapping someone Oliver cares about four or five times in a row, Chase's "right in my trap" gloating every single episode, someone (Oliver/Felicity/Diggle) doing the same thing they chastised someone else for a episode ago (lie/ally with someone/want to kill/don't kill someone) really gets old, as fun as this season has been. Maybe I got CW-superhero-forced-drama-through-stupidity-oversaturation.

Also Slade's body double looks hilariously tiny in the suit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I unno, I binged watched this season and it's improvement in quality was kind of there from step one.

But then again I liked most of Flash when I binged it too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Decius posted:

Not true depending where it's being pumped in from.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Yeah, I'd entirely disagree about binge-watching the show making not being good because I binge-watched all of S2 in two days and I don't know if I could handle every single one of those episode ending cliffhangers each week. I also imagine that the pacing of S3 and S4 are improved when you don't have to wait weeks to find out what those 30 seconds of flashbacks had to do with anything.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

kater posted:

I unno, I binged watched this season and it's improvement in quality was kind of there from step one.

But then again I liked most of Flash when I binged it too.

It very much is, but that's because S3 and S4 were really bad for the most part. It's also far better than this season of Flash. It's far from flawless however, even if it is a very fun season overall, it made me roll my eyes quite a lot, especially when they pulled out some tired drama bullshit that has been used for every single season for the xth time and always relying on exactly the same narrative tools again and again and again (we now have the third alcoholic with a "ruins his family structure" on the team. Fifth if you count addictive substances in general). More hammy performances, more absurd premises, less of such groanworthy stuff like the incredibly toothless "just let's not take a real position, here is a magical solution" Very Special Episode. Be more like LoT in other words.

Decius fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sir Potato posted:

Yeah, I'd entirely disagree about binge-watching the show making not being good because I binge-watched all of S2 in two days and I don't know if I could handle every single one of those episode ending cliffhangers each week. I also imagine that the pacing of S3 and S4 are improved when you don't have to wait weeks to find out what those 30 seconds of flashbacks had to do with anything.

It was pretty torturous watching Season 2 back in the day

• Locked thread