Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Narset Transcendent is good in her home, but her home is a deck that is, like, 50% noncreature, nonland cards, which are fantastically rare.

It's pretty much Commander lists and Vintage Monastery Mentor-based contraptions.

I was doing a joke about mcmagic, tbh I thought she would play a little better but just no room in a lot of lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Narset Transcendent is good in her home, but her home is a deck that is, like, 50% noncreature, nonland cards, which are fantastically rare.

It's pretty much Commander lists and Vintage Monastery Mentor-based contraptions.

A couple people are trying to make UW/Esper control lists in Modern with Narset, they sound cool but I haven't touched the game in a couple months so I don't know how good they actually are.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Soul Glo posted:

Basically what I'm saying is invite Phil Hellmuth to PT Hour of Devastation

I'd watch every second of this

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sit on my Facebook posted:

I'd watch every second of this

He'd prob eat a DQ-Unsportsmanlike during the first draft pod.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Soul Glo posted:

Basically what I'm saying is invite Phil Hellmuth to PT Hour of Devastation

Please, someone create a change.org petition for this

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

C-Euro posted:

A couple people are trying to make UW/Esper control lists in Modern with Narset, they sound cool but I haven't touched the game in a couple months so I don't know how good they actually are.

Rebound Esper charm is pretty baller.

I'm trying to build an Esper As Foretold deck that lets me Esper Charm people for free. :unsmigghh:

Edit:

PenguinKnight posted:

i wish those were tournament legal. i could just paint eyes on them, but it just isn't the same! :qq:

I plan on googly-eyeing my EDH commanders. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 26, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The david leavitt train hasn't stopped. The dude gets pure vitriol tweeted his way every few minutes even days after the incident. His address, phone number, and pretty much all his personal information has been posted. His dreams of being a famous media person have come true in the worst way. Dude is hosed. If you are going to troll on social media about tragedies, better do it anonymously.

On more pleasant news, who else is stoked for some modern this weekend. Vegas is less than a month away as well and I am loving stoked. :allears:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why can't we just mock a dummy for being dumb without having to go into doxxing them, the heck

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Finally getting to experience amonkhet limited for the first time. Drafted a solid rg deck with samut and rhonas, got crushed by on curve glorybringer both games r1 while I stumbled on mana. I now understand all of the complaints, because I don't feel like I played a match of magic, but I have to stand around for 45 mins now and I have a loss on my record.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Sickening posted:

On more pleasant news, who else is stoked for some modern this weekend. Vegas is less than a month away as well and I am loving stoked. :allears:

Goonmeet in Vegas? I've never been before and I'd rather not spend literally the whole time in a convention hall.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Sickening posted:

Not going to the GP but I've finally got more free time to play again and I know modern PPTQ season is starting soon so I bought the few pieces I needed for Jund Death's Shadow. I'm doing the build that splashes blue for Stubborn Denial and Snapcaster. Seems pretty spicy.

e:

One thing I'm wondering is what the point of running only one Tarfire is? If you want a Tribal in your graveyard for your Goyfs and Delirium wouldn't you want more than just one? I know it's not a good card but it seems like if it's so bad that you only want one so you can sometimes get the extra type, you might as well not run it. The deck isn't running any enchantments so it doesn't seem like it's trying to consistently get 8/9 Goyfs.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 27, 2017

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
How many other UKGoons are going? A goonmeet would be pretty sweet.

Still pretty torn on deck ideas between Mardu Mentor, Ponza and RW Prison. The first I have on paper, the second I have online and the expensive bits. Prison also seems cool but less fun than T2 Mwonvuli Acid-Moss.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

Not going to the GP but I've finally got more free time to play again and I know modern PPTQ season is starting soon so I bought the few pieces I needed for Jund Death's Shadow. I'm doing the build that splashes blue for Stubborn Denial and Snapcaster. Seems pretty spicy.

e:

One thing I'm wondering is what the point of running only one Tarfire is? If you want a Tribal in your graveyard for your Goyfs and Delirium wouldn't you want more than just one? I know it's not a good card but it seems like if it's so bad that you only want one so you can sometimes get the extra type, you might as well not run it. The deck isn't running any enchantments so it doesn't seem like it's trying to consistently get 8/9 Goyfs.

There is one because the single copy just does so much. There is arguments for running more since company tokens is a thing. Tarfire basically turns on delirium every time its cast.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

mandatory lesbian posted:

why can't we just mock a dummy for being dumb without having to go into doxxing them, the heck

:agreed:

he did something real dumb but a tasteless joke shouldn't ruin your life.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

We live in a super connected era where you can make a bad joke on twitter and lose your job and be socially exiled before your plane lands and you can explain yourself.

Social justice is the kind of justice everyone can't wait to get behind (for all the wrong reasons).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A (very) public person making a horrible joke about a horrible tragedy in the immediate aftermath of said tragedy deserves pretty much everything they get. It's not like he wouldn't have known exactly what was going to happen to him if he took 30 seconds to stop and think about the consequences before hitting the post button. If you post something on the internet with your name attached to it, every single person you know has the potential of seeing that post. If you don't like that, don't post it. It's a pretty simple concept. :shrug:

That's why anonymity exists, and why attaching your real life identity to a stream-of-consciousness-word-vomit on the internet is really dumb.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mikujin posted:

We live in a super connected era where you can make a bad joke on twitter and lose your job and be socially exiled before your plane lands and you can explain yourself.

Social justice is the kind of justice everyone can't wait to get behind (for all the wrong reasons).

you do realize the guy deserved mockery right, like its not evil sjws or whatever bullshit this is

i just don't think his address and poo poo should have been posted is all, thats a bit much. losing his job tho, i could care less, what company wants to be associated with garbage

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You should probably never have your life ruined for making a joke, regardless of how tasteless it is.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

fadam posted:

You should probably never have your life ruined for making a joke, regardless of how tasteless it is.

:agreed:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Not making shitawful jokes is a lot easier imo

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

mandatory lesbian posted:

you do realize the guy deserved mockery right, like its not evil sjws or whatever bullshit this is

i just don't think his address and poo poo should have been posted is all, thats a bit much. losing his job tho, i could care less, what company wants to be associated with garbage

I wasn't talking about this guy. I have no idea if he lost his job or whatever.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Sickening posted:

The david leavitt train hasn't stopped. The dude gets pure vitriol tweeted his way every few minutes even days after the incident. His address, phone number, and pretty much all his personal information has been posted. His dreams of being a famous media person have come true in the worst way. Dude is hosed. If you are going to troll on social media about tragedies, better do it anonymously.

I think we can all agree that David Leavitt is literally ten times worse than the guy who did the actual bombing.

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with the internet sometimes? Jesus....

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
it's probably not the place for it, but it's a very easy way to dogpile on something that makes you seem like a "good person", thus earning you easy social capital. I am automatically a better person by flaming Leavitt by parroting (or taking things to unnecessary extremes) what others are doing.

dumb human nature + widespread nature of the internet

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Mikujin posted:

It would probably help if everybody stopped acting like this constitutes social justice in any proper sense of the term (yes, I realize that there are some people who will shield themselves with the 'social justice' label in the course of getting their internet dogpile on-- point is, don't legitimize it.)

Dude rightfully has a much harder time trying to get employed at any sort of visible position now, but IMO it's not really justice if he's still hosed over ten or twenty years from now because he made a dumb tweet, the way some people seem to be gloating over. Social justice is good but, much like criminal justice, should be chiefly focused on rehabilitation and helping onetime offenders make good as members of society :)

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

JerryLee posted:

It would probably help if everybody stopped acting like this constitutes social justice in any proper sense of the term (yes, I realize that there are some people who will shield themselves with the 'social justice' label in the course of getting their internet dogpile on-- point is, don't legitimize it.)

Dude rightfully has a much harder time trying to get employed at any sort of visible position now, but IMO it's not really justice if he's still hosed over ten or twenty years from now because he made a dumb tweet, the way some people seem to be gloating over. Social justice is good but, much like criminal justice, should be chiefly focused on rehabilitation and helping onetime offenders make good as members of society :)

Having lived in the US for a few years now I can safely assume that 'pop' social justice is the only kind that carries any weight. Real problems don't matter unless they get you social media hits or you can object to them with the masses.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Mikujin posted:

Having lived in the US for a few years now I can safely assume that 'pop' social justice is the only kind that carries any weight.

:allears:

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It probably would have helped if his response to the criticism on the tweet was to delete it as soon as possible and either shut up entirely for a while or post an apology rather than leave it up for hours while posting follow-up jokes revelling in the attention and doubling down.

That being said it's pretty lovely albeit sadly completely unsurprising that people posted his RL contact details and such.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Hahah, this As Foretold deck is dumb as poo poo.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What the.... the magic thread is on topic? Something about a skeleton war?!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

What the.... the magic thread is on topic? Something about a skeleton war?!

https://twitter.com/drilmagic/status/858164224358526976

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Counterfeits on camera at gp copen.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

Makes you think.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

What card was a fake and how did they find out?

BTW, isn't there an SCG Open today? They're showing last weeks team event

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 27, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Thing I learned today.

Dredge plays Insolate Neonate?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Count Bleck posted:

Thing I learned today.

Dredge plays Insolate Neonate?

Oh, yeah. It is way better than it looks at first glace. Primarily because Dredge is the only deck where it is not actual card disadvantage. Being able to trigger a dredge turn one is pretty gas.

Edit: Also, I'm sad I apparently missed an As Foretold deck. That poo poo is my jam!

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

What card was a fake and how did they find out?

BTW, isn't there an SCG Open today? They're showing last weeks team event

There is an SCG Open today but coverage won't be ready until the second round.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

Did someone get DQ'd?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Entropic posted:

Did someone get DQ'd?

Lol no. The jund death shadow player probably had a proxy for about every money card in the deck.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

How bad were the proxies that you could tell on camera under several layers of plastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Devoted Druid + Vizier of Remedies turn 3 win, lol