Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DeMarco says that the network was pleased with how Samurai Jack performed, and depending on how FLCL performs, the door might be open to more original Toonami programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm assuming someone asked about Sand Whale and Me to which DeMarco began to quietly sob

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not yet. They also said that they'd be opening to pursue some older anime now that a bunch are being remastered for blu-ray.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm assuming someone asked about Sand Whale and Me to which DeMarco began to quietly sob

I'm not convinced that wasn't just a collective five minute hallucination.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently the episode count of Samurai Jack was Genndy's decision, which is baffling.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've said that the reason that Toonami was cancelled originally was due to some in-station politics and stuff that have never been made public and not because of Naruto or TOM 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aw, the Lupin episode is panel only and not on the livestream.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Waffleman_ posted:

They've said that the reason that Toonami was cancelled originally was due to some in-station politics and stuff that have never been made public and not because of Naruto or TOM 4.

Didn't we already figure that? That stupidity with the Boston "Bomb" Scare happened, the head Cartoon Network dude stepped down in response, and the guy who replaced him felt the need to clean house and also thought animation was for dumbs and started that whole "CN Real" business?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, but it came up a couple times so they kinda repeated that.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
To this day I still feel some kind of relief from the utter failure of CN Real

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Dangerous Person posted:

To this day I still feel some kind of relief from the utter failure of CN Real

as far as inconceivably stupid business decisions go, CN Real has to be up there with Playboy saying they were no longer doing nude photos

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Maybe they actually believed all of the people saying they only read it for the articles

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
re: CN Real

I legit have no memory of this. :psyduck:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How can you not remember such great CN real shows such as:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Polygynous posted:

They tried putting on a bunch of live-action game shows (build, destroy, and hole in the wall come to mind) and there was a live-action show that had cartoon characters in the real world, like Roger Rabbit, only...it was poo poo. (This might have actually been before CN Real was a thing, but the point still stands)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ToonamiNews/status/868315845633691649

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tweet's already gone, what did it say?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

DeMarco says that the network was pleased with how Samurai Jack performed, and depending on how FLCL performs, the door might be open to more original Toonami programming.

Oh god, please let them bring back the Thundercats remake while they're at it. I know it's a longshot, but ungggghhhhhh. :pray:

drat, can't believe it's been back this long.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dangerous Person posted:

Tweet's already gone, what did it say?

As of some time today Eastern time, Toonami has been back for 5 years today.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

scuttlebutt i'm hearing is that a few extra questions were asked and answered post-livesteam, the most pertinent being:

- Jack is being rerun in the 2300-2330 slot starting June 3rd
    - "Can't comment" on the status of FLCL2
    - "Can't comment" on what's gonna replace Titan
    - "Can't legally comment" on what's gonna replace GitS in the rerun slot
    - Possible intel leak about a TIE for 2017 at Comicon

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Polygynous posted:

I have the vaguest of memories of this. I want to say it was before Adventure Time had made a huge splash and suddenly animation became an "in" thing again, so it would've been around the same time Disney was scrapping their animation studies and such, but these could all be hosed up timelines in my head.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

fit em all up in there posted:

How can you not remember such great CN real shows such as:

I remember Tower Prep (I think that's what it was called) because it lost in the ratings to Antiques Roadshow reruns.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Julias posted:

They tried putting on a bunch of live-action game shows (build, destroy, and hole in the wall come to mind) and there was a live-action show that had cartoon characters in the real world, like Roger Rabbit, only...it was poo poo. (This might have actually been before CN Real was a thing, but the point still stands)

Even "better", that show was about a kid who got a partial brain transplant from the cryogenically frozen head of not!Walt Disney and started hallucinating the not!Disney cartoon characters.

It was bad, and I wish I didn't remember as much as I did.

Probably Magic posted:

I have the vaguest of memories of this. I want to say it was before Adventure Time had made a huge splash and suddenly animation became an "in" thing again, so it would've been around the same time Disney was scrapping their animation studies and such, but these could all be hosed up timelines in my head.

Adventure Time and the stuff it premiered with where what they put up in the aftermath of the Real trashfire, yeah. They got really lucky that stuff actually turned out to be decently popular.

I will always laugh at the memory of that Survivorman kids' contest show that got pulled cause the kids couldn't handle survival situations without endangering themselves.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Julias posted:

That was Inside Jimmy's Head, which in my mind is remembered for having the funniest crude insulting nickname, Out of Jimmy's rear end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Unlimited Blade Works: Upon learning Gilgamesh's name, Rin and Shirou are forced to leave the Einzbern castle. As they bury Illya's body, Rin once again confronts Shirou about his selflessness, claiming that if he isn't living for himself even a bit, he's not a human being. Shirou is still committed to his ideals. As they strategize, with Caster still being a priority, Lancer approaches and offers his services, which they accept reluctantly. Archer learns that Kuzuki's wish is for Caster to return to her original time, and he confronts our heroes as they come to the church. Lancer takes Archer on while Rin and Shirou move on ahead. Rin tells Shirou that the jewel she used to save Shirou's life was one of a kind and Archer had already returned the jewel to her. Shirou and Rin confront Caster and Kuzuki. Lancer attempts to use his Noble Phantasm against Archer, but is blocked. Archer reveals that he had staged his betrayal to get the drop on Caster, to which Lancer replies "gently caress you" and leaves." During the fight inside the church, Caster is impaled by several swords thrown by a suddenly appearing Archer trying to protect Kuzuki, and as she dies, she tells him that she had already had her wish granted. Kuzuki tries to attack Archer, but is impaled and crushed by a pillar. As Shirou attends to Saber, Archer traps Rin in a cage of swords and declares his intention as a "Guardian" to kill Shirou.

Don't forget our special presentation of One Piece Gold tonight!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And in case you missed it last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVcGsChmg6k

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I watched all of Mob Psycho 100 this week and now I think I dislike Ghoul a bit more if that's possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

We're here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Justin_Brett posted:

I watched all of Mob Psycho 100 this week and now I think I dislike Ghoul a bit more if that's possible.

TG has nothing to do with that. There are some rights issues or something holding Mob back.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I only just realized they're doing the Jack marathon all night tonight. Can you believe the thing I'm most disappointed in not seeing is Tokyo Ghoul?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'll be doing DIrttube after Waffles done, I'll post here again when that time comes

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy motherfucking goddamn do i love this loving scene

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Argus Zant posted:

holy motherfucking goddamn do i love this loving scene

:same:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Damnit, TOM, don't review Breath of the Wild before I've had a chance to play it. :mad:

:smith:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Spoiler for Breath of the Wild: Link kills Ganon, everything works out

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dangerous Person posted:

Spoiler for Breath of the Wild: Link kills Ganon, everything works out

how dare you sir

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Momomo posted:

I only just realized they're doing the Jack marathon all night tonight. Can you believe the thing I'm most disappointed in not seeing is Tokyo Ghoul?

I, too, was looking forward to complaining about it tonight. Though, to be honest, I barely remember anything about Season 1 after this point aside from the ending and a little of the next episode.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt

Let's watch some anime boxing

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Why do you people continue to watch tv shows that you don't like every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist