Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
Ive gotten to #2 like a dozen times now, im the king of second place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

KoB posted:

Ive gotten to #2 like a dozen times now, im the king of second place.

Ur doing better than me homie. Last 5 games, 6th place. Always a chubby bridesmaid near the edge of the ceremony and never a bride.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got some cool motorbike gameplay

https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiSpeedyVelociraptorSmoocherZ

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Picked the game up a couple of days ago and while rough around the edges it's really fun. Picked up a pair of solo chicken dinners -

- and the game immediately after the last one I had am amazing indoors firefight and then ran myself over with my own car in the middle of nowhere at ~25. Game is awesome.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f17AviwF2I

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Great physics all around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeE2qoczgk

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I made a second account so I could do bike stunts. Ended up never finding a bike so I just went ahead and won my first solo on that account, oops. Matchmaking is a lottttt easier when you're not in the top 1000 now, because there's 2 million trash players to get ahead of first.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://streamable.com/5a5yo

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wonder what percentage of players have ever won a game? In 178 games I have achieved 2 solo, 1 duo and 5 squad wins. I assume most average players are around the same. It's also interesting to see that almost everyone in the top 10 of the worldwide leaderboards is a European player.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cooool
Cool cool cool.

I was in the top 10, hopped on a bike and headed towards the new area.
Went over a tiny hill, glitched out, went upside down and then died from falling.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gunder posted:

I wonder what percentage of players have ever won a game? In 178 games I have achieved 2 solo, 1 duo and 5 squad wins. I assume most average players are around the same. It's also interesting to see that almost everyone in the top 10 of the worldwide leaderboards is a European player.

I'm willing to bet there's no proper matchmaking so the winning distribution follows the 80/20 rule and a fair amount of people have never won a game.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 27, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Elentor posted:

I'm willing to bet there's no proper matchmaking so the winning distribution follows the 80/20 rule and a fair amount of people have never won a game.

There is, as it turns out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they put flashes back in and im getting crashes again, yay not sure if they're related or what

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

JoshOG's X Games stream was pretty great:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorSlipperyHamsterPicoMause

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I wish they'd take flashbangs out permanently, almost nobody uses them for anything besides crashing the game and they're taking up loot spawns that could be popping poo poo people actually care about.

Also servers are grumpy tonight, first time I've seen blue circle fuckery. It'd constrict down to the white and then it'd be a good 2-3 minutes before it started the next countdown. I got trapped behind one and didn't take any damage at all.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a way to swap the tap/hold RMB aiming settings? So many times I get into a firefight and instinctively hold RMB cause every other shooter I've played has that, and I just get the lovely 3rd person aiming and lose.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is there a decent tutorial for this game? Everything was pretty intuitive till I found a weapon drop and had no loving idea what was happening in that menu that popped up.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Texibus posted:

Is there a decent tutorial for this game? Everything was pretty intuitive till I found a weapon drop and had no loving idea what was happening in that menu that popped up.

Not entirely sure what exactly you're having trouble with but:

Tab opens inventory. Stuff on the ground close enough for you to grab will be on the left. Your items will be in the center. Your clothing/armor/weapons will be on the right. You can drag things from the ground into your inventory. Guns you have to drag straight to the weapon slots on the right. Weapon mods you can drag directly to the guns or to your inventory. Clothing/body armor/helmets/backpacks you drag onto their respective slots on the right.

You can also press F on items on the ground to pick them up. For now, it's generally faster to tab and drag. It probably won't remain this way.

1 and 2 select your main guns, press R to load/reload them. 3 is your pistol if you have one. 4 is your melee weapon if you have one. 5 is your grenades, and pressing it more than once will cycle between frag/smoke/stun.

You can use med kits/first aid/bandages/painkillers/energy drinks by opening your inventory with tab and right clicking on them. You can also hotkey them. First aid and bandages won't heal you beyond 75% of your max health. Med kits are a full heal. Painkillers and energy drinks will give you a pulsing heal over time for a short while and a speed boost if you double up on them.

M for the map, the little legend in the top right explains what you can do there. Very easy and simple and helpful.

To actually answer your question, no the game doesn't have a tutorial. The interface is kind of crappy but it works okay once you practice a little. If you want a quiet start so you can play with it jump to some small cluster of buildings a long way away from the planes path and preferably near the end of the planes path, you'll be more likely to start isolated so you can have some time to get used to things.

edit: also the servers are really tempermental at the moment so things might be kind of wonky

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
just go on twitch and watch anybody play one round, they all happen pretty much the same way

zipzilchzero
Jan 1, 2006
At least I can promise nothing.
Okay. I guess I have to admit that I have no idea how to shoot in this game anymore. I've only been getting more and more 0-1 games due to never being able to outgun opponents at any distance and frankly with the ridiculously bad interpolation and simulated recoil I have no idea how people are doing it.

https://gfycat.com/AggravatingWeeAlaskanhusky

Like here, how the gently caress do I win in an engagement like this? I had baited this dude to where he is: he shot at me passing on my bike (just below the crest of the hill, left of the rock) so I parked it, skirted around the hill clockwise while I'm assuming he did the same from his position.

Aside from the twitchy stuttering lag screwing up my leading what's the approach here? Drop when I first spot him, cross my fingers and hope he walks back up hill towards me instead of either loving off or taking my bike or move in knowing that he'll probably see me?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Trying to run up through an open field with a shotgun was the first mistake imo, ambushes work better when you're a) stationary and b) behind cover.

That's about all I can offer though because I, too, am terrible.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

zipzilchzero posted:

Okay. I guess I have to admit that I have no idea how to shoot in this game anymore. I've only been getting more and more 0-1 games due to never being able to outgun opponents at any distance and frankly with the ridiculously bad interpolation and simulated recoil I have no idea how people are doing it.

https://gfycat.com/AggravatingWeeAlaskanhusky

Like here, how the gently caress do I win in an engagement like this? I had baited this dude to where he is: he shot at me passing on my bike (just below the crest of the hill, left of the rock) so I parked it, skirted around the hill clockwise while I'm assuming he did the same from his position.

Aside from the twitchy stuttering lag screwing up my leading what's the approach here? Drop when I first spot him, cross my fingers and hope he walks back up hill towards me instead of either loving off or taking my bike or move in knowing that he'll probably see me?

lol well in that fight specifically he was walking uphill so he could see you in third person and had a bead on you before you could even see him (which is exactly what he did since he was in ADS already)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
gently caress, I love this game.

last match after the 3rd circle I picked the right building and was in the perfect spot for the rest of the match. 7 kills as people rushed in over time. The final circle countdown came up and I could hear the last guy creeping to the door. Cooked a grenade and threw it through the door just as he opened it.

Feels good

Also now ranked 76 now. Yes I love the leaderboard

ngreasy
Aug 1, 2007
laksjdfkljle

MerrMan posted:

Even with a grip and stock (does the stock actually do anything? I feel like I've read multiple times that it's bugged/not functioning but reliable info on this game from community sources is... yeah)

I have also heard that the stock doesn't work but since they recently enabled it to be used on the Vector.. I have a hard time believing they would do that without ensuring that it works.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VulgarandStupid posted:

There is, as it turns out.

So if you're 2000 you'll be more likely to see, say, 1900-2100 rating people?

Not that I'm doubting you, but I'd like a source because my friends furiously debate about whether there is or not a matchmaking going on.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I was shot straight to dead while my teammate was alive 5 games in a row last night. Frustrating. Still, we won a couple of games. Vintorez is a real fun gun.

The new sound for the suppressed UMP is really cool.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

First uber didn't work out: https://streamable.com/vjwvm

The second uber was decent though: https://streamable.com/g6sov

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Elentor posted:

So if you're 2000 you'll be more likely to see, say, 1900-2100 rating people?

Not that I'm doubting you, but I'd like a source because my friends furiously debate about whether there is or not a matchmaking going on.

I consistently run into my sometimes Top 10 Squad buddy in games. Usually with him taking my helmet with a Kar98. I also consistently run into another group of friends as well. It can't be coincidence, not with how many people are playing this game.

The same top 10 buddy also made a smurf account to teach some of his other friends how to play the game. He's been destroying people left and right with a 19:1 KDR and he says everyone is so bad to what he's used to playing. I similarly, made a smurf account to gently caress around and make motorcycle vids, then ended up winning a solo without even trying.

I didn't believe it existed at first, considering Arma 3 BR had no matchmaking. However, after what I mentioned above and I guess people who watch streamers saying that they're games (the good streamers) take much longer to fill than the new/bad players, it has to be true.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh7sBlDvriI

In which my cowardice pays off for an easy win. My excuse is I didn't want to get caught in the crossfire, not that I was scared of loud noises and preferred the comfort of my rock.

Looking back over the vid, I got super lucky. A) That no one even saw me at the rock B) That Jeep Guy didn't see me at the tree and C) that the last guy somehow died from circle damage.

zipzilchzero
Jan 1, 2006
At least I can promise nothing.

Pleads posted:

Trying to run up through an open field with a shotgun was the first mistake imo, ambushes work better when you're a) stationary and b) behind cover.

That's about all I can offer though because I, too, am terrible.

I've been one shot by an s686 at three times the distance, albeit before the recent patch, so just a better aimed shot would have helped but I doubt I would have gotten a second shot even with a rifle.

Zo posted:

lol well in that fight specifically he was walking uphill so he could see you in third person and had a bead on you before you could even see him (which is exactly what he did since he was in ADS already)

This is what feels so unintuitive about the third person camera. I don't know how to play aggressively like all the ~pRo * g0oNz~ proclaim is the best way to play. Sure I can gear up and go sit in a centralized house for twenty minutes but that was only fun for about the first week.

So sure, I get what I shouldn't have done but then what's the right move from the start of the video?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The circle is getting smaller. Fifteen people are engaged in a brutal battle. There are no screams, only shots. The last circle. One man stands above all. He is alone now, grim satisfaction filling him. "Yes, I deserve this chicken", he thinks. The circle vanishes, and he dies.

Meanwhile, 3 meters below ground, me and my buddy laugh our asses off in a bunker and enjoy our win.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Played three duo games with muh homie tonight. 3 second place finishes. I could smell the chicken, but I never got to taste it :negative:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

zipzilchzero posted:

This is what feels so unintuitive about the third person camera. I don't know how to play aggressively like all the ~pRo * g0oNz~ proclaim is the best way to play. Sure I can gear up and go sit in a centralized house for twenty minutes but that was only fun for about the first week.

So sure, I get what I shouldn't have done but then what's the right move from the start of the video?

1. Just shoot people, don't worry about winning. Just camping a centralized location might be worth trying every once in a while but just like you said, it's boring.

2. Generally you didn't do too much wrong other than not recognizing that the guy spotted you, and given the elevation and his erratic movement that's really not your fault.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

VulgarandStupid posted:

I made a second account so I could do bike stunts.

Because you didn't want to ruin your stats? The stats that are supposed to be wiped any day soon?

revolther
May 27, 2008
I wish mechanics were taken out of the game, because sometimes my manipulating driver nuances sometimes make me lose a game I was already gonna lose.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Last two players alive should have to run the gauntlet of items dropping around them (ragdolls, vehicles, weapons, flame sprites) and whoever crashes last wins the game.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

I consistently run into my sometimes Top 10 Squad buddy in games. Usually with him taking my helmet with a Kar98. I also consistently run into another group of friends as well. It can't be coincidence, not with how many people are playing this game.

The same top 10 buddy also made a smurf account to teach some of his other friends how to play the game. He's been destroying people left and right with a 19:1 KDR and he says everyone is so bad to what he's used to playing. I similarly, made a smurf account to gently caress around and make motorcycle vids, then ended up winning a solo without even trying.

I didn't believe it existed at first, considering Arma 3 BR had no matchmaking. However, after what I mentioned above and I guess people who watch streamers saying that they're games (the good streamers) take much longer to fill than the new/bad players, it has to be true.

It's also per server it seems. You can switch to a server you've never played on before and dominate because you're going up against the worst of the worst and newbies until your rating goes up.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Just got the closest I've gotten to winning a solo. Took 2nd and was shooting at the guy who won.

:negative:

This game does a number on my nerves I have to sit and chill out for like ten minutes after a game like that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Loopoo posted:

Last two players alive should have to run the gauntlet of items dropping around them (ragdolls, vehicles, weapons, flame sprites) and whoever crashes last wins the game.

Zeno Clash 2 has a mode where it spawns endless guys for you to fight and when you KO them they disappear. The challenge isn't survival but rather keeping your framerate above a certain threshold or you lose. It's the kind of dumb idea I really like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Gunder posted:

my buddy and I were trying to figure that out yesterday actually after a duo win

all three of our game modes are deep under the top 100,000 on NA and squad we're both ~10,000. we took a few weeks off and dropped from the top 500, though, he was like 275 and I was 450ish IIRC

we figure with us each having like two dozen wins in the various modes each and our rankings we're probably at least top 5% but it's really hard to judge

I might have to get a second account and try it, because if there's a proper matchmaking I should cut through the lower people like some kind of wild animal

Ice Fist posted:

Just got the closest I've gotten to winning a solo. Took 2nd and was shooting at the guy who won.

:negative:

This game does a number on my nerves I have to sit and chill out for like ten minutes after a game like that.

every time I've won a solo, or my squad has won a duo or squad we've had to sit and talk about it while our hands stopped shaking. if you think it goes away after repeated wins, it doesn't

the only other game that has done this to me is iRacing

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread