Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

business hammocks posted:

Hehas diabetes, right? There's no way he doesn't have diabetes.

You'd be amazed with the kind of garbage lifestyle you can get away with if you got a good roll of the dice

He's got the dementia something fierce, though.

edit: !!!

https://twitter.com/MaggieJordanACN/status/868494179835551744

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Crain posted:

So this just confirms that the WH staff has hidden the office's ability to contact other heads of state directly. Like. Clearly they haven't told him that he can directly contact our allies. Probably for the best, can you imagine getting a 3am call from Trump to complain about a CNN story?

Well, 3am in DC (or Florida) is 9am in Paris, so not so bad :v:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'd be amazed with the kind of garbage lifestyle you can get away with if you got a good roll of the dice

Real life is a satire

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
So, just to get my alt-right talking points straight, the new thing is that Obama had a secret back channel to Iran so it makes what Kushner did okay?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trudeau may be a third-way turd, but he is such a stylish man.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crain posted:

So this just confirms that the WH staff has hidden the office's ability to contact other heads of state directly. Like. Clearly they haven't told him that he can directly contact our allies. Probably for the best, can you imagine getting a 3am call from Trump to complain about a CNN story?

"You have 38 messages from: Donald Trump. Incoming call from Donald Trump." *Furiously trying to cancel the incoming calls 10 times in a row*"You have 45 new messages from: Donald Trump."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Crabtree posted:

"You have 38 messages from: Donald Trump. Incoming call from Donald Trump." *Furiously trying to cancel the incoming calls 10 times in a row*"You have 45 new messages from: Donald Trump."

"Hey Francois I got some big new intelligence, just the best"

*texts pic of electoral map*

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

So, just to get my alt-right talking points straight, the new thing is that Obama had a secret back channel to Iran so it makes what Kushner did okay?
obama established a monitored diplomatic comm channel to iran which is Totally The Same Thing as a secret back channel plus russia is going to bring slavery back so this obvious subversion must be defended

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Any time someone tries to say trump is strong or a leader the required response is now golfcart.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh god I hope there's more pics. Or video. Please say there's video.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
That's kinda pitiful.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QueWMFokFRw

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh god I hope there's more pics. Or video. Please say there's video.

Got to be. Someone in that crowd filmed this poo poo.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

FizFashizzle posted:

That's kinda pitiful.

Which is why we, to save the free world, need a picture of our President trailing behind the leaders of europe in a golf cart.

*reflects on history*

Life is strange huh?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Again, this whole cognitive decline thing they are working toward is the tool he uses to escape prosecution or liability in other cases. It's too obvious to not be the case.

Oh it will be his defense but it also seems pretty well supported.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bobby Digital posted:

"Hey Francois I got some big new intelligence, just the best"

*texts pic of electoral map*
We all have to realize he has done this to at least one world leader

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868517059407335424

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

I have never been a Hillary person but not only did she eat his lunch here, she pretty much implicitly predicted the future. Because Trump will be spending long hours in front of Congressional committees. Oh yes, he will.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

FlamingLiberal posted:

We all have to realize he has done this to at least one world leader

At least one? All he loving does is send that message on every text he gives, even the accidental butt posts - which is like, half of them on a given day!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh it will be his defense but it also seems pretty well supported.

Nothing to see here libs, we agree hes compromised but doesnt that just mean he's going to be careful about the hard tasks ahead of him?!?

(Like stairs)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dipshit, you have to put that money to actual workers. Not horde it in your vault and never pay the people that do that work. That's called slavery and ain't no job no matter how much Sessions says otherwise.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Apparently this photo is from just after the walk - they were walking 700 yards to a traditional spot for a group photo.

Look at his face. Jesus.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Donald Trump getting interviewed by Ali G https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ref_Xly7Y

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Low energy, sad!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My abiding short term fear for this administration is basically:

1) Putin invades the Baltics

2) Trump does not respond to support NATO or even actively helps the Russians, permanently destroying international faith in U.S. commitments and permanently destabilizing NATO

OR

3) through confusion and stupidity a nuclear war happens

Zwabu posted:

I've been thinking quite a bit about this scenario recently.

Isn't having Trump in this situation, under investigation and under microscopic scrutiny specifically with respect to suspicion of him being in Russia's pocket, making it a bit problematic for Putin to execute such a move?

I mean, if Trump was even the slightest bit slick, and didn't proudly broadcast what a whore for the Kremlin he is and leave gigantic red flags all over the place about it, he could claim a strategic shift with respect to Russia policy and fail to act. There would still be an outcry but not necessarily one that would threaten to end his presidency. "They're just protecting their interests in the region, they have a legitimate claim because yadah yada" etc.

But now, if Trump failed to act, he'd prove the case. So either he would have to do SOMETHING, even if token, or look like a puppet. And lifting sanctions would seem right out.

So I really wonder if Trump staying in office actually hampers Putin a bit from making more aggressive military moves at the moment?
One of the issues is that U.S. and other NATO troops are rotating in and out of the Baltic States to deter such a move. So an invasion would mean German, French, British and possibly American soldiers being in the line of fire. I don't think Putin will do it.

To the bolded point: I think Trump has inadvertently limited Putin's options but the suspicion of him being Putin's boy isn't the main one. Remember that while the Russian military and economy are sizable, the former is rather resource-starved and the latter is pretty meager compared to the European Union. So Putin's strategy has been to act provocative and unpredictable by staging risky aerial maneuvers and cross-border spy grabs and the like. Putin doesn't actually want a real military confrontation with the West, but he also knew that previous U.S. presidents wanted to avoid confrontation, too. So Putin acted like he was willing to throw down in order to keep the West (and Europe in particular) off balance. The U.S. president would "show resolve" but not do anything, and Merkel would act as the responsible mediator. But both were essentially reacting to Putin's moves, not acting with initiative.

Notice how little Putin dominates the headlines now?

And in an actual confrontation like Trump's bombardment of the Syrian air base, Putin shrinks.

Well, he shrinks when a core, existential interest -- like Crimea -- isn't at stake. Also remember that Putin's image is manufactured. He was a Western-back authoritarian technocrat for years until he stabilized the situation and then shifted into a neo-Tsarist emperor and "master manipulator." The emperor in fact has no clothes. And worse, Trump really is unpredictable. Which is also bad for Putin because it's uniting the Europeans.

I have a weird theory that if Trump and his people really wanted to gently caress with Putin, he'd leverage his Russian connections to do it -- because that can work both ways.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Apparently this photo is from just after the walk - they were walking 700 yards to a traditional spot for a group photo.

Look at his face. Jesus.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 27, 2017

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

obama established a monitored diplomatic comm channel to iran which is Totally The Same Thing as a secret back channel plus russia is going to bring slavery back so this obvious subversion must be defended

Wasn't Kushner's communication channel also supposed to be used before Trump was actually inaugurated? Like, when they were all still private citizens?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Wow, if this is not a prime example of Trump delusionally thinking he is better than everyone else, but in reality is being pushed off the international stage. Everyone else in lock step and he can't even muster up energy to walk. I never want to hear anyone ask a woman if she has enough stamina to run for office or lead a country again.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Zwabu posted:

Wasn't Kushner's communication channel also supposed to be used before Trump was actually inaugurated? Like, when they were all still private citizens?

Its only a potential crime if it was supposed to be a private back channel for as of yet non government people to talk to said foreign government.

Soooò

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/868512127882887169
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/868513769621790720
https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/868522267939962880

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/868514546436235270

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 27, 2017

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
hot takes comin' thru

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/868520417174183936

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Zwabu posted:

Yeah that's a clear violation of the Logan act if anyone wants to prosecute.

Also it'd be funny if this led to facultative means testing for presidents.

Like dole, mccain, and now trump probably should have never ben able to run.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Hastings posted:

Wow, if this is not a prime example of Trump delusionally thinking he is better than everyone else, but in reality is being pushed off the international stage. Everyone else in lock step and he can't even muster up energy to walk. I never want to hear anyone ask a woman if she has enough stamina to run for office or lead a country again.

Yeah, while Trump attacking Clinton on lacking the stamina to be president was obviously projection, I'm still loving floored by the ridiculous level to which Trump has made it clear he is as sedentary as Jabba the Hutt.

vvv: THE PIVOT IS COMING ANY DAY NOW

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 27, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

lol. he won't and even if he does, it will just make him lose more GOP people. trying to cater to his dying base and a bunch pepes wont save him.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Trump refusing to visit that holy mountain site because he'd have to take a cable car instead of just landing his helicopter literally on top of it still has me reeling.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Trump refusing to visit that holy mountain site because he'd have to take a cable car instead of just landing his helicopter literally on top of it still has me reeling.

I'm still surprised he hasn't tried to redo the whole White House, inside and out, in gold.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

But Hugh Hewitt just said it was an amazingly successful trip and lefties are all gnashing their teeth in jealousy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Man I really wish some foreign leader would tell Trump to his face that he wasn't the American people's first choice.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This is a man trying to get Trump impeached. That's the conclusion I have based on the fact that the only thing standing between Trump and impeachment is that he's nominally a republican. So yes, Trump, pivot. Turn on the republican party. Tear into them for not being ideologically pure enough. Attack them and give us a rich harvest of lols!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hey guys, it's almost June and the GOP has accomplished dick-all on their legislative agenda. Time is growing short so either they lose or panic and ram poo poo through... in which case we all lose.

Thats pretty cool :unsmith:

• Locked thread