Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Average Americans," they say, looking at a picture of a bunch of people with guns and heavy weapons scattered everywhere while a kneeling bound man with SINNER carved into his back and a chained dog are at their feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is everyday life for many people in this country

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nah, EG Vita was viciously hard. It's not just you.

From back when all we had was the cover image.

This game is going to be loving sensational for nothing other than the posting.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

dont be mean to me posted:

Today I learned the average American does not believe in the First Amendment.

Until they need to spew their vitriol.

Quite the contrary, they believe the first amendment protects literally everything, including Sean Hannity from losing his TV show because sponsors don't want to support a guy harassing the family of a murder victim with debunked conspiracy theories

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I really hope the wolf preacher is the PC and unlocks holy righteousness with stealth kills.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was the terrible boss fight people were taking about the other day in FC primal "Ull"? Because this actually might be the worst boss fight I've ever played. At least off the top of my head. It's like they somehow managed to include every single thing you don't want to do in a boss fight and wrapped it up into one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

that is everyday life for many people in this country
The other games were theoretically about everyday life for people in other countries.

But like America supporting a populist strongman president, I bet it means something different now that it's in America.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Got Portal Knights in from Gamefly since those assholes didn't send me The Surge. It's like a less charming and not very fun version of Dragon Quest Builders.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

The other games were theoretically about everyday life for people in other countries.

But like America supporting a populist strongman president, I bet it means something different now that it's in America.

I've never heard anyone complain about shooting american gansters in gta or w/e

this is the first time I've seen anyone say that a game is unpatriotic in this way

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
The wifi in both the PS3 and ps4 are absolute garbage, this has been known forever. Use ethernet, if it's really that inconvenient for you /impossible to run a line (Apartments) than get some power line adapters from Amazon and never worry about it again.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've never heard anyone complain about shooting american gansters in gta or w/e

this is the first time I've seen anyone say that a game is unpatriotic in this way

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm weird?!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mafia 3 and GTA V did gunning down hicks already

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also Outlast 2 just had the same premise as FC5.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Mafia 3 and GTA V did gunning down hicks already

Yeah but can you get a bear to kill them in those games

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
FC5 previews show that you (a sheriff) and your black pastor buddy fight off a cult guy that's not even from Montana, so both the "OH MAN I'MMA JACK OFF TO MURDERING THESE PEOPLE" and "SO UNPATRIOTIC HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE AMERICA" perspectives are dumb because as someone already said, it's the ultrasafe, middle ground approach all Ubisoft games take.
Although now I'm reminded of Hot Fuzz but I get the feeling this won't be as funny.

veni veni veni posted:

Also Outlast 2 just had the same premise as FC5.
Outlast doesn't let you fight though, you just run for your life most of the time, even if enemies do end up getting taken down at the end.

Outlast 2 was so bad though, even compared to the first. They should have either gone with the religious cult plot or the crazy flashbacks to traumatic school memories, because both felt underutilized. The best thing about the game was the seamless transition between the two environments but otherwise stuff like the 1 hit kill enemies were such utter bullshit.
Also there's an extremely out of the way document halfway through that goes "Oh all this religious cult and crazy psychic stuff? Nah that's just some company running experiments with radio towers loving with people" and most people would never see it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's Welcome to Leith: The Video Game but it ends with you getting to shoot the Nazis that take over town. Being on the I'm going to murder these loving people wagon is totally cool and good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfenstein New Order has A+++ Nazi slaughtering

I would pay any money to relive the joy I felt when you stab a bad guy in the head and BJ says "Nazi Scum"

revolther
May 27, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The vocal minority of 12% of disenfranchised Americans agree.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wolfenstein New Order has A+++ Nazi slaughtering

I would pay any money to relive the joy I felt when you stab a bad guy in the head and BJ says "Nazi Scum"

Have you played DOOM? You should play DOOM. Those poor demons keep getting locked in rooms with you :ohdear:.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you played DOOM? You should play DOOM. Those poor demons keep getting locked in rooms with you :ohdear:.

I certainly have, absolutely loved it. Wolfenstein had the better story, DOOM the better shooting. Best 2 FPS games I've played in YEARS, I was so sick of the never ending COD/BF cycle of military shooters

also Titanfall 2 single player. Those 3 restored my faith in console FPS games

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I certainly have, absolutely loved it. Wolfenstein had the better story, DOOM the better shooting. Best 2 FPS games I've played in YEARS, I was so sick of the never ending COD/BF cycle of military shooters

Oh. Huh. Uh... how about "Bethesda paid us a poo poo-ton of money to call our game Prey just to use the license, but it's really an excellent System Shock clone that we've been making ourselves", aka, Prey?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh. Huh. Uh... how about "Bethesda paid us a poo poo-ton of money to call our game Prey just to use the license, but it's really an excellent System Shock clone that we've been making ourselves", aka, Prey?

Nope, just the demo but that REALLY put me off, I think the controls have been fixed a bit since that though. I've heard mixed things since but I'll probably pick it up eventually, people are talking about it being on sale soon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They fixed the controls its good now but the worst part is still combat vs the lame enemies and you cant move or dodge very well even with upgrades

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really like Prey on PC but definitely wouldn't want to play it with a controller

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Poor TF2. I often forget about it but what a hell of a campaign. The bosses are great and your robot buddy sounding like Peter Cullen is both cool and kinda nostalgic.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HGH posted:

The bosses are great and your robot buddy sounding like Peter Cullen is both cool and kinda nostalgic.

If you meant BT then that wasn't Peter Cullen.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

God drat the TF2 campaign was so surprisingly good. Just great all around. I mostly play online only games and couldn't care less about campaigns; I'd pay a decent chunk of change for more of that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I genuinely couldn't go back to Overwatch after playing TF2 online for a bit. Overwatch feels SO slow comparatively.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably hence the use of the words"sounding like" :)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Feenix posted:

Probably hence the use of the words"sounding like" :)
My bad, I was mistaken about the VA but corrected myself a bit too late.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I beat Prey on PS4 and thought it was perfectly playable and fun. And I usually dislike playing shooters on gamepads but Prey isn't really like typical FPSes

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Is PSN working like garbage for anyone else today? I'm trying to play wildlands with a friend and we keep disconnecting from each other and the party.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm actually curious to see if FC5 shakes it up a bit. Ubisoft has to be painfully aware of how stale people thought 4 and primal felt, and they actually really upped their game and made a good game in Watch Dogs 2. Not to mention developers must be looking at how well Zelda was received about now.

SpazmasterX posted:

Is PSN working like garbage for anyone else today? I'm trying to play wildlands with a friend and we keep disconnecting from each other and the party.

It's been total poo poo for me for the last three days to the point that I can't tell if my pS4 is busted or not.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I'm actually curious to see if FC5 shakes it up a bit. Ubisoft has to be painfully aware of how stale people thought 4 and primal felt, and they actually really upped their game and made a good game in Watch Dogs 2. Not to mention developers must be looking at how well Zelda was received about now.

Not happening. It's also going to sell gangbusters.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You could have said that about Watch-Dogs 2 and that wasn't the case. Don't get me wrong it wasn't amazing but it was a huge step up from all of the usual ubisoft trappings.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I just started playing horizon, and it's got super high production values but the lip syncing is so loving bad. Everyone in the main quest is randomly flapping their mouths constantly and any parts that do actually match up to what's being said could also be a random accident by how infrequently it happens. This kind of thing doesn't usually bother me but I'd prefer if they didn't move their mouths at all.
The audio mixing in cut scenes is odd too, there will be big dramatic moments of people shouting while right next to each other and no music or sound effects happening.
I'm only 4 hours in and it seems pretty fun, I'm just surprised by this when the rest of the game is so pristene.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SpazmasterX posted:

veni veni veni posted:

It's been total poo poo for me for the last three days to the point that I can't tell if my pS4 is busted or not.

Not even the website version has been working for me since yesterday. I just wanted to buy Locoroco. : (

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Also I don't think I really like combat in horizon. Just did the womb of all mother fight, and fighting big machines is just not fun? Trying to plink away with arrows that take ages to get ready while the machines jump about all over the place, slow time isnt anywhere near slow enough and by far the best and most effective way to take something down I am finding is to charge in mashing r1 and chugging health potions. Maybe I am not good enough at aiming using a controller for this game, in a fast paced fight I can't hit anything with my arrows, let alone a tiny yellow square on it's back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Just move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That gets better fast once you get more powerful weapons, and also a more diverse selection -- bad at shooting? Try slings and tripwires instead of bows. You might not have access to them yet but you will soon.