Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I prefer cannon build, but his Warp Rift build is apparently really good too if you can pull it off consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Time to give up on Alarak a while, I think. I pulled Probius out of a box recently, what's his build du jour? Cannons or explosives?

Cannon build best build period.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I opened one of those $5 Welcome boxes. Duplicate diablo, reroll, duplicate diablo, reroll, duplicate Valla. Boo. Then I opened the rare chest and got Zeratul, neat. I havent played a stealther yet, no Nova either, so this should be interesting.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that the welcome chest is heavily weighted towards cheaper heroes, yeah.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Crazy game with two Chromies and two LiMings. All keeps down on both sides. Fighting over probably the game winning objective...

Power surge apparently fries my PC :suicide:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dang, I got 1000 gems from somewhere (hitting level 250?) Waiting for sales that'll help knock off the 12 or so heroes I have left to get.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
jeeeeebus christ I'm not sure if I just got lucky on team comps or I am secretly a savant when it comes to barbarian warrior-womaning, but Sonya just shits all over entire enemy teams if things go right for her

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

EdRush posted:

We like to dump on the matchmaking but this is something that should never never happen even in quick match. Sonya/DVa/Zarya vs no tanks and Abathur. Honestly the worst mismatch on paper I think I've ever seen.

I had something similar but opposite happen to me recently

How does the matchmaker look at that 4 man group and decide that what it needs is another tank :psyduck:

I played plenty of LoL and would really prefer Blind Pick at this point. QM matchmaking the worst it's been in 2 years and if they keep making heroes that don't fit neatly into their archetypes this problem is only going to get worse.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

I am really this close to uninstalling this game, this isn't even QM anymore

EDIT: And yes that Azmodan is silenced, he spam pinged Leoric the entire game

EDIT2: He died 14 times in a 26 minute game and still got MVP an MVP callout for "Combat Medic"

Poultron fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 27, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Yeah I'm done, next game was a HL game with a 4 level deficit because of people who I guess just started playing their heroes or something; a Nazeebo who never, ever landed a skill, and a Diablo who never, ever used his. EDIT: Nazeebo also died 7 times in 13 minutes

Poultron fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 27, 2017

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Poultron posted:

Yeah I'm done, next game was a HL game with a 4 level deficit because of people who I guess just started playing their heroes or something; a Nazeebo who never, ever landed a skill, and a Diablo who never, ever used his. EDIT: Nazeebo also died 7 times in 13 minutes

I think you're confused and mean to be posting here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724675

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I didn't know there was a whining thread

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I had a match this evening with an Alarak who kept 1v5 diving with a team full of pokers (gotta love quickmatch) and then calling us "League of Legends trash" for not reading his mind or something. Ragers gonna rage.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Poultron posted:

I am really this close to uninstalling this game, this isn't even QM anymore

EDIT: And yes that Azmodan is silenced, he spam pinged Leoric the entire game

EDIT2: He died 14 times in a 26 minute game and still got MVP an MVP callout for "Combat Medic"

Is it still a thing where people think dying as Leoric is no worse than dying as Murky?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phenotype posted:

Is it still a thing where people think dying as Leoric is no worse than dying as Murky?

From what I've seen, yes. Leoric is the one tank I never actually want to see on my team. People treat him like Murky and will just sacrifice themselves all game

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He's just narrow in application is the problem. He has a move that's decent against tanks and an ult that's good against jaina. His constant presence doesn't really pressure much.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He's just narrow in application is the problem. He has a move that's decent against tanks and an ult that's good against jaina. His constant presence doesn't really pressure much.

I play Leoric a bunch and he's pretty solid against many different compositions. Try this:

Reanimation/Royal Focus/Paralyzing Rage/Entomb/Crushing Hope (ST) or Burning Rage (MT)/Renewed Swing

Paralyzing Rage is incredible and the tradeoff of having a shorter range vs Ghastly Reach is offset by using Wraith Walk aggressively with Royal Focus.

Leoric doesn't lock down single targets as well as Anub'arak does nor is he as difficult to kill and as good at peeling as Johanna, but he can wade into the thickest part of the battle and drag down everyone else with him. He pairs well with heroes like Raynor, Cassia, Zul'jin, or any of the mages who just need their targets to stay still for several seconds to be able to wreck everything. Paralyzing Rage & Entomb is just that good.

Drain Hope talents are mostly a trap IMO unless you're up against Arthas & Azmodan & Chen or something dumb like that where they're not only fat they also have trouble getting away from your soulsucker.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Spooky hand talents are incredibly popular. I'll try that build hen I get home from work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He's just narrow in application is the problem.

He's really not. He's a very solid bruiser against any team that has heroes you can expect to stand within range of Bigby's Grasping Hand. Also, Entomb is fantastic against anything that doesn't have a teleport or dash that goes over terrain.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Right he has a move that's decent against tanks and an ult that's good against jaina

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Pro Tournament CHO GALL :getin: :black101:

https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Cho'Gal / Leoric / Anub / Auriel

What is this comp

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Froghammer posted:

Cho'Gal / Leoric / Anub / Auriel

What is this comp

A surprisingly solid one. Leoric and Anub'arak can peel for days for the other three, and Auriel gets energy from Cho and Gall at the same time so she's constantly topped off.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Also Leo and Anub are two of the best Cho'Gall counters so drafting them denies them to the enemy.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lemon-Lime posted:

He's really not. He's a very solid bruiser against any team that has heroes you can expect to stand within range of Bigby's Grasping Hand. Also, Entomb is fantastic against anything that doesn't have a teleport or dash that goes over terrain.

Yeah that's the problem, he's not a tank. He's a bruiser that's good at keeping the enemy's tank or characters without good maneuverability zoned.
Leo is a very useful addition to most comps, and can do a good job of bullying lanes. His durability when you can land the spooky hand and a target stays in it is deceptive, since he can melt pretty fast otherwise.
At this point I really wish hardened bones was baseline though.

HelixFox posted:

Also Leo and Anub are two of the best Cho'Gall counters so drafting them denies them to the enemy.

Just ban Tychus and you're pretty set with that comp.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 27, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Coolness Averted posted:

Just ban Tychus and you're pretty set with that comp.

They took Leoric, banned Greymane, and conned the other team into banning Tychus. That's like... the perfect Cho'Gall scenario.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

He's a bruiser that can't match Sonya's or Artanis' damage. I haven't been too sure what to do with him but I haven't tried too hard.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how does chogall work? like what does each person control as far as movement and abilities

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Awesome! posted:

how does chogall work? like what does each person control as far as movement and abilities

Cho gets the movement, melee attacks, and can chuck a bomb. Gall has nearly no movement control, ranged spell attacks (no autos really short cooldowns), and can detonate the bomb Cho chucks.

Basically Gall is a second ability bar, controlled by another player, stapled onto Cho.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Awesome! posted:

One player is Cho. He controls the feets and moving and the punchings and stuff and throws the ball. Other dude is Gall, he casts spells and can make the ball explode and stuff. Gall can't control movement, he's at the mercy of the Cho with that. They each get to pick their own talents and ults and such like a normal player.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Awesome! posted:

Gall is a turret for the most part, but:
- He can detonate Cho's grenades.
- His Z/movement ability allows him to Shove his brother in a certain direction with a short speed boost.
- His D is a toggle ability that buffs his damage while lowering Cho's armor.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He's a bruiser that can't match Sonya's or Artanis' damage. I haven't been too sure what to do with him but I haven't tried too hard.

He totally can, but he has to do it by gluing himself to their tank and keeping them from being effective. Usually you want bruisers to find their way to softer targets to disrupt and kill them. Leoric does all of his work in most comps by disrupting the front line from the front, rather than by circumventing it and forcing it to turn away from the rest of his team like Sonja and Artanis.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Toshimo posted:

They took Leoric, banned Greymane, and conned the other team into banning Tychus. That's like... the perfect Cho'Gall scenario.

That's always the best, when the other team gets you a free 3rd or 4th ban.

Oh on ban chat because I've seen some goons do it, when your team is talking about bans, especially the "Should we grab X or ban them?" don't chime in to volunteer to play X if you're not good at what makes them unique. I've had way too many maps where you don't want the other team to snag say Dehaka/Brightwing/Falstad and folks volunteer to play them, only to have no idea how to put on global pressure, so their z really just ends up being a mount replacement.

Awesome! posted:

One player 'drives' a warrior and has all* of the movement powers/clicks to activate stuff
The other play is a ranged assassin and is just along for the ride.

The ranged character also can shove the warrior in a direction and give him a speed boost. They also have a combined E, where the warrior rolls a big ball that the assassin can detonate for much better damage with their E.
They also have a bunch of neat talents that synergize with the other's stuff, like "Your Q does more damage to targets hit by his W," or "Whenever you use your Q his next Q is stronger."

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
'my allies in qm are bad i'm uninstalling!!' ok

ElephantCrave
Jan 28, 2013

Bogart posted:

'my allies in qm are bad i'm uninstalling!!' ok

my allies in ranked are bad too!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My goon party members are bad

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Everyone including me is bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Fumaofthelake posted:

Everyone especially me is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

hots is bad and so is me