Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

You guys are just pulling the lone wolf excuse. If he was any other color or ethnicity, there'd be nothing but talk of cultural stigma.

As a white person, I must thoroughly apologize for the Portland man's actions and it is really upon other white people to also denounce this behavior and make sure this horrible tragedy never happens again. It is entirely incumbent on my fellow white people to further denounce this chaos, misery, and death that seems to constantly trail us, especially for political purposes, when we could instead use our collective voices and actions for peace. The actions of this one man do not reflect the views of other white people and we are sickened and forever changed. The families of the slaughtered men will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Literally what conservatives expect when a black person or a Muslim kills someone. With an added demand of "where is BLM now?!" If it's black on black crime

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
doesn't the lone wolf excuse mean you say that this is an incident where they act alone without help from an outside group, not the statement given which was this hosed up person would of done something no matter who won

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Third World Reggin posted:

doesn't the lone wolf excuse mean you say that this is an incident where they act alone without help from an outside group, not the statement given which was this hosed up person would of done something no matter who won

In this instance I think its more in reference to this situation being an aberration from the social consensus, as opposed to a something that was precipitated by it. That this guy was crazy AND a white supremacist doesn't in my mind mean that either quality was independently responsible, though their combination seemingly led to this decision making process in the absence of other causes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Has there been any indication of when we might be seeing Comey's testimony?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Two Finger posted:

Has there been any indication of when we might be seeing Comey's testimony?

More news during the week on that probably. Comey still needs to talk to Mueller and Senate Intel needs to set a firm date, which hasn't been announced yet.

If the testimony gets cancelled, it's likely because Mueller thinks Comey has something really juicy. If the testimony proceeds, it might not be that criminally damning, but we'd get a very good day of TV out of the testimony.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

As a white person, I must thoroughly apologize for the Portland man's actions and it is really upon other white people to also denounce this behavior and make sure this horrible tragedy never happens again. It is entirely incumbent on my fellow white people to further denounce this chaos, misery, and death that seems to constantly trail us, especially for political purposes, when we could instead use our collective voices and actions for peace. The actions of this one man do not reflect the views of other white people and we are sickened and forever changed. The families of the slaughtered men will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I meant more the insistance of 'Well, he was just mentally ill' versus the willingness to label the guy in Manchester as a 'terrorist' despite the fact that multiple Muslim communities called him out as having issues/being a threat to the police, and current evaluation says he wasn't all there.

One of the guys who got stabbed protecting the two Muslim women. :(

facialimpediment posted:

More news during the week on that probably. Comey still needs to talk to Mueller and Senate Intel needs to set a firm date, which hasn't been announced yet.

If the testimony gets cancelled, it's likely because Mueller thinks Comey has something really juicy. If the testimony proceeds, it might not be that criminally damning, but we'd get a very good day of TV out of the testimony.

Didn't Mueller already ask him to cancel once?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 27, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Didn't Mueller already ask him to cancel once?

Comey cancelled on Chaffetz's House Oversight Committee because of the timing (supposed to be last Wednesday). Comey couldn't meet with Mueller before last wednesday, so Comey cancelled/declined Chaffetz's invite. That's part of the reason why Senate Intel didn't set a firm date a few weeks ago.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/868565803410567168

Jack Pobosiec posted:

Multiple sources: Hannity to be fired from Fox News

It's loving Christmas

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Is Hanukkah Trump getting fired?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Get hosed Sean Baby Dick.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

This is a great thing, but can we waterboard him anyway for being such a cum stain on the underwear of humanity?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I take it back: there's been like a month of crazy news so it's more like Ramadan, and a Trump impeachment would be Layla's al Qadr.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

This is a great thing, but can we waterboard him anyway for being such a cum stain on the underwear of humanity?
But Sean, you promised!!

*Glug glug glug

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The twitter chat from idiots in response to this is amusing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Jack Posobiec is a self-proclaimed alt-right troll. Not exactly a reliable source.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember a few days back when he insisted that he goes on vacation every year and anyone who read into it further was an idiot?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Trump's armored beast-limo is nearing completion. I remember when they first announced that they were working on a new presidential limo, this was like a few days or maybe a week or two after Trump announced that he was running for president. At the time Jalopnik ran an article about it with a headline that read something like "Here's President Trump's new limo yuck yuck".

We all had a good laugh about it and went about with our days.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Casimir Radon posted:

Remember a few days back when he insisted that he goes on vacation every year and anyone who read into it further was an idiot?

The Nile ain't just a psychological rejection of reality.

... Wait, I hosed that up.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I'd love to believe it, but I'd have to see a source that's even marginally more credible.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If Hannity gets fired then Trump is draining the swamp like he said!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
RIP us and the Paris accords.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/868602582687731712

Input from the Donnie whisperer:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/868605925216669696

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/868606130867634176

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
One of the guys the attacker killed was a 23 year Army veteran :(

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

this is why the usmc taught me mcmap

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

this is why the usmc taught me mcmap

every marine a rifleman/ninja

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/868617438400843777

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

baby face wants to be a real man and play hardball lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Don't push the kush

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I thought that was the running expectation with owning a newspaper.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

I thought that was the running expectation with owning a newspaper.

Everyone knows that owning publications is an exercise in supporting the fourth estate for the public interest. That's why Breitbart reports the news with such ethical conviction.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/27/530388699/southern-rocker-gregg-allman-dies-at-69/

Gregg Allman, founder of the Allman Brothers, passed away of cancer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I don't remember seeing this in here https://twitter.com/pacelattin/status/867949635028959232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Holy poo poo, he really is the second coming of Saint Ronnie.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

Hey that Genesis video is relevant again

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

Hey that Genesis video is relevant again
It never stopped being relevant.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I know :(

Doubly so though because we have a president who could mistake nuke for nurse again

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

im still laughing at his official photo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wonder how long they'll try to hide behind "He was just tired, you're making it up you liberal snowflake!" Cause holy loving good god drat if you google around for the full clip, dude is totally out to lunch. Lights are on, nobody's home. I've seen less empty eyes on a doll. The president of the United States is in mid to late stages of dementia.

Nancy Reagan basically ran the white house at the end, think the Kush will get handed the reins or what?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

bird food bathtub posted:

Nancy Reagan basically ran the white house at the end, think the Kush will get handed the reins or what?

With the amount of infighting there is now? No, it'll be a bloodbath while everyone struggles to gain control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A Bad Poster posted:

With the amount of infighting there is now? No, it'll be a bloodbath while everyone struggles to gain control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

• Locked thread