Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

FisheyStix posted:

I bet Hillary would make almost as strong a dictator as she made a candidate.

Hilldawg Trying to give orders to her death squads only having to stop for five minutes of phlegm spewing coughing jags.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Apoplexy posted:

We don't have a democracy. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million in a vote that had a turnout that was abysmal before even voter suppression efforts are accounted for.

There is a difference between direct and representive democracy fam. Look it up.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
DAHHHHHHH I BELIEVE WE ARE IN FACT A DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC~

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

JB50 posted:

Loving the broke brains in this thread. Keep it up guys.

Great job!

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hilary would have been worse because while she would have been just as bad as trump on income inequality and wars, liberals would have just shrugged their shoulders. If you've ever posted "hey I dunno what you expected out of Obama" like that's some kind of excuse, you would have done the same for Hillary.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CassandraZara posted:

Hilary would have been worse because while she would have been just as bad as trump on income inequality and wars, liberals would have just shrugged their shoulders. If you've ever posted "hey I dunno what you expected out of Obama" like that's some kind of excuse, you would have done the same for Hillary.

love trumps hate. let it wash over you.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snatch Duster posted:

love trumps hate. let it wash over you.

Bear
Knee
Wood
Half
One

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CassandraZara posted:

Bear
Knee
Wood
Half
One

:cheers:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CassandraZara posted:

I'd hoped things would change for the better under Obama.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd hoped things would change for the better under Obama.

Well in hindsight his campaign contribution breakdown by sector was a nice red flag.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Streak posted:

lol @ the loving retards still acting like trump is just as bad as hillary would have been. like it's loving hilarious that she lost and all but dear lord, the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that things would have been "just as bad, probably" :lol:

there aint an ironicat big enough brother.

Snatch Duster posted:

There is a difference between direct and representive democracy fam. Look it up.

LOL.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Apoplexy posted:

Apoplexy are you extremely short irl. Or like goonishly oversized? Just curious

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Streak posted:

lol @ the loving retards still acting like trump is just as bad as hillary would have been. like it's loving hilarious that she lost and all but dear lord, the mental gymnastics to convince yourself that things would have been "just as bad, probably" :lol:

look dude you don't have to agree with the proposition but gently caress you for implying i have any doubt that it would just be as bad or worse.

hillary clinton would've found some people whose names are less known, who are smart enough and proven to be able and willing to have the exact same policy behind doors as these assholes, except they would do it quietly enough that the YASS QUEEN crowd could scream about what a wonderful pioneering feminist hillary is, as she realizes her dream as a goldwater girl to bring back segregation, put minorities in prison for a long time for non violent offenses, go to war with some muslims, enact trade agreements that will specifically cripple the working class in this country, and offer a few token compromises like a minimum wage hike that's not nearly enough, and she would have the cooperation of enough democrats and republicans to do this that she would actually get more destructive horse poo poo done without the same level of opposition or criticism.

Like lol if you think her presidency would be any better. I am 100% confident it would be arguably worse if only because liberals sincerely think merely electing a democrat to office will guarantee certain things don't happen, that will happen, inspiring plenty of apathy and blind support for heinous actions they're all too acutely aware of when a republican does it.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Apoplexy posted:

I'm suggesting Obama should've stepped in and declared martial law and had Trump and his campaign staff rounded up and executed for the treason we now know they committed. Hillary should've been seated by force. You know what's weird about this scenario? Better than Trump. By a huge loving margin, better than Trump. The reality we're in right now is worse than that, and by a wide loving gulf.

:vince:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

basic hitler posted:

look dude you don't have to agree with the proposition but gently caress you for implying i have any doubt that it would just be as bad or worse.

hillary clinton would've found some people whose names are less known, who are smart enough and proven to be able and willing to have the exact same policy behind doors as these assholes, except they would do it quietly enough that the YASS QUEEN crowd could scream about what a wonderful pioneering feminist hillary is, as she realizes her dream as a goldwater girl to bring back segregation, put minorities in prison for a long time for non violent offenses, go to war with some muslims, enact trade agreements that will specifically cripple the working class in this country, and offer a few token compromises like a minimum wage hike that's not nearly enough, and she would have the cooperation of enough democrats and republicans to do this that she would actually get more destructive horse poo poo done without the same level of opposition or criticism.

Like lol if you think her presidency would be any better. I am 100% confident it would be arguably worse if only because liberals sincerely think merely electing a democrat to office will guarantee certain things don't happen, that will happen, inspiring plenty of apathy and blind support for heinous actions they're all too acutely aware of when a republican does it.

the trump timeline is definitely the better one from a media perspective which also means cultural

if clinton won it would be years of the same obnoxious washington post buzzfeed spoon fed bullshit except it would be coming from every single level all the way to the top. the level of blatant disregard for self expression coming from these people would have done more harm for this country than the corrupt bullshit clinton at least attempts to hide. trump's america might be a boot stomping on a crying immigrant child's face, but hillarys america is lena dunham, wearing nothing but leather boots, stomping on your face. forever

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also trump's big anti-immigrant roundup seems to mostly be deporting convicted criminals. hardly a crying immigrant child

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Also trump's big anti-immigrant roundup seems to mostly be deporting convicted criminals. hardly a crying immigrant child

It's the "GUNS ARE KILLING OUR CHILDREN LOOK AT THESE STATISTICS" argument from the 90s all over again *statistics are 18 year old gang members in Chicago dying in turf wars*

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's their children who they didn't give a poo poo about anyway that are crying

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

T.S. Smelliot posted:

It's the "GUNS ARE KILLING OUR CHILDREN LOOK AT THESE STATISTICS" argument from the 90s all over again *statistics are 18 year old gang members in Chicago dying in turf wars*

I remember seeing some report defining "children" as anyone from age 1 to 22 and I was sitting there going wtf is this poo poo

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I remember seeing some report defining "children" as anyone from age 1 to 22 and I was sitting there going wtf is this poo poo

Clearly justification for post-birth abortion; a year-long return policy. Extremely shrewd of them.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im a radical moderate, somebody stop me before I do something completely expected, please

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

im a radical moderate, somebody stop me before I do something's completely expected, please

Like support fascism?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

basic hitler posted:

i agree with a lot of this

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Oh yeah. Good stuff.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-clinton-sounds-like-a-presidential-candidate/article/2624302

quote:

Hillary Clinton sounds like a presidential candidate

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

"Bill and Hillary have done a lot for our party and we should be grateful," said another Democratic insider. "But it's time for a new generation."

"And I don't mean Chelsea," the Democrat added quickly.

:lol:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

quote:

"What are they so afraid of?" Clinton asked about her most fervent critics in a New York magazine profile. "Me, to some extent. Because I don't die, despite their best efforts."

quote:

New York Daily News columnist Gersh Kuntzman was perhaps the most vulgar: "Hey, Hillary Clinton, shut the f--- up and go away already."

quote:

"Hey, Hillary Clinton, shut the f--- up and go away already."

quote:

shut the f--- up and go away already.
The "f" stands for gently caress, Missus Clinton. gently caress.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

quote:

New York Daily News columnist Gersh Kuntzman

Isn't he the guy who said that he got PTSD from shooting an AR-15 at a firing range? loool

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

basic hitler posted:

Lol nah you're dumb

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

hilldawg posted:

because I don't die, despite their best efforts
That is literally not the problem, you could always go away quietly forever

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
You'd think she'd be ashamed of being the most obnoxious turd in a punch bowl full of slightly less obnoxious turds, but if it's one thing the woman can do, it's turd it up a notch. And God bless her, she's proud of her talent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Vastarien posted:

Isn't he the guy who said that he got PTSD from shooting an AR-15 at a firing range? loool

Don't make fun of the guy, his names has Cunts in it.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Apoplexy where did your avatar go

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I haven't had one in ages. I had one when I first made my account nearly 15 years ago and then got banned and hosed off from SA for a long time and then came back and forgot to put one in when re-regging. Better than a stupid newbie one, at least. :P

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Oh god I confused you with someone else, then

Did I just... did I just experience apoplexy for myself? :ohdear:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Streak posted:

Lol nah you're dumb

Where did i go wrong you loving wise master

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

his first statement isn't even true - third way clintonism is why the democratic party is in the state it's in.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Anytime I see a 1/x or the hand clap separating every word, my eyes roll to the back of my head because I know it's some sad brained liberal about to virtue signal and tell me to educate myself.

every time i see a a crazy, grammatically incorrect and heavily misspelled word salad spewing a bunch of idiotic and poorly thought out rants about "libruls" from someone who'd be better off dead, my eyes roll to the back of my head because I know it's some poo poo-stain conservative about to try and blame everyone with political leanings somewhere to the left of joe mccarthy for their own squalid, stupid existence.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Streak posted:

Lol nah you're dumb

there's actually a few good points in there. hillary wouldn't have been as bad as all that but yeah, democrats definitely fall into the trap of "ok i got them in office now i get to stop paying attention/doing anything!" but yeah just lol if you unironically believe hillary was looking to bring back jim crow

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hilary vs Trump. It's like do you want a boy or a girl version of President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho from Idiocracy?

Because neither pick is a good outcome for anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Radical and BADical! posted:

but yeah just lol if you unironically believe hillary was looking to bring back jim crow

How can she? It's already here

• Locked thread