Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

zen death robot posted:

I don't LPs of horrible games works really well unless you're willing to put in AVGN style production values

well he's at $188/mo. with only 24 subscribers, so from a purely financial standpoint he's already way ahead. assuming he ever produces GG content for his subs, he'll be doing just fine with 1/200th of the audience

i don't know that "production values" really factor into the viewership, it's just an extremely niche product. the freshest internet humour from 2002 doesn't go that far when 90% of your hypothetical audience wasn't even born then.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jony neuemonic posted:

also if you think a $17 burger is unaffordable you're probably one of the people who'd be helped by a higher min wage.

fuckin' temporarily embarrassed millionaires, man.

people don't seem to understand that their wages will increase as minimum wage does

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

jony neuemonic posted:

also if you think a $17 burger is unaffordable you're probably one of the people who'd be helped by a higher min wage.

fuckin' temporarily embarrassed millionaires, man.

Wheeeew that's pretty bougie my dude in the context of a big mac not some beer-drunk massaged cow-nime burger. You gotta be fairly wealthy to 'afford' forty dollars a person at McTori's.

But yeah common labor is massively undervalued and people think 'bad jobs' build character and lead to good jobs unless you're 'lazy'. If you want to reverse good will hunting and start cleaning toilets because you find it more rewarding it'd be nice if that was actually a workable option.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

muckswirler posted:

Wheeeew that's pretty bougie my dude in the context of a big mac not some beer-drunk massaged cow-nime burger. You gotta be fairly wealthy to 'afford' forty dollars a person at McTori's.

But yeah common labor is massively undervalued and people think 'bad jobs' build character and lead to good jobs unless you're 'lazy'. If you want to reverse good will hunting and start cleaning toilets because you find it more rewarding it'd be nice if that was actually a workable option.

As if "is good at abstract maths" would mean anything other than continuing to clean toilets. :confused:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

funny Star Wars parody posted:

people don't seem to understand that their wages will increase as minimum wage does

not necessarily, to reflect the increase in minimum wage in its prices, McDonald's would need to raise the price of a Big Mac by something like just five cents

"minimum wage increase implies all wages inflate" is just a right-wing bogeyman: for most businesses, the cost of labor isn't the limiting factor in their products' or services' costs, but the averge business owner will be damned before they cut into their profit margin even the tiniest bit if it's to benefit labor

(if it's to kill competition, though, they'll gladly sacrifice all the margin they possibly can and then some!)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it doesn't matter what logical arguments you make for an increased minimum wage. the people who are against it are operating purely on greed and/or spite and so don't respond to logic or empathy

like, people will come right out and tell you that they don't' think the minimum wage should be increased because then a burger cook would be making the same amount per hour as they currently do as an office drone or w/e, and the idea of someone who makes hamburgers being paid the same as them is just abhorrent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hamburgers can be delicious and that's priceless

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

people who do something critical to life, like making food or fixing toilets, are far more valuable to society than anyone who just pushes numbers around all day no matter HOW big the numbers are

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

every time i see a newsman's own product i drown in those handsome blue eyes

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

it doesn't matter what logical arguments you make for an increased minimum wage. the people who are against it are operating purely on greed and/or spite and so don't respond to logic or empathy

like, people will come right out and tell you that they don't' think the minimum wage should be increased because then a burger cook would be making the same amount per hour as they currently do as an office drone or w/e, and the idea of someone who makes hamburgers being paid the same as them is just abhorrent

especially if the minimum wage person is being compared with soldiers

note that the kind of rear end in a top hat who gets mad at that would never suggest saving the money spent on foreign wars to spend on veterans, let alone public infrastructure, health care, or teachers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

hamburgers can be delicious and that's priceless

they're practically always delicious

*has no taste whatsoever*

i mean, i've had belugan caviar and salads to die for but a good burg is a good burg and a bad burg is a pretty good burg if it's not overdone

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they make steamed burgers in maine or whatever

pram
Jun 10, 2001
steamed hams are an upstate new york thing idiot

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
there's this old guard of people who think fat is bad because it is fat and it always makes me sad when they gently caress up a burger to make a hockey puck

or that bad old man with his wooden catsup steak orders

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pram posted:

steamed hams are an upstate new york thing idiot

its a utica expression

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

syscall girl posted:

there's this old guard of people who think fat is bad because it is fat and it always makes me sad when they gently caress up a burger to make a hockey puck

or that bad old man with his wooden catsup steak orders

i use 73% lean meat which is why i can't get ground beef at costco because they sell 93% lean and gently caress that the fats where the flavor is at.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

are you one of those people who bought the extra fatty rancid jerky that the goon was selling cause it was illegal to sell for real

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
What's progressing faster: the forums rewrite or people's type 2 diabetes?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

come to the forums rewrite thread, home of sad computerymans who will groundlessly insult the burgers you prepare

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Hollow Talk posted:

What's progressing faster: the forums rewrite or people's type 2 diabetes?

yospos collective fatness is up an impressive 20% yoy while Elixir Titans LOC has sadly increased by 0

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

its a utica expression

wrong, fcker. I’m from Utica and I never heard anyone use the phrase, “steamed hams.”

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i just looked at how dead and gay the other yospos lites are. byob has like 10 users lol. rip in piss forums

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

even yospos used to have like what, 10 times as many posters? i remember coming home from work and cjs would have 1000 new posts

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

even yospos used to have like what, 10 times as many posters? i remember coming home from work and cjs would have 1000 new posts

tbf most of that was just people being pissed at tori

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

syscall girl posted:

tbf most of that was just people being pissed at tori

yup

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
what happened to nice tori? :(

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he died when trump won, now tori is a golem animated by the opiate deaths of rural americans.

he's never been more powerful

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
yeah i was thinking the other day the pos is a lot quieter than it used to be. I remember back when I first started reading (2008? Macs were gay was the big rally at the time) there'd be at least a few hundred concurrent readers.

Like, I can keep track of most of the frequent posters in the forums I frequent now. Never used to be able to do that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

yeah i was thinking the other day the pos is a lot quieter than it used to be. I remember back when I first started reading (2008? Macs were gay was the big rally at the time) there'd be at least a few hundred concurrent readers.

Like, I can keep track of most of the frequent posters in the forums I frequent now. Never used to be able to do that.

it's very troublesome really

i used to think i could secure my shitposting through obscurity but not really anymore

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

syscall girl posted:

i used to think i could secure my shitposting through obscurity but not really anymore
don't worry, it's always been noticeable

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

don't worry, it's always been noticeable

it's the ignored warning message on compile

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Who the hell is going to sign up for a new something awful forums account in 2017?

A community without a steady source of new users to at minimum keep up with turnover is already dead

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Progressive JPEG posted:

Who the hell is going to sign up for a new something awful forums account in 2017?

dare

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

How many users did the Hillary toxx wipe out?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
a lot.

Also is there a reason that the Patreon is for Gaming Garbage and not literally just "pay me to keep the forums open"?

like that's about all he'd have to do. Just set a minimum monthly goal for keeping the forums open and it'd probably immediately hit that goal.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
he should do a patreon where we pay him to be a decent human being

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

George posted:

he should do a patreon where we pay him to be a decent human being

quote:

Patreon is for artists, creators, and people who bring ideas... Don’t put up fake pages or collect money for things you’re not actually doing.

:colbert:

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Reminder the D&D mods were going to let Hillary toxxers off the hook but lowtax saw how much rereg money he was going to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

eric posted:

Reminder the D&D mods were going to let Hillary toxxers off the hook but lowtax saw how much rereg money he was going to lose.

good.

what the gently caress do they think a toxx even is

• Locked thread