Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

The breakout industry Canada needs is farming WOW gold and conquering EVE Online

Wts isk, serious post good rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
e: https://twitter.com/RickAnderson/status/868592358753021952

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 27, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

infernal machines posted:

Let us know if your paychecks clear. If they offer to pay you in butts, make for the exit.

Annual Salary: 12 BTC

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm a little surprised Scheer is so high in the first round

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

attackmole posted:

7 years of pure math without additional business or coding skills didn't exactly make me a hot target

My wife was 2 years into her 4 year advanced mathematics degree at UW when she asked the career counsellors what she could actually use her math degree for and they all went "IDK get more degrees and teach, I guess" :shrug: so she switched to a three year general degree ground that out real quick and then went to some women in skilled trades course and now she's a construction foreman.

She says the only good thing she got out of her degree was me because she ended up working in my office for her co-op :3:

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm a little surprised Scheer is so high in the first round
They put a goldbug in first place, I think everyone there is high.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That's a lot closer than a comfortable victory for Bernier. This might get interesting, which is good because it might get the Cons at each others throats. HOW DARE YOU VOTE DOWN OUR FOSSILIZED HOMOPHOBE etc etc

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Go Bernier! I love hearing a Quebecer poo poo on Bombardier!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yes, a man who has a major policy platform to essentially kill universal health care. That'll go over well with the average Canadian voter given the poo poo thats happening in the US.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Given how we lag behind the US we've got at least a couple terms of our own 'leftist' poster boy to get through before we finally get sick and loving tired of corporate whore neo-liberals and go about electing our own conservative monster.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 9, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sounds good to me, gently caress the cons

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 10, 2022

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Hey guys let's hope the terrible candidate wins so our side easily beats them in the real election. That's never gone wrong before.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Something about Scheer being the former Speaker just rubs me the wrong way.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 9, 2022

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

EngineerJoe posted:

Hey guys let's hope the terrible candidate wins so our side easily beats them in the real election. That's never gone wrong before.
Stockwell Day was a beautiful gift from the heavens and I won't have you say otherwise

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

apatheticman posted:

Yes, a man who has a major policy platform to essentially kill universal health care. That'll go over well with the average Canadian voter given the poo poo thats happening in the US.

As far as I can tell, he's basically allowing the provinces to hang their own selves with regard to universal healthcare by taking away the federal government's main tool for guaranteeing compliance with the Canada Health Act. That's not really the same as killing UHC -- if such a thing were to happen in any specific provinces, it would still be the full responsibility of those provincial governments for doing it.

That being said, I'm not a fan of his plan even so, I think you're just being a bit alarmist about it.

EDIT: I hate socons more than libertarians though, so I'm all aboard Le Tren Maxime at least for leadership of the CPC. Then I'll probably vote for Trudeau again in a general election, because he is a Cool and Good Leader :v:

PT6A fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 28, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Funkdreamer posted:

Stockwell Day was a beautiful gift from the heavens and I won't have you say otherwise

*rides into thread on a Jet Ski* Did I hear someone talking about Stockwell Day? :cool:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Funkdreamer posted:

In hindsight, sure, but idiots can be elected when the stars align and I'd rather have Bernier as Prime Minister than Leech or Trost.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I'm not sure the libertarian death cultist is really the "good" candidate though

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

In hindsight, sure, but idiots can be elected when the stars align and I'd rather have Bernier as Prime Minister than Leech or Trost.

Are you sure? Bernier's already proven he'll do whatever to get social conservative votes, like turning on C-16. Really I agree with Peter MacKay: the Cons are forgetting all the things Harper did to make a big tent, and it'll be fun to see them go into the wilderness even more.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I am pleased to see that it appears Kellie Leitch will be exiled back to her home beneath the waves at least.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 9, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
When is round 2 done?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Harper II: Electric Scheergaloo.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 10, 2022

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Fuckin' Scheer.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

What the hell happened

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
https://twitter.com/RosieBarton/status/868621378479681537

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I didn't know that Scheer has been an MP for nearly 13 years, since he was 25. Has he accomplished anything of note during that time, besides being a lovely speaker of the house?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
No way

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lmao what the hell

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Yup he's giving his acceptance speech live on cbc

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Who the living gently caress is Andrew Scheer

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Literally the person I wanted to win the least.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Who the living gently caress is Andrew Scheer

The Conservative Justin Trudeau?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
"Andrew Sheer! Sounds great! Not only is he a great conservative, but even liberals and NDP will vote for the guy, cause he's kinda' cute and cuddly, and photogenic too!"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BGrifter posted:

"Andrew Sheer! Sounds great! Not only is he a great conservative, but even liberals and NDP will vote for the guy, cause he's kinda' cute and cuddly, and photogenic too!"

So, yeah, the Conservative Justin Trudaeu.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In the brief time I've taken to research this man, it seems like his biggest policy plank by a wide margin is tilting at windmills about campus free speech.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

McGavin posted:

So, yeah, the Conservative Justin Trudaeu.

With a dash if Paul Ryan in their hopes and dreams,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

He's a creationist. Not sure what else needs to be said.