Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The real brain teaser that will keep you up is whether FW is going to keep using the same scale for future infantry HH releases or whether the Primaris will turn out to be a stealth whole-line upscale like everyone thinks. Which is going to be super fun, because they've inherited the AoS "tiny head" syndrome a bit so we'll have entire armies of lanky kongs.

Also, working on my Toxx still after losing family, losing a house, losing a car and regaining two of those in the space of three months. It's been slow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The real brain teaser that will keep you up is whether FW is going to keep using the same scale for future infantry HH releases or whether the Primaris will turn out to be a stealth whole-line upscale like everyone thinks. Which is going to be super fun, because they've inherited the AoS "tiny head" syndrome a bit so we'll have entire armies of lanky kongs.

Also, working on my Toxx still after losing family, losing a house, losing a car and regaining two of those in the space of three months. It's been slow!

Some of us haven't even unbagged ours. Word is, some people haven't even purchased theirs.

You're fine :ssh:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ghazk posted:

It might be too much to add at this point, but I like my seeker squads to have more than a cupola combi-plas, and their proteus to have an augury web and multi melta. Makes them a major threat to anything on turn 1.

It is!

Played against a Mastodon full of termies and firedrakes and a kharybidis with Vulkan and a command squad.

I shot up the Mastodon ok but was unable to kill it the first turn so this happened:

Firedrakes were unable to pop the Proteus and the termies punched up my two tac Rhinos. Fancy termies failed a charge against the Leviathan, which stomped in and did some work.

Then this happened:

That was pretty much the end for me. All 2+ infantry, a primarch and a LoW is a rough matchup for all of my high volume low AP shooting- I probably should have bunkered up a little and tried to spend more time shooting the Mastodon, then just forced ten million armor saves on him and hoped to get enough 1's.

Props: Ironwing seekers shooting template shots (12 small blasts on tightly packed firedrakes was great), tac marines shooting bolters, the scorpius.

Slops: Sicaran Venator whiffed on every shot, I need to build my laser vindicators.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Nice pictures mate. Vulkan gonna give it to ya.

Roll on Warhammer fest. I for one welcome our new 8th ed overlords.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Man, you played one motherfucker of a list.

I would treat you better!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, how many points was that? In what world do you get to bring Vulkan and a Mastodon?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
In hindsight his list wasn't legal, since Primarchs Chosen doesn't let you take a LoW. Whatever, I'll give poo poo about it next time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That and you can't even take a Mastodon until 2800 points. :v:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Nothing wrong with a little friendly cheating

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Hixson posted:

Nothing wrong with a little friendly cheating

Yeah this. Now I know for next time! I'll take his mastodon and run it over with my car and then gently lick his tears from his cheeks.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Talk poo poo, get hit (with a hammer)

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
It's called warhammer for a reason imo.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Poor TKWG. Plays with a ham outside the PNW crew and they cheat worse than panascope

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 26, 2017

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I apologize to you, Panascope. You aren't that great a cheater because you haven't snuck a mastodon onto the table before. I guess you're allrite

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

Poor TKWG. Plays with a ham outside the PNW crew and they cheat worse than panascope

I would have thought you guys trained him to expect this?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cheating a 700 point model onto the table is a challenge I'm willing to accept.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

tl;dr so far:

Alan Bligh is dead. Not kidding, he died of cancer.

7th ed HH specific rulebook is being released.

Thunderhawk in resin is p. cool.

New Sicaran turrets.

Custodes terminators.

Valdor is sculpted.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lord Twisted posted:

tl;dr so far:

7th ed HH specific rulebook is being released.

Thunderhawk in resin is p. cool.

New Sicaran turrets.

Custodes terminators.

Valdor is sculpted.

drat, :rip:. That sucks.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
:rip: Bligh :cry:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Good bye Bligh, you did well :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Lord Twisted posted:

Wait, what? gently caress :(

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
ADB on Bligh's death:

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2017/05/27/alan-bligh/

The feels, man, the feels.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

Good bye Bligh, you did well :(

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alan Bligh :smith:

Bligh's shaped FW releases for years and 30k was pretty much his pet project. He always seemed like a passionate, knowledgeable dude in interviews and panels. His loss is definitely going to be felt. He was a good ham.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

quote:

Regarding Horus Heresy Book Eight: Angelus, they had this to say about its contents:

The Blood Angels Legion
The Dark Angels Legion
Daemons
The Dark Mechanicum
The Night Lords Legion
Several narratives detailing the campaigns and battles of the Blood Angels and the Dark Angels through the early
Horus Heresy and the Age of Darkness.
Signus Prime
The Thramas Crusade
The Persecution of Sarum
The Siege of Baal
The Passage of the Angel of Death
Background and history for the Dark Angels and Blood Angels
The Rise of the Dark Mechanicum
Daemons and Diabolism in the Horus Heresy!
New rules for the:
Blood Angels and Dark Angels
Night Lords
Dark Mechanicum
Daemon units

panascope fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 27, 2017

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those alternate Sicarans look awesome. Very unconventional (other than the dual plasma).

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
They're already going to be transferring a lot of their models to the 8th ed ruleset, wonder why they're making HH permanently 7th edition.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I feel bad complaining about 30k delays now, knowing that they were probably because the lead had cancer.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

To be honest if Bligh had cancer... I can imagine that slowing things down internally.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It is tragic that Alan Bligh had cancer, but don't feel bad for levelling criticism at the company for putting out a lovely product.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

chutche2 posted:

They're already going to be transferring a lot of their models to the 8th ed ruleset, wonder why they're making HH permanently 7th edition.

Most likely to avoid having to rewrite a half-dozen $100 books in the next 6 months

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Even if there is an eventual move to 8th, knowing for sure what is going on makes me feel a lot better. I am sure we have at least 2 or 3 more years of 7.5, so I am happy buying the new printings of the red books now. I have been holding off on anything Horus Heresy related other than painting up basic troops that were going to see play whatever they decided to do.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

A lot of the rumors were along the lines of "AoS is the entry level game, 40k is the mainstream game, HH is the grog game." I think it makes sense from that perspective.

RIP Bligh, hope the cancer wasn't from too much resin dust.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

With the future of Horus Heresy finally revealed to be the prophesied 7.5 I feel like I can finally start working on building a list. How does this look as a solid base to build from? 4 scoring units is pretty handy, and I plan to add a lot of the toys when I move to 3000 points.

++ The Age of Darkness (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legion Champion [120pts]: Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Chainsword or Combat Blade, Charnabal Sabre, Sonic Shrieker
. Consul: Legion Champion

Legion Praetor [335pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Sonic Shrieker
. Legion Command Squad: 5x Charnabal Sabre, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [200pts]
. Legion Contemptor Dreadnought: Twin-Linked Lascannon

Legion Terminator Squad [473pts]: Land Raider Phobos, Terminator Armour
. Legion Terminator Sergeant: Combi-Weapon, Grenade Harness, Phoenix Spear
. Legion Terminators: Combi-Weapon, Power Fist

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [210pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines
. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Legion Vexilla
. Legion Tactical Sergeant: Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear

Legion Tactical Squad [210pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines
. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters, Legion Vexilla
. Legion Tactical Sergeant: Chainsword/Combat Blade, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear

Legion Tactical Support Squad [207pts]: Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 8x Legion Space Marines
. Additional Wargear: Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade
. Entire Squad may exchange their Flamers for:: Volkite Charger
. Legion Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Volkite Charger

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Outrider Squad [90pts]: 3x Legion Space Marine Outrider

Legion Seeker Squad [155pts]: 4x Legion Seeker Space Marines

+ Allegiance +

Legiones Astartes: III: Emperor's Children, Traitor

Rite of War: The Maru Skara

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Completed :toxx:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm glad we are staying 7th edition just because it seems like a suitably groggy outcome for Warhammer 30k historical battle players.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So if the rules aren't really changing, and the army lists aren't changing, it's still marksmen vets or nothing.

Kind of sucks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This rules.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TKIY posted:

So if the rules aren't really changing, and the army lists aren't changing, it's still marksmen vets or nothing.

Kind of sucks.

Same. I was hoping jumping to 8th would shake up the meta at least a little.

I'm not even talking like tourney-level poo poo, Marksmen Vets are so good you're actively gimping yourself not taking them, and that kind of balance sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

SteelMentor posted:

Same. I was hoping jumping to 8th would shake up the meta at least a little.

I'm not even talking like tourney-level poo poo, Marksmen Vets are so good you're actively gimping yourself not taking them, and that kind of balance sucks.

As someone who plays in lots of events both narrative and competitive and just beerhammer I was getting pretty desperate for a breath of fresh air in 30k. There is a large and growing list of straight up retarded poo poo in heresy that is just going to continue to pile up same way 7th edition 40k did. I moved away from 40k because of all the broken and spammy stuff and the last 12 months of 30k gaming I have seen this style sweep into heresy. Oh well at least this gives me a heading on what to sell and what to buy this year. I am going to run haywire and vultarax spam with no mercy and when marines players cry I will whisper in their ear "8th edition would have saved you"