Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

everydayfalls posted:

Remember that one time Texas totally did secede over the right to own people. That was pretty hilarious! It's a book about that.

They did it twice! That's why they left Mexico, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DancingShade posted:

Question:

What's worse - being in Putin's pocket or being in the House of Saud's pocket?

Trick question, obviously you would take payments from both.

Don't forget Turkey!

Cool half million to get the US military to do nothing while ISIS kills Kurds? Bargain.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
has anybody investigated the trump campaign to figure out if they have ties to america yet

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Dex posted:

has anybody investigated the trump campaign to figure out if they have ties to america yet

I don't believe they do.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Powerlifters win competitions by picking poo poo up, not by slowly lowering things down like Bodybuilders. :v:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ak Gara posted:

Powerlifters win competitions by picking poo poo up, not by slowly lowering things down like Bodybuilders. :v:

They're both good hobbies and they have their fans I guess but saying body-building is a sport is really disingenuous

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

syscall girl posted:

They're both good hobbies and they have their fans I guess but saying body-building is a sport is really disingenuous

Hey, injecting anabolic steroids takes some tricky hand-eye coordination when your muscles interfere with joint movement.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

syscall girl posted:

ITS JUST as much of a sport as juggling!!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/868354444844384256

:ironicat:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

more like oldgainsless

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Not to ruin the 'freude, but that's a scene from the awesome 1974 movie "Earthquake!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkPD1_giwgY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't understand this. the timestamps seem all our of order?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Sagebrush posted:

i don't understand this. the timestamps seem all our of order?

it still works in any order, point being that it seems kind dumb to try and punch down on people when you seem to be in their exact same position

:thejoke:

Also, she's rather pathetic.

...okay.

dunno if you can still be a 'neofascist' when Mommy and Daddy make you get haircuts, dear

Coucho Marx has a new favorite as of 18:54 on May 27, 2017

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Who the gently caress is she that's she's verified though?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Scyantific posted:

I swear I saw that second one happen on an episode of People's Court on TV this past week (TV service sucks at work don't judge me)

So, how did they rule?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

DiggityDoink posted:

Who the gently caress is she that's she's verified though?

Any old dingus can be verified these days.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Any old dingus can be verified these days.

Except Lowtax.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Except Lowtax.

he just needs to use a real picture of himself in his profile, but he's got a victim complex

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

He's not real.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/SvrsrP6wx2Y

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nostradingus posted:

Except Lowtax.

He needs to get the correct person to verify him. Maybe someone like Uwe Boll.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

He needs to get the correct person to verify him. Maybe someone like Uwe Boll.

Lowtax is a verified bitch boy.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
like a fool I didn't watch the Uwe Boll v Lowtax fight for ages even though it's an important part of forums history. As a goon it's vital you see our owner prance around and get wrecked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

He recorded himself being beaten up by a filmmaker, while wearing a clown costume. Then the interview afterward the reporter is all "hey loser how's getting clocked in the head feel" and he goes for "want me to SHOW YOU" joke

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
IIRC Boll was an amateur boxer so Lowtax got off easy if anything.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cobweb Heart posted:

like a fool I didn't watch the Uwe Boll v Lowtax fight for ages even though it's an important part of forums history. As a goon it's vital you see our owner prance around and get wrecked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

He recorded himself being beaten up by a filmmaker, while wearing a clown costume. Then the interview afterward the reporter is all "hey loser how's getting clocked in the head feel" and he goes for "want me to SHOW YOU" joke

It's loving funny as hell that he didn't get that the german was going to be humorless as gently caress about it

I mean, honestly it should have been just a nice comedy celebrity charity w/e thing but what part about Boll was it exactly that made LT think he has a sense of humor?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I mean, the basis for the whole thing was Boll getting huffy at people saying his movies suck. Turns out he actually did want to punch the people he said he wanted to punch at the event premised on giving him a chance to punch them.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
http://www.indiewire.com/2012/09/filmmaker-joe-swanberg-and-critic-devin-faraci-clash-at-fantastic-fest-129296/

This is my favorite "dorks mad online fight in real life" because the guy I like both beat the poo poo out of the other dude and was better at arguing his point. Here's the moneyquote for people who don't want to click through.

loser posted:

Joe, you’re right, you have made more films than most other American filmmakers. Hitler killed more Jews than most other people, but that doesn’t make [AUDIENCE BOOING DROWNS OUT THE END OF DEVIN’S COMMENT].

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

doverhog posted:

IIRC Boll was an amateur boxer so Lowtax got off easy if anything.

Yeah Boll has a habit of challenges anybody that says his movies suck to a boxing match as he is, in fact, an actual amateur boxer. Lowtax apparently thought he wasn't being serious and it would be a silly show fight so he didn't train, hammed up a lot of stuff, and just treated the whole thing like it was stupid.

Boll for his part is dead loving serious and apparently thinks you can punch an opinion into somebody's head. Or that kicking the rear end of somebody that thinks his movies suck makes them actually good? To be honest I'm not sure what the gently caress Boll is going for. I've also never watched one of his movies but I have yet to hear a single person who has actually say something positive about them so I'll assume his movies are absolute garbage.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Holy holy poo poo is his name not pronounced YOO BOWL?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/868565803410567168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This feels real loving good.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Boll actually has opened a very good restaurant in Canada. They do high end German good, and it is very well done. They are close to a Michelin I think.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

everydayfalls posted:

Remember that one time Texas totally did secede over the right to own people. That was pretty hilarious! It's a book about that.

Ah. Pretty weak burn, then. We're talking about all the threats to secede after that failed first time but hey, you keep doing you :tipshat:

Cornjob
Jun 12, 2007

NOT AN ACTOR

Not cool. First link is someone prolly dying, not to mention people getting beheaded.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cornjob posted:

Not cool. First link is someone prolly dying, not to mention people getting beheaded.

Yeah, the liveleak comments and the witness behavior on video suggests that the guy died instantly.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c06_1438783075

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That kayak one is loving gold though

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Cornjob posted:

Why'd you include it in your quote then, instead of editing it out?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah Boll has a habit of challenges anybody that says his movies suck to a boxing match as he is, in fact, an actual amateur boxer. Lowtax apparently thought he wasn't being serious and it would be a silly show fight so he didn't train, hammed up a lot of stuff, and just treated the whole thing like it was stupid.

Boll for his part is dead loving serious and apparently thinks you can punch an opinion into somebody's head. Or that kicking the rear end of somebody that thinks his movies suck makes them actually good? To be honest I'm not sure what the gently caress Boll is going for. I've also never watched one of his movies but I have yet to hear a single person who has actually say something positive about them so I'll assume his movies are absolute garbage.

I remember reading an article about how Boll's movies were made mostly for accounting reasons. Like, the studios got a tax benefit for doing them or something like that. So, I'm pretty sure he knew they were garbage. Beating someone up can be it's own reward. :madmax:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cornjob posted:

Your emotional pain is my 'freude. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Boll actually has opened a very good restaurant in Canada. They do high end German good, and it is very well done. They are close to a Michelin I think.

And if anyone gave two shits about whatever German cuisine is this would mean something.