Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

Delthea still has her uses, like auraing guys, but in a ltc run (which is the only point where a tier list even matters) she's insanely unlikely to even get seraphim, much less promote or get ragnarok. Especially since mages have low move and Alm's maps are filled with archers and his dungeosn are filled with gargoyles. Actually, you definitely aren't bringing her into dungeons.

Est is fine, though. She flies and Celica's route is Celica's route.

what does ltc mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

mandatory lesbian posted:

what does ltc mean

Low turn count

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

what does ltc mean

Low Turn Count, beating the map with as little turns as possible.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

OK whoever recommended I get Archer Atlas a Killer Bow for the Hunter's Volley art, thank you. It single-handedly turned him from "dead weight" to "Enemy Delete Button." Speed problem? What speed problem? He just kills poo poo!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Silver Falcon posted:

OK whoever recommended I get Archer Atlas a Killer Bow for the Hunter's Volley art, thank you. It single-handedly turned him from "dead weight" to "Enemy Delete Button." Speed problem? What speed problem? He just kills poo poo!

To be fair, that's not really exclusive to Atlas. Anyone who can use a Killer Bow should probably be doing so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If anything, Atlas benefits the most from the Merc line just because he has the best strength growth of the mercs on Celica's side.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Everyone in this thread sings Mae's praises which makes me even more sad that mine turned out to be hot garbage. She has less speed than my Boey :smith:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

Everyone in this thread sings Mae's praises which makes me even more sad that mine turned out to be hot garbage. She has less speed than my Boey :smith:

bad beats man, but that's rng for ya

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

LightningSquid posted:

She can actually still be alright if you support her with Boey and just park him in her vicinity whenever she's Thundering or Auraing someone, since he gives accuracy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mae still has way better spells, especially Seraphim that's always useful.

edit:

Cipher knows what every Gray is

Tae fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 27, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Are there limits to how many times a character can support with other characters like in FE7?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hunt11 posted:

Are there limits to how many times a character can support with other characters like in FE7?

No

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

I really hope that mages having unique spell lists is something the series continues with.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Wait, Atlas is supposed to be a slow starter? I made him a merc asap, and his stats were comparable/better than my Kamui at like lv5 or 6

Then the first random battle I got into with him was one with a single dude spamming summons. I parked Atlas on the bridge with the blessed sword + a healer behind him, then just sat back and watched wave after wave of zombies run into his face and die.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CORN NOG posted:

Wait, Atlas is supposed to be a slow starter? I made him a merc asap, and his stats were comparable/better than my Kamui at like lv5 or 6

Then the first random battle I got into with him was one with a single dude spamming summons. I parked Atlas on the bridge with the blessed sword + a healer behind him, then just sat back and watched wave after wave of zombies run into his face and die.

Atlas has good growths except in speed (25%), but the way Echoes works is that his speed issues are fixed by the merc line because no matter how bad your luck is, he will have minimum 18 speed as a Dread Fighter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there some hidden catch to the lightning sword beyond the fact it does not grow with your character?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hunt11 posted:

Is there some hidden catch to the lightning sword beyond the fact it does not grow with your character?

No. Enemies scale with res more than your dudes though and chapter 4 maps are almost all mages/dread fighters which make it functionally useless.

Really great for the early/midgame though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's still more than enough non-Res enemies and Foudroyant is still one of the best skills in the game.

The thing is, there's not much competition for swords in Alm's army outside of that shadow sword you can change things into. I think there's literally no other sword user outside of another merc on the team.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Tae posted:

There's still more than enough non-Res enemies and Foudroyant is still one of the best skills in the game.

The thing is, there's not much competition for swords in Alm's army outside of that shadow sword you can change things into. I think there's literally no other sword user outside of another merc on the team.

Yeah, you need to promote villagers to get Swordies for Alm. Merc for the guys and girla get them at tier 2 mage if you really want Faye to have a sword she'll never use.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Idk my baron Forsythe does a lot better than Lukas owing to his resistance and 1 hit kills.

Story wise: dang there's a lot of implied rape in this game for a FE game

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hunt11 posted:

Even without it growing, it's still the only ranged Sword that anyone not named Alm or Celica (Who get Scendscale and Ragnarok Omega respectively) can use, so it's still worthwhile well past the growth limit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

On normal mode, the fight against Nuibaba STILL has no Anti-flier archers, and the section on the bottom right has no soldiers at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

On normal mode, the fight against Nuibaba STILL has no Anti-flier archers, and the section on the bottom right has no soldiers at all.

I think the soldiers at the bottom right might only show up if you fight her when there's another enemy unit on that space.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

trying to beat the mathilda map by warping kliff onto a supply square really backfired hard the second I realized he was one rounding literally every unit

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

at least python got his last level before promotion and actually managed to double someone for the first time in his life

proud of that boy

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The Mathilda map seems really dependent on which enemies decide to attack Mathilda versus which ones attack your army. There must be a trick to getting them to attack you rather than her, because I don't think it's possible to wipe out all the enemies by turn 6.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nrook posted:

The Mathilda map seems really dependent on which enemies decide to attack Mathilda versus which ones attack your army. There must be a trick to getting them to attack you rather than her, because I don't think it's possible to wipe out all the enemies by turn 6.

Well, you could always have Faye use physic to solve your problems.

Faye is pretty good at taking AND saving lives in Alm's name.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I have a lot of regrets about not making Faye a cleric right now, yeah.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

nrook posted:

I have a lot of regrets about not making Faye a cleric right now, yeah.

same, her defense growth didnt come through for me and I'm reallllly feeling the lack of a physic caster in chapter 4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

nrook posted:

You just need to push up quickly pretty sure most of the enemies target your army before her. For me she was only really being targeted by the conjured terrors and they do like 2 damage with only a 60% chance to hit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Agean90 posted:

same, her defense growth didnt come through for me and I'm reallllly feeling the lack of a physic caster in chapter 4

You also regret not making Tobin a mage.

You do eventually get a Physic healer in chapter 4 :shrug:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had no problem keeping Mathilda alive. The terrrors cant do poo poo to her. My bigger problem was Desaix parking his fat rear end on the bridge.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tae posted:

You also regret not making Tobin a mage.

You do eventually get a Physic healer in chapter 4 :shrug:

bull poo poo I regret making tobin a soldier, dude has 18 speed and just as much defense. on reason I can't use him to tank whole armies is my lack of a physic caster.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can rename falchion

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just started Celice's path. Should I worry if Leon dies?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

Just started Celice's path. Should I worry if Leon dies?

yes, he's your only archer in celica's entire route, and celica really wants an archer.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
leon is my pretty boy, please don't kill him

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

you can rename falchion

Sadly, there isn't enough room for "Pointy demonspanker."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thank god for the rewind turn ability then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

nrook posted:

You can use Silque's Warp to get Lukas on the chokepoint ASAP so some of the archers will start attacking him instead. Or maybe have Clair fly around in the archers' range to lure them away from Mathilda.

• Locked thread