Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Spike grenade opening on 618

https://youtu.be/0tONdtHRXGk

[Extremely east side boyz voice] 618, drat you're great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Amazon prime members getting 20% off on digital and physical pre-orders right now, all three platforms apparently.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-preorder-20-percent-off/

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really wish I had played D1

it seems like a lot of neat content reading about it

can someone tell me about a cool raid

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
none of the raids are cool it's a pretty lovely fps version of some WoW crap. don't stand in the fire and fight bullet sponges for a few hours, wow how exciting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gosh

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
All the raids are cool, and only become less cool when you do them over and over like all PvE content.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

eonwe posted:

https://youtu.be/wKVlJdQgiEI

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
There's one with robots and another where you fight a giant guy

They're good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Don't listen to that doofus, the raids were really neat and felt really epic when they were new. It's better than WoW poo poo because you are actively engaging with the game the whole time instead of mashing hot keys and waiting for cooldowns with generic MMO gameplay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I try not to overthink my fun, thx drnutt

sounds fun!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

eonwe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmUpxJnins

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I will watch the vids soon!!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

6 is a good number.

Is low enough that you can fill it with people you know or people somebody know. low enough that friendly banter is possible. big enough theres different people.

most people I played with there adults with responsibilities, and is nice to have something where adults can get together and have fun. Adults are chill.

the raids where long enough you can do half before is time to sleep, and the whole raid if you have more time and or a good team.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

texaholic posted:

Amazon prime members getting 20% off on digital and physical pre-orders right now, all three platforms apparently.

https://gamerant.com/destiny-2-preorder-20-percent-off/

Doesn't work for the deluxe/season pass editions, and also seems like the page for digital PS4 version doesn't exist.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Eonwe there are really funny jumping puzzles too, in kings fall especially, there's one where you grab an Orb and run it across the tops of a series of pillars before dunking it on a bad guy, but: the person who gets the Orb is randomly chosen so if you're running the raid the first time everyone has to talk them through it. And everyone is laffin and carrying on and having a good time. Definitely one of my favorite game experiences :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love jump puzzles

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

I love jump puzzles

Falling to your death constantly and cracking up on jump puzzles is part of the Destiny raid experience and I will be extremely sad if they don't make a return in Destiny 2. It's always fun to run through the tomb ships on an alt when you've forgotten how to use their jump.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny is a solid B game that becomes an A+ if you run with bros that each have a major and fatal personality flaw but are all good natured about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny is a solid B game that becomes an A+ if you run with bros that each have a major and fatal personality flaw but are all good natured about it

looks like I would fit right in

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

I give 0 fucks about pve cause lol if you cant clear everything but pvp needs to not br a miss

I'd rather opposite, gently caress the flaming garbage fire that PvP has been in this game, its never been good and its only gotten worse as the years have gone by, I honestly pine for the days of 2 tap thorn and Felwinters lie at this point, there's also how PvP changes affect PvE as well, that pisses me off the most, just keep that poo poo separate.

Sincerely hope they have the tiniest possible skeleton crew working on PvP poo poo for D2 and that they learned to keep balance changes separate.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Separate balancing, I get the argument, but what a lovely loving reality to either have to have double the guns or be forced into reconciling two separate gun feels for a single gun and be made to adapt to range and damage changes on the fly. That legit sucks, and if inventory and Vault size weren't things, I'd be more chill with that, but I think it's a bad idea.

Pretty sure people at the D2 event said ranges felt different in pvp and pve so my hopes are probably already dashed. Whatever.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
give me dumb gay babby SWAT mode

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I watched the vids, thx all

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

give me dumb gay babby SWAT mode

gross

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

el B posted:

That's a nice spot

*makes mental note*

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cvnvcnv posted:

Separate balancing, I get the argument, but what a lovely loving reality to either have to have double the guns or be forced into reconciling two separate gun feels for a single gun and be made to adapt to range and damage changes on the fly. That legit sucks, and if inventory and Vault size weren't things, I'd be more chill with that, but I think it's a bad idea.

Pretty sure people at the D2 event said ranges felt different in pvp and pve so my hopes are probably already dashed. Whatever.

I just wish I had done Jolly Holiday when TLW was still a beast and not dogshit compared to my Eyesluna or an average pulse. The rebalancing patches have hit PVP like violent mood swings.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

cvnvcnv posted:

I dont mind a range adjustment between Pvp and E. That strike was massive and that pvp map was tiny it makes sense.

But yeah i hope theu don't gently caress with anything else. Getting cool guns in pve to kill cunts with in pvp is fun

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All they need to do is make use of the "damage to non guardian enemies" or whatever the gently caress they did with shotguns doing 100% more in pve during HoW.

If they lower damage just increase it ast the same rate in pve. That way pve balance and the behaviour of the weapon doesnt change.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Speaking of funny openings, from a bone krew private match:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/31703889

I have named it: The Prick's Gambit

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

I dont mind a range adjustment between Pvp and E. That strike was massive and that pvp map was tiny it makes sense.

But yeah i hope theu don't gently caress with anything else. Getting cool guns in pve to kill cunts with in pvp is fun

I feel like the question becomes then, would each weapon individually have pvp and pve stats or would every weapon be hit by a blanket percentage change? Individual seems excessive and a database nightmare so chances are high that Bungie would choose this, but if everything gets hit the same it really seems to me like pvp and pvp alone would be the test of if a weapon is worth a poo poo at all because take it to pve, it'd merely be the same but a lot better. Trying to discern that going pve --> pvp would get you caught with your pants down.

Watch there be a strike or story mission on a pvp or pvp-size map that then becomes the default everyone runs the living poo poo out of when wanting to train with weapons for Crucible, outside Crucible.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like fun but I don't have any personality flaws so sorry if it's hard to play with me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Sounds like fun but I don't have any personality flaws so sorry if it's hard to play with me.

actually yours is you're too humble

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Sin's wife 4 da duck

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/0bdbhfA.gifv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

get dunked on

How!
Oct 29, 2009

This thread makes me regret having a ps4. The fun goons seem to be on xbox.

I hope fun goons buy d2.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
there are plenty of fun goons on PS4 we just aren't egomaniacs who constantly about our dicks

not that there is anything wrong with that, at all, in fact

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

there are plenty of fun goons on PS4 we just aren't egomaniacs who constantly about our dicks

not that there is anything wrong with that, at all, in fact

Oh yeah, I assumed they just weren't playing because they dont constantly post. I'll try to play with ps4 guys for d2.

Not that constantly posting is a bad thing either,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Where did Jackson go? Isn't he in jail, or something? :smith: I hope he gets to enjoy D2.