Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Flesh Forge posted:

They probably have a reasonable defamation case, even though the story is about the dead guy Fox made a lot of noise about how the family members were trying to cover it up.

Didn't that fat sack of poo poo try to email them to try and create false evidence? I'm pretty sure that's at least Stalking if not harassment of the whole family to try and turn them into the next Vilerat's Mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

Fox news downfall will pull cnn / msnbc and the likes to the right as they try to attrack whats left of its dying viewerbase, wich will in turn accelerate their own demise
Hm yes this is an interesting point about the death of the right, which is always good and fun.

hannity, altought right about the seth rich case,
*checks post name*
Ohhhh right I forgot about you.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fox news downfall will pull cnn / msnbc and the likes to the right as they try to attrack whats left of its dying viewerbase, wich will in turn accelerate their own demise. hannity, altought right about the seth rich case, is just another neocon establishment tool. I hope they fire him. The death of legacy corporate media cannot come soon enough

24 hour news and the cable in general is running on fumes. I mean the 24 hour stations aren't as screwed as ESPN with billion dollar legacy contracts but I wouldn't bet on them to all be around like they are in 10 years.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crabtree posted:

Didn't that fat sack of poo poo try to email them to try and create false evidence? I'm pretty sure that's at least Stalking if not harassment of the whole family to try and turn them into the next Vilerat's Mom.

The guy who did that is already a wanted criminal.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Crabtree posted:

Kim Dot Com is just some fat guy hiding in New Zealand, he's a little harder to sue successfully, but I doubt Rich's family would have a hard time finding a lawyer to go against Fox.

e: Fox treating him as a credible source is probably good evidence for them actually lol

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Fox news downfall will pull cnn / msnbc and the likes to the right as they try to attrack whats left of its dying viewerbase, wich will in turn accelerate their own demise. hannity, altought right about the seth rich case, is just another neocon establishment tool. I hope they fire him. The death of legacy corporate media cannot come soon enough

So close. So close!

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/868611037985222656
Yes yes yes fire a bunch of people. I don't think anything bad can happen to a bunch of newly unemployed disgruntled officials who know everything :allears:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TremorX posted:

It probably is because of the handshake, he's just that loving petty.
He put Scott loving Pruitt in charge of the EPA, why would he maintain a climate deal if he was willing to do that?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868616067517730816

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It sure seems to me like they are shook over this. Usually they would put out a strong denial.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Spaced God posted:

Yes yes yes fire a bunch of people. I don't think anything bad can happen to a bunch of newly unemployed disgruntled officials who know everything :allears:
There's a story like this every week. He's too much of a pussy to fire people.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Spaced God posted:

quote:

The White House is seriously considering abandoning traditional White House press briefings as well.

"Trump does not find value in them anymore," a source close to the White House told CBS News. "While Spicer has high ratings, it's difficult to get the message out to the clutter and it's serving as a device to beat him up."

One consideration being thrown around is the possibility of Mr. Trump himself holding a press conference every two weeks and reducing Spicer's press briefings down to once or twice a week.

PLEASE :LET THIS HAPPEN

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Admin's going to have such a culture shock when they have to start dealing with the US Press again this week after a week of foreign red carpets and off air briefings. I bet they try and stay silent until like Wednesday when the press starts grumbling about where Sean Spicer is.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

One consideration being thrown around is the possibility of Mr. Trump himself holding a press conference every two weeks and reducing Spicer's press briefings down to once or twice a week.

Oh, this.. Yes, please, do this.

Please.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

PLEASE :LET THIS HAPPEN

No, because the end result will be him making an excuse not to be there every two weeks and we'd have no briefing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

The Admin's going to have such a culture shock when they have to start dealing with the US Press again this week after a week of foreign red carpets and off air briefings. I bet they try and stay silent until like Wednesday when the press starts grumbling about where Sean Spicer is.
Trump's going to be loving miserable when he no longer has everyone kissing his rear end to be diplomatic, and he has to deal with the truckload of scandals and Americans in general hating him.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Spaced God posted:

I've heard about this "big shakeup" for a while, but actually, Trump seems to be very reticient about changing staff. The only person who has really been fired is Michael Flynn. Other than that, some minor reshuffling.

I am not saying it can't happen, I am just saying that I don't really think it will happen until it does, because there have been so many mess-ups that have gone totally unchallenged.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The "Trump will hold a press conference every two weeks" thing is so doomed for a variety of reasons but the one most likely to make it never ever happen is that after like 4 days of no press briefings there will be such a backlog of scandals and loaded questions the press is screaming that there's no loving way they'll let Trump be the one spearheading their response to them after another week of build.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

just lol @ calculating that hannity gets more viewers than the population of the united states and not thinking twice before posting

yeah...shows how much I was paying attention.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pants Donkey posted:

Trump's going to be loving miserable when he no longer has everyone kissing his rear end to be diplomatic, and he has to deal with the truckload of scandals and Americans in general hating him.

I feel like there's a 50/50 chance there's an official White House statement that the President is depressed by how mean the US media is and needs them to be nicer like the Middle East press.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It seems like a major flaw in our system that signing a treaty requires the legislature to approve but breaking one doesn't.

Or is this even a treaty?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Kim Dot Com is just some fat guy hiding in New Zealand, he's a little harder to sue successfully, but I doubt Rich's family would have a hard time finding a lawyer to go against Fox.

e: Fox treating him as a credible source is probably good evidence for them actually lol

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Kim Dot Com is the real life version of the insufferable self-important prick Jim Sterling pretends to be on the Jimquisition.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

RandomBlue posted:

No, because the end result will be him making an excuse not to be there every two weeks and we'd have no briefing.

Pants Donkey posted:

On the first day of his trip I'm pretty sure he said there probably will no longer be daily briefings, so we're already on the road to a silent WH

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

It seems like a major flaw in our system that signing a treaty requires the legislature to approve but breaking one doesn't.

Or is this even a treaty?

It isn't a treaty because congress wouldn't approve a treaty.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

The fact that there is no denial tells the public that there is truth to this. I am hoping this leads to some real consequence.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

glowing-fish posted:

I've heard about this "big shakeup" for a while, but actually, Trump seems to be very reticient about changing staff. The only person who has really been fired is Michael Flynn. Other than that, some minor reshuffling.

I am not saying it can't happen, I am just saying that I don't really think it will happen until it does, because there have been so many mess-ups that have gone totally unchallenged.

I think Trump's instincts are to fire underlings when there's a problem, if only to divert blame.

Issue is, all his current underlings are either too personally connected to fire (kushner), are actually doing a good job given the poo poo they're being handed so firing them would look pathetic and pointless (Spicer), or are too connected​ to Trump's public image or know too much already or both (Bannon).

Plus there's nobody to replace them with because nobody wants to immolate their careers (FBI director job).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
With the disregard they have for anything that isn't a codified requirement of the presidency, I'm honestly surprised we still have press briefings.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rinkles posted:

With the disregard they have for anything that isn't a codified requirement of the presidency, I'm honestly surprised we still have press briefings.

RATINGS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hastings posted:

The fact that there is no denial tells the public that there is truth to this. I am hoping this leads to some real consequence.

I mean, yeah, but I think the truer answer is that the POTUS, Ivanka, Kushner, and the inner circle aren't in the country and they've probably been hiding bad news from Donald so he didn't spout off about this stuff at the G7 and working full time to manage him so the guys left at home have absolutely no idea what to say.

But also, its clearly all true.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
All things considered, Donald, when I think "what I want from my government press briefings", high ratings are not on that list.

I want government to be something I skim over except when they do something extraordinarily good, so I can watch the people celebrate in the streets. Government shouldn't be run like an episode of the apprentice where I'm sitting there waiting to see how it ends.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress off, shithead.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

STAC Goat posted:

The "Trump will hold a press conference every two weeks" thing is so doomed for a variety of reasons but the one most likely to make it never ever happen is that after like 4 days of no press briefings there will be such a backlog of scandals and loaded questions the press is screaming that there's no loving way they'll let Trump be the one spearheading their response to them after another week of build.

The president only presser is straight out of Putin's Russia.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rinkles posted:

They've tried to gently caress with this but every time its blown up in their faces. They banned a bunch of news outlets like CNN and everyone, including Fox News, screamed bloody murder about it. Then they tried to do off air briefings and the reporters just recorded them and played the audio and it turned out to play even worse. They'll at some point try to end press briefings and now is a likely time but it will explode really quickly and they'll quickly give in and throw Spicer back to the wolves.

Realistically you just can't go media silent and let the media you've been trashing be the sole people driving the narrative and calling you secretive and afraid to answer questions. No matter how much they want to.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

RandomBlue posted:

Has there been a time in months that a spicer press thing has given any information of any sort to anyone? They exist solely for comedy at this point and there is no real difference if we lose them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Spicer's fumblings became the spectacle. Not the stories of Trump's supernal dogoodery.

I was never sure if Trump made the ratings comment sarcastically.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sky Shadowing posted:

All things considered, Donald, when I think "what I want from my government press briefings", high ratings are not on that list.

I want government to be something I skim over except when they do something extraordinarily good, so I can watch the people celebrate in the streets. Government shouldn't be run like an episode of the apprentice where I'm sitting there waiting to see how it ends.

And that's why you're not the President of the United States and he is. :smug:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rinkles posted:

Spicer's fumblings became the spectacle. Not the stories of Trump's supernal dogoodery.

I think Spicer actually did a fantastic job given the circumstances. Press Secretaries are supposed to deflect blame and absorb heat onto themselves. That's what he did and he did it while justifying the unjustifiable. A completely unenviable task.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

glowing-fish posted:

He hasn't really been that reluctant to fire Obama era staff, but there's only so many of those you can get rid of before you have nobody left who knows how to work the slide projector or whatever

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

It's one thing to watch the implosion of the US political system as a non-America, it's another when that implosion poses an existential threat to the rest of us. Come on, USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I was never sure if Trump made the ratings comment sarcastically.

He has talked about how important ratings are to him dozens of times, both before and after the election.

• Locked thread