Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you've ever thought, "I'd like to see the 1929 home movies of the man who helped invent the frozen food industry", here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-qSEHrhS9c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Kingsman is a Bond film taken to it's logical extreme.

Exactly. As a huge Bond fan, I adored what they did. It's hilarious.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Alien Covenant was solid

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Alien Covenant was solid

Yeah. I want to see it again, but I'm gonna have to wait for home video.

Oh man, "home video" makes me sound like an old person.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Snak posted:

Yeah. I want to see it again, but I'm gonna have to wait for home video.

Oh man, "home video" makes me sound like an old person.

David owns

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
David did nothing wrong.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The parts of Alien Covenant that are the robots doing Dead Ringers are great, everything else is tap water.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

Matthew Vaughn is one of my sprit directors.

I keep thinking people are referring to Michael Vartan, who plays Matthew Vaughn in Alias.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hat Thoughts posted:

If you've ever thought, "I'd like to see the 1929 home movies of the man who helped invent the frozen food industry", here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-qSEHrhS9c

There is no way that was his real name

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FishBulb posted:

My company occasionally subcontracts with a guy named Richard Cox.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Anyone seen War Machine? Maybe it's advertised wrong, but a lighthearted American comedy about how they hosed up in Afghanistan seems a bit tasteless.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
American Sniper should've been a comedy. Most war movies should be comedies.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Three Kings was a comedy.

Bad Boys 3 will probably be a war movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Look @ the uploader

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Oh don't get me wrong, war comedies can be great, and war movies can be funny. War Machine (again, from the trailers only) gives off the vibe of a sterile screwball comedy without any bite.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
https://gfycat.com/DisfiguredFineCoypu

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It's barely a comedy. It's like a screwball dramedy. It's also really dull.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

married but discreet posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, war comedies can be great, and war movies can be funny. War Machine (again, from the trailers only) gives off the vibe of a sterile screwball comedy without any bite.

And it should be with a bite. It should be an outright condemnation of how loving stupid the entire concept of "nation-building" is and how everyone from the very top all the way down signed off on it and all the stupid loving Reddit stories of troops trying to explain to remote Afghan villages why we were even there in the first place. The billions if not trillions of dollars burned on private contractors who did jack poo poo. The "magic Israeli bullets" story about why Afghan men don't aim down the sights. The bomb detector wand that was originally a golf ball detector which made millions. You could crank out five seasons of this poo poo with Pain & Gain's "This is still a true story" overlaid on top of it and you'd still have your doubters. It's a damnation of the entire military/intelligence establishment in Washington how much nightmarishly awful poo poo has gone down over the decades.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What was the first comedy movie based on a non comedy TV show, a la Baywatch and 21 Jump Street? Was it Dragnet?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When does the chest burster come out, this is taking forever.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lurdiak posted:

When does the chest burster come out, this is taking forever.

Nic Cage xenomorph sounds terrifying.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nic Cage xenomorph sounds terrifying.

I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN!

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

married but discreet posted:

Anyone seen War Machine? Maybe it's advertised wrong, but a lighthearted American comedy about how they hosed up in Afghanistan seems a bit tasteless.

It's a mashup of In the Loop and This is What Winning Looks Like, but done really straight and ponderously. Brad Pitt's performance is just Aldo Raine "for real".

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN! I'M AN ALIEN!

Cage's Son...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

K. Waste posted:

Christine is bumming out in a way I really haven't felt for a long time. It's like looking into a fun house mirror of the abyss I used to feel when I wasn't on meds or seeing my shrink.

this is pretty much how I feel about this movie. it hit remarkably close to home

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Sorry, Libs, I'm going to trigger you all by watching films that will make you so angry and triggered you will totally drive yourself crazy!

The Big Parade
They Were Expendable
Battleground
The Red Badge of Courage
Pork Chop Hill
The Longest Day
Gods and Generals

I can feel your lib anguish now, no leftist has ever watched more than a minute of those films without become a full blooded American Patriot!

(for the curious: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448004/memorial-day-movies-politically-incorrect-guide )

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yes, there's nothing more politically incorrect than honoring the troops.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Tars Tarkas posted:

Sorry, Libs, I'm going to trigger you all by watching films that will make you so angry and triggered you will totally drive yourself crazy!

The Big Parade
They Were Expendable
Battleground
The Red Badge of Courage
Pork Chop Hill
The Longest Day
Gods and Generals

I can feel your lib anguish now, no leftist has ever watched more than a minute of those films without become a full blooded American Patriot!

(for the curious: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448004/memorial-day-movies-politically-incorrect-guide )

I'm insanely owned by a dipshit republican watching a crappy 4 hour civil war movie

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm insanely owned by a dipshit republican watching a crappy 4 hour civil war movie

It's THE WAR BETWEEN THE STATES you libtard pc shithead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More like "The War of Northern Aggression"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nothing says "is mad about something told him to be mad about rather than actually being mad about it" than picking movies that no liberal has given a poo poo about ever, no less complained about.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Tag yourself I'm my drunken uncle slurring the word "gooks" during the "get some" scene in Full Metal Jacket

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They Were Expendable is a great movie, even if John Wayne was draft dodging coward.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Went on a bender from this past Monday through Thursday.

Gave my wife my debit card, checkbook and ID. She's out of town with the dog and I'm home with the cat. I nearly got kicked out of the house.

To everyone I've been a dick to lately (thinking of CelticPredator and Snak) I'm so, so, so goddamn sorry.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Stalker restoration on the big screen was everything I was hoping, although there was an old guy behind me saying how much he didn't like the movie every five minutes who left right after the first act. I'd love to hear the story about how that guy got there in the first place.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

Went on a bender from this past Monday through Thursday.

Gave my wife my debit card, checkbook and ID. She's out of town with the dog and I'm home with the cat. I nearly got kicked out of the house.

To everyone I've been a dick to lately (thinking of CelticPredator and Snak) I'm so, so, so goddamn sorry.

Do you have an AA meeting you could walk to or get a ride? that might help.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

Do you have an AA meeting you could walk to or get a ride? that might help.

Went to three today.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Is it possible to go on an AA bender?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Timby posted:

Went to three today.

That's something at least, and you've got a cat, and cats are awesome. I don't have any real advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't take anything that seriously here, so don't worry about it!

• Locked thread