Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Get in discord (link in OP) if you want to play with us.

Full Patch Notes
Welcome to our Closed Beta! As part of the transition from Alpha to Beta, the flow for starting the game has been updated, including a login to a Worlds Adrift account and the creation of your first character.
As part of character creation, players can customise their character’s face, colouring, and starting clothing. Goodbye, blonde pixie cut clone army!
Founder’s rewards are now available in game.
Almost everything in the game is now scannable and provides Knowledge the first time it is scanned.
The inventory now has a Belt section, for items the player wants to keep through death. This means that equipped items are no longer automatically kept through death.
The Stash, for undroppable cosmetics like the Founder’s Headscarf, has been implemented.
New on-screen prompts and tutorials will display for the first few hours of gameplay. This is a work in progress.
Ship parts, except panels, can no longer be placed so they overlap and occupy the same space.
Docked shipframes, if bare, can be salvaged for part of their crafting cost. This is accessed from the shipyard.
Shipyards are more obviously salvageable now, and players will receive a message if a shipyard they have access to takes damage.
Players are now able to find schematics for new atlas skycore upgrades. Take care of your core room, travellers!
Procedural engines, cannons, and wings now have their art and their new names determined by their stats.
Lots more procedural engines, cannons, and wings are now available in the game!
Islands now have multiple revival chambers.
Different trees provide different types of wood now.
Shipcores and engines can now only lift you to a certain altitude.
Certain weather features in the world are too strong for any ship to bypass. These now appear at the edges of the current world map. If heeded, explorers should no longer lose their ships heading into the unknown.
Eggs is no longer fuel. Eggs is just eggs. Fuel is now fuel.
Objects sinking into the ground will now become mossy or covered in sand, depending on the biome.
Much more lore is now discoverable in the ruins. Collect them in your Codex and piece together the story of Foundation.
Different biomes will play different music now!
New visual effects! New icons! New grappling hook! New sound effects!

NOTABLE BUGFIXES
Additional optimizations have been implemented to reduce client freezing when approaching a new island. This an ongoing area of improvement.
Loose objects on and around ships, like newly-broken ship parts, now behave significantly better. This is another ongoing area of improvement.
Dying before passing fully through a weather barrier will no longer allow you to respawn in the new zone.
Creature corpses will now deteriorate and disappear after some time.
Saborian databanks on islands are now appearing where they were placed in the Island Creator.
Players should no longer ever enter an invincibility state where bullets pass through them.
Creatures should much more rarely get stuck in mid-air.
Ships would occasionally not log out fully, leaving only the frame and a handful of parts floating in the world. This has been fixed.
It is no longer possible to summon troll physics by pushing a ship forward while standing on it.
Pulling physical objects with the grappling hook should be much more responsive again.
Weather animation should no longer become permanently choppy.
Numerous bugs relating to designing shipframes on the shipyard have been fixed.
Numerous bugs with male animations and poses have been fixed.
Numerous UI bugs have been fixed.
The game should no longer crash when exiting.

NOTABLE BALANCE CHANGES
The world map has been updated - much more of it is Wilderness now.
The glider has been nerfed. (Sorry.) It is now working as originally intended, for gliding over short distances. It also drops upon death.
Ship and shipyard ownership mechanics have evolved: Having a personal reviver on a ship is now more formally recognized as ownership of the ship; without ownership, any interactive ship part on an undocked ship (helms, containers, reviver, etc.) require an extra delay to use.
On docked ships, interactive ship parts require access to the shipyard.
Timed explosives no longer stack in the inventory.
Sails have been buffed.
Cannon overheat calculations have been overhauled.

KNOWN ISSUES & WORKAROUNDS
If you exit character creation without entering the world your character will not be assigned to a deployment. To fix this delete your character, make a new one and be sure to click play and enter the game.
When flying from one island to another, characters standing on ships may be unstable, even occasionally getting thrown off. It may be best to quickly grapple to the ship if you experience these stutters.
Tools (e.g., pistols, scanner) held by other players are showing themselves at an incorrect position.
Climbing on very bent ship panels, or in spaces the character normally can’t enter, will do serious damage to the player: Avoid these for now.
Some on-screen prompts (refuelling, picking up atlas shards, etc.) are failing to display or are behaving incorrectly.
Flight instruments (fuel gauge, altimeter, etc.) currently cannot be attached on all surfaces that should allow attachment.
After reaching the max height of the world, ships will be dropped suddenly.
This should be smoothed out in a future update.
Logging in onto a moving ship may result in the ship having moved out from under the character by the time the character loads in.
Docking a ship you don’t own to a shipyard you don’t own will result in the player being unable to release the helm: Restarting the client will place your character next to the helm.
The moustache is not appearing correctly on characters.
WiFi may incur problems: Best played on an ethernet connection for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Downloading now and preparing to fall to my death repeatedly. On discord as Scorchio.

How easy is it to meet up with alliance mates in this thing anyway? No idea how big the world actually is from what I've seen in videos...

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 24, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Gliders had better be waaaaay more common now, with those changes. :negative:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed by their founder packs. What a weak offering for so steep an asking price. They don't even offer additional "atlas coins" for explorer or captain, and we don't know what they're worth or what you can expect to get with them. not to mention cash shop on a full priced game.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Noooo don't nerf gliders they were so fun.

Also I don't see anything that makes crewing easier.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
finally, a cash shop mmo i can pay aaa prices for

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
this game was rather butts last time i played the alpha recently. i don't see how they could've improved it to the point of charging $35 for access.
the only thing the videos on the store page share with actual game play is the 5 fps. the "awards" on the store page are ridiculous and misleading.
i will be very surprised if reviews are higher than mixed
this game is dumb and stupid and doesnt work well

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh wait, I guess my alpha friend-key doesn't transfer. Welp, sorry game, those patch notes aren't worth 35 bucks. Maybe when you're finished.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Lustwaffle
51 products in account
1 review

Not Recommended
0.2 hrs on record
EARLY ACCESS REVIEW POSTED: MAY 24
I just bought the closed beta bronze package. It fired right up, had great performance but unfortunately there is no invert mouse option. I tried to play it 'upside down' for a few minutes and it was just too wrong. I requested a refund and will revisit in a month or two.

This is a paid alpha, not a beta. Far from feature complete.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Use Server: EU

There is a US west option but EU has better population and is within about 50ms or so on a crappy connection because of google cloud platform. We'll be playing on EU for now unless something changes. Plus all the mods and devs are on EU so griefing will be better there.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009
I am Zudrag in Discord and just bought this, verify me please.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Downloading the game now. Hopefully this isn't to much of a poo poo show.

Neith
Feb 16, 2013

Registered. Same name in-game and on Discord

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Official Server is now US server.

I was confirmed to have a much higher population around all time zones. Delete your characters and recreate on US if you want to play with us.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Well I was going to check this out but apparently they've already sold out of keys on Steam? That seems like... really poor planning.

Joined the discord, under the same name.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
It's been known to be closed beta for a while. So no surprise to anyone following the game actively. They will gradually release more keys in ongoing efforts.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Oh wow they weren't lying when they said they'd be phasing packages in and out. I refunded it so I could get the $60 pack since you're locked into the tier you buy. They're not going to be doing upgrades for some reason.

Guess I'm locked out of the game until they put it back up for sale then.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 27, 2017

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

forge posted:

Official Server is now US server.

I was confirmed to have a much higher population around all time zones. Delete your characters and recreate on US if you want to play with us.

Ugh what? I just deleted my US character to make an EU character.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Hey, whats the current status of Goon Alliances? I saw someone run into Super Dimension Fortress Gooncross on a beta stream but Slam Whales is the only one that comes up on a search of the game site, even when I search for Gooncross.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 28, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Our alliance is Slam Whales - it was named Gooncross before the alpha came out.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 28, 2017

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Jackard posted:

Our alliance is Slam Whales - it was named Gooncross before the alpha came out.

But the old name was showing up in one of the live streams today for some reason. Weird.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

7c Nickel posted:

But the old name was showing up in one of the live streams today for some reason. Weird.
Alliances never worked - every player shows up with our old tag on their sheet.

We communicate through Discord - the website alliances get spammed with apps, so you'll have to post your info here if you want in that.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
Been running around and boarding ships like a ninja, stealing fuel and precious metals before sending people's unattended boats full speed into the nearest stormwall.

Game's pretty fun.

My ign is Fallout for discord auth purposes.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm sad that more people aren't playing this game. This is the game that was basically made for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1id8zzyyok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldpxich-9_w

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

forge posted:

I'm sad that more people aren't playing this game. This is the game that was basically made for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1id8zzyyok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldpxich-9_w

More people might be if they didn't limit the number of keys sold on steam. I'm kind of keeping an eye for it be available on steam.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 30, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
still tracking this, might pick up the beta next month

kinda want some optimization first imo

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

This is the main reason I stopped playing the alpha. Games fun but runs like crap.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I'm actually interested in this. How can I actually buy it though? It seems that the devs have put all sales on hold until open beta until soon(tm).

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

still tracking this, might pick up the beta next month

I'm totally there with you. Alpha the load was pretty severe. Currently if you log out after about 3-4 hours and restart the client there is virtually no loading times on islands. Which is incredible as you know how it used to be. I was pretty much unsure they could actually fix that. But with some more memory leak fixes and some teaks it's basically good atm, and will be 100% fixed later in beta. Pretty hyped about that.

ALSO for others [10:20 AM] OliverAge24 (New Keys = Soon™): 3-4 months of closed beta

I'll try and update the thread when I find out when the sale is.

The Big D
Oct 3, 2002
I am in the discord as Ti3D#6296 and in game as Inspectah. having fun despite bouncing off ships and the travel time between islands. I'm guessing It gets a lot faster when I dont use garbage engines.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

forge posted:

The game is basically a falling to death simulator. It happens when you least expect it.

Sometimes it's a smacking into the wall really hard and dying simulator.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
[11:19 AM] OliverAge24 (New Keys = Soon™): and Tom found a memory leak in the lighting system
[11:19 AM] OliverAge24 (New Keys = Soon™): which has been fixed for the next update to the game

Also confirmed more keys soon. I don't have the exact ETA. Expect this Wednesday 9-7pm UK time.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Well in the absence of keys, I spent a while working on an Island.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936206568&searchtext=

Check it out if you feel like it and maybe vote it up. Although I understand that the devs look over every submission anyway.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Oliver just gave some keys away this morning but you need to hang in chat.. and that doesn't always happen. He's also a decent troll because one of the keys was for train mechanic simulator 2017 and not WA lol.

Adadad
May 16, 2008
Hey guys, was hoping to meet up with you all in Worlds Adrift. kinda sucks just playing with only 1 other person (Inspectah above) anyway... my Discord name is adadad#1330 and my ingame name is Adadad (or Adadad Baba on Steam)

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Join the discord, I don't see your name in the list. We hang out in chat, just join in.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

My steam name is "Roy Awesome" and my discord is RoyAwesome#4217

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Also Discord name is same as my SA, SweetBro.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Posting to get in on the funzone i guess. If it's anything like albion, AA or whatever the gently caress, Should be a good time. Discord name same as SA
Also applied as VattHammer because swear filters are a thing

TwatHammer fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
[9:47 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): lol :neutral_face:
[9:47 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): soon
[9:47 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): very soon

[9:48 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): well, friday we stopped selling keys
[9:48 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): den it was the weekend
[9:48 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): den it was bank holiday monday

9:49 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): now is wednesday
[9:49 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): :stuck_out_tongue:
[9:49 AM] OliverAge24 (Nickname Admin™): is coming very soon

Sounds like later today, or tomorrow, friday at latest. I'll post when their up so people can grab them. I'll put a message in discords as well.