Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A Bad Poster posted:

With the amount of infighting there is now? No, it'll be a bloodbath while everyone struggles to gain control.

Inshallah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
CommieGIR and Dead Reckoning debates are going to end in a thumbs up or thumbs down ruling by me. Thumbs up, I adorn your av with.. something. Thumbs down? Probation.

Everyone clear on this?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

CommieGIR and Dead Reckoning debates are going to end in a thumbs up or thumbs down ruling by me. Thumbs up, I adorn your av with.. something. Thumbs down? Probation.

Everyone clear on this?

Does that include people who debate with them or just debates between those two? I expect a probie for asking but you're not entirely clear (you fascist bitch)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Straphangers will eat a probation or be ignored.

Just so we're clear I don't intend to probate more than 6 hours but reserve the right to probate for longer on my own accord.

Get butt hurt all you want about the system, I could give a gently caress.

But something needs to happen and I doubt these two would be down for just meeting in a tent at the Deid and loving/sucking it out.

Enter: My edict.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4

Hey that Genesis video is relevant again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac
I'm more of a Peter Gabriel man.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I guess since Trump is in full-blown senile dementia he's going to have a rough time winning reelection, so there's that.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Everyone clear on this?

About time we had a gladiatorial pit. I'll put down a 6 hour probie on DR. He's slick like a lawyer or a field grade noble. Never loses his cool and does a top notch just asking questions.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Sergg posted:

I guess since Trump is in full-blown senile dementia he's going to have a rough time winning reelection, so there's that.

I would hope his family would stop this from happening again. He'll still make millions in campaign donations until then though and once he pisses his way through this hurricane in the next couple years he can get back to doing 2020 election rallies like he loves.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sergg posted:

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Two Finger posted:

ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Seriously, Trump could poo poo his pants live on camera and the GOP would start to spin it as a good thing, and the voters would buy it. Possibly also starting an alt right-trend of pants making GBS threads as a demonstration of masculine virility.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Sergg posted:

He's gonna get at least 35% no matter what.

Like the things people are concerned about irt the Trump administration just do not exist to some people. They literally don't know what's going on or they see one headline at the bottom of the page about it and don't click on it. Like watch fox news for an hour with a beer, they just don't report or discuss poo poo. Like the whole timeline/justification for the reason of Comeys firing is a pretty big deal.....the right crucified the left on the benghazi timeline and all that bullshit but now their guy is switching stories and it's literally not reported. Half the poo poo CNN, Time and WaPo break don't even make it to the loving ticker on Fox news. 35% of the country loves divorced from reality in an echo chamber of their own making. As do some on the left but still. Every other bombshell story of the year gets mentioned for two mins or they just don't report it. I forget what it was but there a Twitter shot floating around with CNN and NBC breaking something important and Fox was doing weather. They don't break news they convey and stay on a message.

Further with Facebook and Google news choosing what to show you and the manipulation of data/search engines in the last election people are going to see poo poo that they want to see or that affirms their world view.

My uncle at nintendo who works on the hill mentioned that the Russians may have engaged in data manipulation at the DISTRICT level in some states. Those two or three that usually swing blue uh.... Wisconsin or Michigan or wherever Hilldawg didn't campaign. Like datamined Facebook and if you were a black Democrat female over 45 you're little news sites and Facebook would pop a bunch of poo poo about Hilary stealing money. That sort of granular data manipulation is scary...and incredibly smart.

E: and loving cheap. A half a percent of what we spend on an aircraft carrier would fund an entire cyber command or something. For the amount of influence Russia has had on the world in the last year, they are getting an excellent return on the Rubbel

Further the vice chair on Senate Intel (can't recall name currently) mentioned he asked a few heads of intelligence/security apparatuses what the US plan was to ensure this wasn't going to happen again in '18 and 20 and who was spearheading it and they all just kinda stood around and went uhhh we don't know and uh not me because it's an entirely new form of "low intensity" conflict that doesn't fit into a nice box someone can own. Is it a military issue? DoD? FBI? Homeland sec? I mean there's def an international component so....yup.

I'm drunk in an airport in Germany on Kolsch about to hop on a 10 hour flight forgive the ramble and God Bless America, Hang All Nobles.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 28, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

a shamefur dispray

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Ummm bullshit. In Cologne that's all anyone drinks, and it rules. You sit down at a restaurant and get a little glass for drinking, or a whole little round thing that holds a bunch of glasses, and they just keep filling it up over and over again as you're sitting there. Kolsch is great and cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Oh my dear God, no it isn't.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Like why do you think it's only served in the poo poo city it's named after?

/edit:
Disclaimer, you can get it elsewhere on occasion, but that's just because migrational trends/patterns of tourists and uncouth barbarians with no understanding of what is an affront unto the Lord's amazing loving Grace

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 28, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Koln is not a poo poo city you watch your mouth

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Duzzy Funlop have you ever been to the Kreuzberg monastery and what do you think of their beer if you've had it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

milk milk lemonade posted:

Koln is not a poo poo city you watch your mouth

I will loving fight you to the death

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Someone shot and killed 8 people in Mississippi, including a deputy sheriff.
https://apnews.com/0dfc8b5aef70466094aaabc8029616a4

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:grin:
:goku:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Everyone clear on this?

:jerky:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Missionary Positron posted:

Seriously, Trump could poo poo his pants live on camera and the GOP would start to spin it as a good thing, and the voters would buy it. Possibly also starting an alt right-trend of pants making GBS threads as a demonstration of masculine virility.

like i said back during election time, Trump could ride the rotted corpse of Chris Kyle through a rainbow of mexican hookers pissing on him and theyd just say WELL OBAMA DIDNT HAVE THE BALLS TO DO THAT, TRUMP JUST SHOWING EVERYONE A NEW SHERRIFF IS IN TOWN

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

Mike-o posted:

Duzzy Funlop have you ever been to the Kreuzberg monastery and what do you think of their beer if you've had it?

Kreuzberg has some excellent beer. Made that trip multiple times and I still use one of the growlers I have from there. Only downside is that beer caused the worst hangovers for some reason.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I didn't believe this quote when it was posted on twitter, now there's video and a transcript. Goddamn.

Video: https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/868841865830912002

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-defense-secretary-james-mattis-on-face-the-nation-may-28-2017/

And the Leader of the Free World has had enough of Donnie. Good trip there, buddy.

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/868837482439299072

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 28, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

And the Leader of the Free World has had enough of Donnie. Good trip there, buddy.

Champagne and caviar nite tonite @ da Kremlin. Donny did what he promised them.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

Custody dispute, dude flipped after "somebody that don't even live in that house called the police, that's what they do, they intervene" and then said he was trying to suicide by cop.

Kind of a loving incompetent move to cap your exit strategy, I hope they let this guy rot for a few decades but ehhh, MS.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

timma85 posted:

Kreuzberg has some excellent beer. Made that trip multiple times and I still use one of the growlers I have from there. Only downside is that beer caused the worst hangovers for some reason.

I'm partial to Kloster Andechs. If you aren't a bitch, you do the 5k hike from the train station up to the monastery.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Straphangers will eat a probation or be ignored.

Just so we're clear I don't intend to probate more than 6 hours but reserve the right to probate for longer on my own accord.

Get butt hurt all you want about the system, I could give a gently caress.

But something needs to happen and I doubt these two would be down for just meeting in a tent at the Deid and loving/sucking it out.

Enter: My edict.

So goes the world, might makes right. :jeb:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Came to post this, here's a less twittery Bloomberg version of it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-28/merkel-tells-beer-tent-rally-that-europe-must-plot-own-course

Also visually relevant:

Mike-o posted:

I was confused for a second because I overlooked "monastery" and thought you were asking for my opinion on beer in Berlin :lol:

But the place is about an hour from where I used to live (and plan to live again/retire, goddamnit), and whenever a buddy of mine from the 541st went up to Wildflecken, we'd make a stop there. They have really homesy, wholesome food at their little restaurant, and a good dark lager that is one of my favorite cloister-beers. It's not as, uh..."full-mouthed" (?) as my inner circle of favorite selections, but I'd wager it'd be perfect for folks new to those cloister-style bottom-fermented beers. I keep hearing from tourists/folks PCSed there that it's the best beer in Germany, but I think that's more due to the whole experience you get there.

The entire region is incredibly beautiful, and there's nothing more rewarding than a good meal and hearty Dunkel after a nice hike around the region.

But if you want the legittest of legit selections, go to Bamberg. You'll have everything from roasted malt "smoked" beers, Guinness-esque Maerzen beers, and extremely good "regular" lagers and wheat beers. Klosterbraeu there is one of the oldest companies in the world and has a Maerzen that gives you the roasted malt taste without being as in-your-loving-face as Schlenkerla Rauchbier is. (The latter is super loving popular with tourists and exported into a gazillion countries, but if I want bacon, I'll drat well eat bacon)

/edit:

Oh, and Bamberg has more than 80 breweries in the immediate region around it, and you can get a huge part of the selection in most supermarkets in Bamberg, so you can sample the gently caress out of the region without actually biking/driving everywhere.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 28, 2017

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Custody dispute, dude flipped after "somebody that don't even live in that house called the police, that's what they do, they intervene" and then said he was trying to suicide by cop.

Kind of a loving incompetent move to cap your exit strategy, I hope they let this guy rot for a few decades but ehhh, MS.

White privilege is being unable to even suicide by cop

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

facialimpediment posted:

I didn't believe this quote when it was posted on twitter, now there's video and a transcript. Goddamn.

Video: https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/868841865830912002

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-defense-secretary-james-mattis-on-face-the-nation-may-28-2017/

Oh good. Germany is going to end up re-militarizing thanks to Trump. Surely nothing bad will come from that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

White privilege is being unable to even suicide by cop

uh

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BigDave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XiYUYcpsT4

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Oh good. Germany is going to end up re-militarizing thanks to Trump. Surely nothing bad will come from that.

Tbh, a properly funded & equipped German military would be a huge boon for European stability and deterring Russia.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If I was Angela Merkel, I'd just start casually dropping references to Lebensraum into my speeches.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dead Reckoning posted:

If I was Donald Trump, I'd just start casually dropping references to Lebensraum into my speeches.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dead Reckoning posted:

If I was Angela Merkel, I'd just start casually dropping references to Lebensraum into my speeches.

Pretty sure we're the baddies this time around.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Missionary Positron posted:

Tbh, a properly funded & equipped German military would be a huge boon for European stability and deterring Russia.

Yeah, if they annex Ukraine and Poland then Russia can't .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, if they annex Ukraine and Poland then Russia can't .

lmao

• Locked thread