Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it bothers you, you can always assume they gave gohan a hard time while goku was away or something

and yea piccolo didn't know that krillin and the rest were unaware of the stakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You're right about Piccolo at least.

I misremembered.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Goku is Donald Trump if he was good at something

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope Caulifla just keeps unlocking more and more transformations while barely trying.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Caulifla is everything I've ever dreamed of in a female Saiyan, and I can't wait to see all the nerd tears about her being Too Strong and a Mary Sue.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Caidin posted:

That robot has Iron claws and has suction cups if you break his arms off, completely unbeatable. :smuggo:

I dunno, I think universe 3 might be low balling it's design specs here.

I wonder whether him, Magetta, or Murichim will have the Big Show role of "HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY ELIMINATE HIM - oh there he goes"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pureauthor posted:

I hope Caulifla just keeps unlocking more and more transformations while barely trying.

It looks like she might be Super Saiyan 2 in the ep preview, since her hair is going up instead of out.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Momomo posted:

The Universe 6 sayians being the super good guys would come off as lame if this were any other series, but considering we've seen drat near nothing but saiyans being terrible people for 20 years, it comes off as way more endearing. Universe 7 really got the short end of the stick, huh.

Hey, there's always a chance if u6 survives that the Saiyan race undoes all of its years of progress due to everyone getting that Super Saiyan Rage high.

Riazer
Oct 9, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

So any guesses on what Freeza's "conditions" might be?

Goku has to convince Zeno to abolish the "No-Kill-Rule" for the tournament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I know Piccalo is pretty calm and reasonable about this sort of thing and feels like he should also be Earth's protector but probably over half the cast would have probably just been like "oh if we lose we get deleted, I'll join" except for 17 who is apparently just a nihilist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I know Piccalo is pretty calm and reasonable about this sort of thing and feels like he should also be Earth's protector but probably over half the cast would have probably just been like "oh if we lose we get deleted, I'll join" except for 17 who is apparently just a nihilist.
Something that bugged me is that after Krillin said "18 will probably not enter without getting paid", that it wasn't her yelling at him for thinking she's that shallow. But, then again, maybe it's a two-man con to get the money for doing something they were going to do anyways? :shrug:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Are we not going to talk about when Goku told Bulma that spending 10 million zeni, for her, is just like peeing a little? Because that was loving incredible and I can't believe Vegeta didn't kick him off the building.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not gonna lie, I knew what was going to happen this episode and I'm still grinning like a tool

Momomo posted:

I like how with every new thing we see from them, Caulifla and Kale keep gaining Broly traits. That beam attack was straight out of his book.

And Gohan got Gogetas pretty ball of death, I'm very happy with these developments

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It just occurred to me that we missed out on an opportunity for Zamas to exploit his immortal body by using Kaioken x100.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 28, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

It just occurred to be that we missed out on an opportunity for Zamas to exploit his immortal body by using Kaioken x100.
thankfully goku was smart enough not to use kaioken in front of him

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pureauthor posted:

It just occurred to be that we missed out on an opportunity for Zamas to exploit his immortal body by using Kaioken x100.

Right? This is why I've always felt that invincibility has the most potential out of any of the common "superman" powers. Don't have super strength? That's okay, any problem that you might have to resolve with violence can be resolved by firing yourself at it with high velocity, such as from a cannon. Your indestructible body will tear through a variety of materials or structures as you plow through them at the speed of sound. Can't fly? Sure you can. Unlike a normal person, you are at zero risk from putting on a wingsuit with some rockets strapped to your shoes.

Uh, this goes out the window if you can still feel the pain, of course :v:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

PMush Perfect posted:

Caulifla is everything I've ever dreamed of in a female Saiyan, and I can't wait to see all the nerd tears about her being Too Strong and a Mary Sue.

She seems way too tough to be considered a Mary Sue.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Being tough is something many would consider a trait of a Mary Sue.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Something that bugged me is that after Krillin said "18 will probably not enter without getting paid", that it wasn't her yelling at him for thinking she's that shallow. But, then again, maybe it's a two-man con to get the money for doing something they were going to do anyways? :shrug:

Isn't one of her reoccurring character traits that she indeed like getting lots of money?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
This was Tien as he found out the universe could end.

Poor guy's just given up and lost all hope.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm sorry that Krillin kicking Tien's rear end and settling that argument once and for all was interrupted.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

This was Tien as he found out the universe could end.

Poor guy's just given up and lost all hope.

this is the face you make when you realise you are now yamcha

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Onmi posted:

or picked up Future Trunks. I think the feeling was they were looking for Buu-Level heavy hitters

Bringing Trunks to this tournament would be a bad idea. There would be no way to stop him from going straight for the High Priest a/o Zeno.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Loved episode 92, especially the pee line lol. Best part was Beerus facepalming and then ordering Krillin to enter . But Krillin being forced out of duress of being destroyed to enter a tournament that has him being destroyed on the line was a bit strange, stranger was Krillin mentioning 18 still not joining unless theres a prize. Is 18 a nihilist like her brother or what. And how could Krillin think Beerus wouldn't convince 18 to join the same way he just pushed him to? My suspension of disbelief..

LolitaSama fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 28, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I loved Krillin's line when chewing out Goku.

"You think I'd be scared to enter if I had known the universe might end? Well you're right."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

Bringing Trunks to this tournament would be a bad idea. There would be no way to stop him from going straight for the High Priest a/o Zeno.

Good, someone needs to. I will be very disappointed if the fighters just sit back and watch Zeno erase their universes without a fight.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

khwarezm posted:

"Mary Sue" these days just means "a character who isn't a man". If she can fight, or has practical skills, or there's anything remotely interesting about her beyond the way she looks, all the MRA nerds will crawl out of the woodwork to shriek about how she's a Mary Sue. Furiosa from Mad Max, Rey from Star Wars, it happens all the time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LEt's all congratulate Master Roshi for overcoming his problem.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why, did he used to complain about female characters, too?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Roshi should have taken 10 minutes to learn how to fly. It only took Videl an afternoon and she could barely control her Ki.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Roshi should have taken 10 minutes to learn how to fly. It only took Videl an afternoon and she could barely control her Ki.

I hope not! I mean, flying isn't allowed in the tournament and he should have to use that spinning Baby Gamera outside of that! I was going to say he wouldn't lower himself to using a Crane school technique until I remembered ALL OF THE ALIENS who know it.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Rutibex posted:

I don't know if this is filler/a throwaway gag but I think Roshi doesn't want to fly because

1) it's a Crane School thing and

2) He hates flying, at least in an airplane. But then he is okay spinning around on his Koopa shell because ???

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

extra row of teeth posted:

I don't know if this is filler/a throwaway gag but I think Roshi doesn't want to fly because

1) it's a Crane School thing and

2) He hates flying, at least in an airplane. But then he is okay spinning around on his Koopa shell because ???

You'd think being able to fly and look down shirts would be right up his alley.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I hope not! I mean, flying isn't allowed in the tournament

I'm not sure that's the case. I think flying simply doesn't work over the edge, so if you ring out you can't fly back in. I am pretty sure the contestants will be able to fly around the arena, considering we see Goku vs Grey Guy and Vegita vs Ribbrianne fighting in the opening animation and they are flying around like normal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rutibex posted:

I'm not sure that's the case. I think flying simply doesn't work over the edge, so if you ring out you can't fly back in. I am pretty sure the contestants will be able to fly around the arena, considering we see Goku vs Grey Guy and Vegita vs Ribbrianne fighting in the opening animation and they are flying around like normal.

No, they just jump good.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rutibex posted:

In the Krillin recruitment episodes they decided to make flying an illegal move for the sparring match because it would be illegal in the tournament, though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Well, fat Buu is back, so long sassassin.

sassassin posted:

If Buu turns fat again after his sleep I'm dropping this show.

He turned fat at the beginning of his sleep!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Calling it now, Universe 6 will win the tournament, and their wish will be to fuse with Universe 7 for the delicious Earth Food. Frost and Frieza will form a new space empire to battle the Saiyans, now commanded by the new Admiral Vegeta. Goku will be there too, probably.. Bulma will have to rebuild Capsule Corp from the ground up. Dende will have to make entirely new Dragonballs, along with a sleek new Lookout. The Saiyan children will suddenly be relevant again, training Pan and Bra and fighting against the dangers of the new fused Earth. And finally, Champa and Beerus will fuse to avoid one of them being destroyed, and will become the mighty Miller High Life, the Champa of Beerus.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My prediction is that Toei will be stretched incredibly thin and it's going to look like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

In the Krillin recruitment episodes they decided to make flying an illegal move for the sparring match because it would be illegal in the tournament, though.

That will be really hell on the fight choreographers/animators. Not only do they have 50+ new characters to draw, but they can't use any old standby flying animations. A good 75% of DB super fighting takes place in the air.

• Locked thread