Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
So this is what its like when he has to hold in a twitter-poo poo for a week, its just stream of consciousness rambling at this point...
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/868810522942164993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Kekekela posted:

So this is what its like when he has to hold in a twitter-poo poo for a week, its just stream of consciousness rambling at this point...

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/868799379179786240

Maybe this, but, it's Trump so who knows

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Kekekela posted:

Donald right now: https://youtu.be/R-clNQLj1NA

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
I guess the news reports that a team of lawyers was vetting his tweets before publishing was FAKE NEWS

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"It's true! I colluded with the Ru-"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

i like to think someone pulled the phone out of his hand mid-thought and hit send on accident

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Kekekela posted:

I always felt V was poorly covered as well.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So at this point is your average on the street Republican voter more a "Trump is god" or "It's ok if the country literally burns down as long as liberals are mad" type?

crayon85
Dec 25, 2013

Lightning Lord posted:

So at this point is your average on the street Republican voter more a "Trump is god" or "It's ok if the country literally burns down as long as liberals are mad" type?

Yes

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Josh Lyman posted:

If Jared is such a stupid milquetoast idiot, I wonder what Ivanka saw in him.

Just that he's handsome and comes from a wealthy family? Surely there's more as there are plenty of those she could have married.

She didn't have to see poo poo in him, the whole thing reeks of an arranged marriage

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Lightning Lord posted:

I think most of them just ignore reading any of the news about Trump and chalk it up to everyone unfairly attacking him and not letting him do what they thought he was going to do in the campaign.

My co-workers who voted for Trump do seem much less open about supporting him, though. They usually complain about how he can't shut his mouth or stop tweeting, although if pushed, I think they would still double down on their lovely opinions on immigrants or LGBTQ issues.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 28, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lightning Lord posted:

50/50 a Idiocracy type 'Trump is going to drain the swamp' who don't follow anything past local news and pure evil people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Keep in mind that Ivanka probably has some psychological problems from being raised by Trump.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

"It's ok if the country literally burns down as long as liberals are mad" type?

From my real life sampling of friends with horrible opinions, its this one.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

business hammocks posted:

Keep in mind that Ivanka probably has some psychological problems from being raised by Trump.

Being rich gives you psychological problems

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Lemming posted:

Being rich gives you psychological problems

Also being raped and groped throughout puberty

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

Its both, if my anecdotal dealings with Republican family and colleagues is any indication. There are Republicans out there who do not agree with Trump 100% but they call themselves "independent" now.

Which is why it is pointless for Democrats and liberals to engage with anyone who professes support for Trump at this point. They live in a different reality. I got into an argument with a dude who, when pressed, said Trump was the only one who could save us because Liberals are the anti-christ. There is no hope for these people. We need to focus on the ones who still live in the real-world and not the one populated by Infowars and Fox.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
My workout partner claims to be Republican, but despises Trump. My Republican neighbor is the same. Both think he is an idiot who is ruining the party and doing damage to the country. But I live just outside DC so we are in a fantasy world compared to most of the US.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

psychoJ posted:

as a nick cave fan, i demand audio

shitthatdidnthappen.txt

also michael cernovich is the fuckin worst

I wasn't recording but it's bound to show up somewhere. One of the changed lines was about jobs. :v:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Mercury Ballistic posted:

My workout partner claims to be Republican, but despises Trump. My Republican neighbor is the same. Both think he is an idiot who is ruining the party and doing damage to the country. But I live just outside DC so we are in a fantasy world compared to most of the US.

How do they feel about liberals, or anyone they view as such?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Mercury Ballistic posted:

Yeah but in exchange you can raft down the Mississippi or look at Mt Rushmore whenever you feel like it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if the leaders of other developed nations are empathetic to those of us who are stuck with this rear end in a top hat. They must know it's not impossible for their countries to end up in this situation.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

I think most of them just ignore reading any of the news about Trump and chalk it up to everyone unfairly attacking him and not letting him do what they thought he was going to do in the campaign.

My co-workers who voted for Trump do seem much less open about supporting him, though. They usually complain about how he can't shut his mouth or stop tweeting, although if pushed, I think they would still double down on their lovely opinions on immigrants or LGBTQ issues.

The ones near me seem to try hard avoiding talking about Trump himself or the scandals surrounding him, but they still desperately try to talk poo poo about Hillary or Obama at any opportunity.

So maybe Fox News will be on in the background, and Right Winger #1 will utter some snippet of conversation that is vaguely political.

The Right Winger #2 will respond in some way that invokes Hillary or Obama, "well yeah what about when Hillary or Obama did X, no one was upset etc."

Now the requisite opening has been made, and both Right Wingers engage in a ten to fifteen minute animated conversation about Hillary or Obama.

It's like wingnut jazz.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My republican/conservative family and coworkers for the most part think Trump is a national embarrassment.

But I live in California and these people are all pretty well educated.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder if the leaders of other developed nations are empathetic to those of us who are stuck with this rear end in a top hat. They must know it's not impossible for their countries to end up in this situation.

Some countries were close, Netherlands and France, and I think "the people" did pay some attention to what happens in the states and Britain.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Trudeau is well aware of the looming madness of the Canadian Conservative party.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahaha you think Trump raised any of his kids

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hahaha you think Trump raised any of his kids

The point still stands.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
There are tons of people with psychological issues stemming from poor luck in the genetic lottery and/or life experiences - I am one of them.
Most of us do not go on to become toadies and enablers for fascist would-be dictators.

Whatever Ivanka Trump's upbringing was like it can only explain, but never excuse, her actions.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

it's latter plus i want lower taxes despite the fact my taxes probably would be lowered if we properly taxed the rich.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Is there even a single Trump family member who isn't stupid/insane?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Thank god, I was having withdrawals.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There's a sister who became a federal judge who cut off all contact with the rest of the family at like 25.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ekster posted:

Is there even a single Trump family member who isn't stupid/insane?

I'm optimistic for Tiffany and maybe Barron.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TARDISman posted:

I'm optimistic for Tiffany and maybe Barron.

Not to be too inflammatory to the poor kid, but his dad's broken-rear end retard-making old-man sperm gave him autism and his mom is likely too dumb to recognize it and get him treatment. None of that is his fault and he should be helped, but I don't have high hopes of that even being remotely within the realm of possibility.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Why would an antisemite vote for jewish grandpa Bernie Sanders?

I actually know a person who switched from Bernie to Trump. As far as I can make of it, he supported both at various points because they're anti-establishment. Dude is also queer, in a poly relationship, and would fail the paper bag test. I mean, okay, he's not an anti-semite, but he hangs around with people who are and supports them so that's not really much better. He's still firmly on the Trump train, btw, and regularly posts alt-right bullshit including the Seth Rich nonsense when it came up again recently. I'm not exactly sure what's gonna get through to him. Even the pee tape would probably get a thumbs up from this guy. Some people are just...not smart.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kit Walker posted:

I actually know a person who switched from Bernie to Trump. As far as I can make of it, he supported both at various points because they're anti-establishment. Dude is also queer, in a poly relationship, and would fail the paper bag test. I mean, okay, he's not an anti-semite, but he hangs around with people who are and supports them so that's not really much better. He's still firmly on the Trump train, btw, and regularly posts alt-right bullshit including the Seth Rich nonsense when it came up again recently. I'm not exactly sure what's gonna get through to him. Even the pee tape would probably get a thumbs up from this guy. Some people are just...not smart.

thats a whole lotta self loathing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/868809781213102080

• Locked thread