Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

But I do like that, because he is a fuckup? :confused:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I agree about the thing with them chasing the past. I think that honestly blew their load way too quick doing the Thawne reveal in episode 1. They could do plenty with the Rogues (and/or start stealing other heroes' villains like Arrow) before doing the reveal at midseason or hell, leaving it as the season 2 cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Season 1 of Flash was good. So good in fact that they have tried to repeat it since. So no chharacter growth. Allen making the same mistakes over and over etc. Honestly the show makes the Flash seem like the villain half the time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've not really watched the show outside of a couple clips, but I keep hearing people talk about how Flash is training to fight a villain and it makes it sound like a bad live action DBZ.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I agree about the thing with them chasing the past. I think that honestly blew their load way too quick doing the Thawne reveal in episode 1. They could do plenty with the Rogues (and/or start stealing other heroes' villains like Arrow) before doing the reveal at midseason or hell, leaving it as the season 2 cliffhanger.

It was to people who read comics, but they dropped hints that not everything was what it seemed and the viewers did not see the suit until episode 9 which was the last episode before the winter break.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did Roan/The Russian really just say he was designed only for killing??

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Did Roan/The Russian really just say he was designed only for killing??

He did, but I don't think cast/crew has given interviews confirming that it is Modok. I think the actual line was "this body is designed only for killing". Season finale was a bit rushed but overall a solid season.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, it's been a pretty good season. I hated most of 1, thought 2 was okay, hated every scene in 3 without Ward, but I'm really liking the whole ride this season.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Pun, uh, not intended.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I am finally, finally getting round to the fourth season of Arrow and on the whole I think it's better than the concurrent second season of Flash was. :shrug:

Much like season three, I have enjoyed it so far more than I anticipated I would, which I suspect is because I'm binging it after the fact rather than following it week to week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Glen Mazzara and Len Wiseman are working together on a Sin City TV series. Supposedly working off of new characters in the setting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit: Wrong Tv thread!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 1, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I've been re-watching season 2 of Daredevil and god drat...Vincent D'Onofrio is the perfect Kingpin. He just does a fantastic job.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pubic works project posted:

I've been re-watching season 2 of Daredevil and god drat...Vincent D'Onofrio is the perfect Kingpin. He just does a fantastic job.

I love the one scene he has with Matt in that season. Something about the raw animal energy D'Onofrio brings when he grabs him and growls "AH YES! THE SON OF A BOXER!" just makes me grin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's wildly different from comics Kingpin but I think it's a much more interesting approach to the character.

Vanessa too, the actress has great chemistry with him, and I like how she's intrigued by his life of crime rather than horrified by it.

zoux fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 1, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

Season 1 of Flash was good. So good in fact that they have tried to repeat it since. So no chharacter growth. Allen making the same mistakes over and over etc. Honestly the show makes the Flash seem like the villain half the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djs1louWD3Q&t=122s

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What Flash needs is a supporting cast to tell him to run faster. That will probably fix all the show's problems.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I love the one scene he has with Matt in that season. Something about the raw animal energy D'Onofrio brings when he grabs him and growls "AH YES! THE SON OF A BOXER!" just makes me grin.

Absolutely! That scene was easily the highlight of all S2. Matt thought he was king poo poo going in and...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gaz-L posted:

YES!! That specific scene led to my post. Just the intensity of that scene between Matt and Fisk. It was like straight from the comic.

I'm glad his portrayal wasn't straight from the comics. We needed a different take.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

pubic works project posted:

He's really good in Emerald City, too, if you want more of him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really like after Fisk slams Matts head into the desk, his Lawyer looks away, it's a nice touch showing that the Lawyer knows exactly whats going on and that its very, very wrong.

Ugh I'm really worried the Defenders is going to suuuuuuuck. Or worse, be boring.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I really like after Fisk slams Matts head into the desk, his Lawyer looks away, it's a nice touch showing that the Lawyer knows exactly whats going on and that its very, very wrong.

Ugh I'm really worried the Defenders is going to suuuuuuuck. Or worse, be boring.

Just the fact that they cut it down to 8 episodes tells me they know what they're doing there.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I'm sure there's an Archie thread around somewhere but I've been digging into Riverdale on Netflix and holy crap this show is much, much better than I thought it'd be. I'm still pretty early in the season, does it stay good? Or am I needlessly getting my hopes up?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Supposedly it all takes place over 2 days, so hopefully things keep moving at a good clip.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Retro Futurist posted:

Just the fact that they cut it down to 8 episodes tells me they know what they're doing there.

AFAIK, that was the number stipulated in the contract Netflix and Marvel Television signed back in 2013. It wasn't ever planned to be more than that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

wyntyr posted:

I'm sure there's an Archie thread around somewhere but I've been digging into Riverdale on Netflix and holy crap this show is much, much better than I thought it'd be. I'm still pretty early in the season, does it stay good? Or am I needlessly getting my hopes up?

I think it gets even better, especially after they wrap up an ill-advised early subplot.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Looks like Punisher is going to be hitting Netflix this November. I'm getting excited!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If Punisher doesn't kill at least 2 cops I'm gonna give it a thumbs down on netflix.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

If Punisher doesn't kill at least 2 cops I'm gonna give it a thumbs down on netflix.

Punisher doesn't kill cops, though there's a decent arc in Marvel Knights Punisher where he pulls a Batman Begins esque, "doesn't mean I have to save them either" on a couple of corrupt ones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Punisher doesn't kill cops, though there's a decent arc in Marvel Knights Punisher where he pulls a Batman Begins esque, "doesn't mean I have to save them either" on a couple of corrupt ones.

Ultimate Punisher shot a cop right through her goddamn head in broad daylight so I'm gonna say there's wiggle room.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Ultimate Punisher shot a cop right through her goddamn head in broad daylight so I'm gonna say there's wiggle room.

Ultimate Nightcrawler kidnaps a girl he has a crush on and tries to gaslight her into thinking all the other X-Men are dead so they should date. I'm pretty happy that the largest influence Ultimate Marvel has played on movies and TV shows is that Sam Jackson is Nick Fury.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I'm very excited to see the Hulk try to kill Captain America for implying Bruce might be gay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

HIJK posted:

I'm very excited to see the Hulk try to kill Captain America for implying Bruce might be gay.

In fairness to the Ultimates, it'd be a great visual gag if Hulk ate Freddie Prinze Jr.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Punisher kills anyone who he thinks is a criminal. Pretty sure he doesn't care what your job is, and if he thinks you're a bad guy, he's gonna kill you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Punisher kills anyone who he thinks is a criminal. Pretty sure he doesn't care what your job is, and if he thinks you're a bad guy, he's gonna kill you.

Comic book Punisher explicitly doesn't kill cops, even criminal ones. Though, again, he will set them up to be murdered by other people if they're dirty enough.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Comic book Punisher explicitly doesn't kill cops, even criminal ones. Though, again, he will set them up to be murdered by other people if they're dirty enough.

Like all comic book things of this nature it probably depends on who is writing at the time. I've read Punisher comics where he doesn't seem to care about collateral damage and others where he'll go completely out of his way to avoid it. It's up to the whims of the writer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

Like all comic book things of this nature it probably depends on who is writing at the time. I've read Punisher comics where he doesn't seem to care about collateral damage and others where he'll go completely out of his way to avoid it. It's up to the whims of the writer.

I've never read a 616 comic where Punisher kills a cop. That's why real life cops put his logo on their cars (real life cops are scarier than the Punisher).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

And that's why Netflix Punisher better kill at least 2 cops.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I work at a place where people drive golf carts and someone this year has a Punisher themed golf cart.

Someone else has a Ghost Rider one also which makes me fuckin laugh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

I work at a place where people drive golf carts and someone this year has a Punisher themed golf cart.

Someone else has a Ghost Rider one also which makes me fuckin laugh.

Any vehicle can be Ghost Rider themed if you douse the tires in gasoline and light em up. I mean it won't be themed, or safe, or drivable, for long but it will be comic accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I see no need for Punisher to kill any cops. He already has shown in Netflix verse that he has a similar code. The cops would have to be REALLY dirty.

Though I seem to remember a storyline where he killed an undercover cop thinking he was a standard mobster and that caused the police to turn on him...but that might just be fan fiction in my mind.