Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It is in fact both the voters' and the democrats' fault. The democrats should have been less poo poo and the voters should have voted against the horrible orange idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Google Butt posted:

How do you propose we get that message across to the people you're describing?

I mean I dunno, you're an idiot you tell me how we talk to your people

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Google Butt posted:

Please continue to lick your own genitals

you know marilyn manson did this exact thing so he could taste his own pee pee.

wonder if he's talkin' bout trump and voter disenfranchisement at this very moment.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

stone cold posted:

I mean I dunno, you're an idiot you tell me how we talk to your people

Ah okay, this is a therapeutic exercise for you. I get that.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

what the gently caress how did that idiot think you can't run circles around me.

hmmm i wonder why 🤔🤔🤔

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

you know marilyn manson did this exact thing so he could taste his own pee pee.

wonder if he's talkin' bout trump and voter disenfranchisement at this very moment.

check the hot new marilyn manson single: "trump voters weren't racist they were economically anxious (and also both sides same)"

it's weird because the title has nothing to do with the track, but it's kind of vintage manson, getting back to his roots

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/868833075249254400

quote:

8th grade students refuse to take a photo with Speaker Ryan because they just don't like him
I'm okay with this.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Andrast posted:

It's a legitimate way to be a dumbass.

Nah. If the Democratic party is too right wing for someone they don't owe them anything. These same people can work within the party to pull them in a direction they desire and pull them to a place where they want to vote for them.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

flashman posted:

Nah. If the Democratic party is too right wing for someone they don't owe them anything. These same people can work within the party to pull them in a direction they desire and pull them to a place where they want to vote for them.

I mean then they're culpable if their local gov county rep and state go red and they're certainly culpable for trump because they had the ability and chose not to because ???

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

stone cold posted:

check the hot new marilyn manson single: "trump voters weren't racist they were economically anxious (and also both sides same)"

it's weird because the title has nothing to do with the track, but it's kind of vintage manson, getting back to his roots

if you dump on old school manson we're through steve

gently caress's wrong with you

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

botany posted:

hmmm i wonder why 🤔🤔🤔

what thread did i piss you off in, boss. or is it just defending a friend who can't read posts when she responds to em.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

botany posted:

if you dump on old school manson we're through steve

gently caress's wrong with you

wow im not hating at all

Do not worry

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Andrast posted:

It is in fact both the voters' and the democrats' fault. The democrats should have been less poo poo and the voters should have voted against the horrible orange idiot.

Most of the voters did!

Amd the % turnout was between 2008 and 2012 levels, so it wasn't a crazy outlier.

What's crazy is how many Obama voters flipped to Trump, during a time when Obama had high approval ratings no less. Those people are some super stupid motherfuckers.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

what thread did i piss you off in, boss. or is it just defending a friend who can't read posts when she responds to em.

maybe it's the third thing

namely

you dumb

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sorry like the election, it's only those two choices.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

stone cold posted:

I mean then they're culpable if their local gov county rep and state go red and they're certainly culpable for trump because they had the ability and chose not to because ???

Nobody owes the Democrats their vote. Trump being president is a failure of the Democratic party to provide a candidate and a platform that appealed sufficiently to voters.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

or maybe you're just a moron 🤔🤔🤔

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

flashman posted:

Nobody owes the Democrats their vote. Trump being president is a failure of the Democratic party to provide a candidate and a platform that appealed sufficiently to voters.

oh so you're all third way since apparently you want the platform to shift back right, since we ran on the most progressive platform so far

but ok

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

flashman posted:

Anybody who doesn't vote against horrible fascists when possible is a horrible dumbass.

The french managed to do it.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Ein Sexmonster posted:

It's always the lesser of two evils.

Nah, you can totally have a non-evil candidate. Your political parties just work hard to prevent anyone better than Donald "The Antropomorphic Personification of Sleaze" Trump and Hillary "Iraq War, woo!" Clinton from getting candidacy.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

"Hey, assfuck, you're actively trying to ruin my life and kill me." Woulda paid anything to hear those kids explain that to him.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
I like to imagine the inhabitants of medieval Baghdad also tore each other apart for being "idiots" as the Mongols descended upon them too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

stone cold posted:

oh so you're all third way since apparently you want the platform to shift back right, since we ran on the most progressive platform so far

hahah botany dude are kidding here. you can't call me a moron when this is what i'm getting in response.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Hot take: When your options are 'vote for the Democrat to save millions of people from metaphorical and literal death at the hands of an orange fascist and his Randian friends' or 'don't vote for the democrat' maybe people do, in fact, owe Democrats a vote.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

If people can channel their Steve Austin like anger into educating apathetic non voting Americans on the importance of the down ballot, we might be able to avoid a second term. Instead it's being spent copy and pasting sick owns in a thread in a sub forum, dang.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

flashman posted:

this is 100% true and good in every election where donal tormp or someone like him is not running on the other side of the ticket.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

flashman posted:

People owe their vote to the people who are going to get screwed and killed by the administration, not to a party. Thankfully that isn't you, so why should you care about other people's suffering when you can make a political statement?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I like to imagine the inhabitants of medieval Baghdad also tore each other apart for being "idiots" as the Mongols descended upon them too.

the one comfort as pence ushers me into the camps will be my vote for hillary

do not deprive me of this

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Vote? Haha yeah right buddy, if I vote I might miss the wizard when they knock on my door and offer to cast the Full Communism Now spell

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Google Butt posted:

If people can channel their Steve Austin like anger into educating apathetic non voting Americans on the importance of the down ballot, we might be able to avoid a second term. Instead it's being spent copy and pasting sick owns in a thread in a sub forum, dang.

you didn't vote so you should kind of lie under your duvet for about a million years and never emerge again

you're part of the reason we have trump

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

sean10mm posted:

So we all agree that Assange was really just a traitor and a rapist all along right?

Yes he also coerced a pack of dogs to lick his genitals.

Thread cranky on a Sunday

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Vote? Haha yeah right buddy, if I vote I might miss the wizard when they knock on my door and offer to cast the Full Communism Now spell

he'll also shut up all those dang minorities and their identity politics holding us back

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thanks, full communism now wizard

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

stone cold posted:

you didn't vote so you should kind of lie under your duvet for about a million years and never emerge again

you're part of the reason we have trump

How do we stop a second trump term, any ideas?

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

stone cold posted:

the one comfort as pence ushers me into the camps will be my vote for hillary

do not deprive me of this

The terrible secret of our darkest timeline is you are as equally stupid as the non voters you attack. I'm stupid too. It's idiots up and down the defeated side.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Google Butt posted:

you could start by

loving

VOTING

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Edgelord/lovely person response : I hope the kids of regressives are bullied like hell.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Google Butt posted:

well we have a deep bench coming up into 2020, but I think it'll depend how we do in 2018, and if trump gets impeached

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

stone cold posted:

but ok

If you think the Democrats platform was progressive I'm not sure what to tell you. It's irrelevant what my dissatisfaction is with the Democrats anyway with regards to why the people they needed to vote for them didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

you could start by

loving

VOTING

Gotcha, so yelling at people on the internet.

• Locked thread