Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haha goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

We Know Catheters posted:

Nothing. Friction causes the ball to stop.

But won't it fly through a wall before friction became a factor?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I saw one of these at the checkout line. Picked it up for a moment and it didn't do anything for me. I must not have the 'tism

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Madness posted:

The lady who invented this lives in Florida, she could not afford to renew the patient this year and major manufacturers said gently caress you and started mass producing them when the patient expired..

rip lady inventor

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got a better one and merely owning it cured my autism completely. I don't even have to spin it just the satisfaction of owning the best. 3 minute spins baby!*

*Only for first hour then the bearing wears down.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

At my graduation ceremony earlier this week and two of the guys running the sound equipment were using these. It was so unbelievably douchey to see grown people using these things in public.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Labes for days posted:

At my graduation ceremony earlier this week and two of the guys running the sound equipment were using these. It was so unbelievably douchey to see grown people using these things in public.

Your avatar is horrifying

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Without my autism my adhd took over and made me bored of fidget spinners. Now the autism is back in full force. I have to spin the spinner just to be baseline. I am much worse without the spinner now.

Be careful people!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6IF3QIp1Y&t=110s

PRO CLICK

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I bought one just now and the thread is right, it's totally loving stupid and not at all entertaining.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Holy gently caress that mom should take all his video game stuff and light it on fire. Then send his rear end to military school. gently caress that little poo poo.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy gently caress that mom should take all his video game stuff and light it on fire. Then send his rear end to military school. gently caress that little poo poo.

I don't understand how these videos even exist. Who sees someone standing there recording and then acts like a jackass anyway? And for that matter, why would some mom brutally self-own like that by sharing it ?

Look at this unfit for society autist I raised lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Literally weaponizing autism

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So a kid can't concentrate because of ADD or autism and constantly fiddles with something and some clever clogs decides to give him a toy it can fiddle with even more and thinks this will help?
And normal kids can't concentrate for 10 minutes because that's the length of a tv show until the first ad break and now they bring these to school and people serious wonder why this is a problem?

We've had so many fads, from those plastic pacifiers and pogs to those allegedly Greek beads on strings. They all were useless toys but I guess since every misbehaving kid of fail-parents nowadays is attributed autism, these spinners sell like hotcakes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

I don't understand how these videos even exist. Who sees someone standing there recording and then acts like a jackass anyway? And for that matter, why would some mom brutally self-own like that by sharing it ?

Look at this unfit for society autist I raised lol

haha, that channel is all viral fidget spinner videos. it has several videos of that fat kid and his mom and they're all about spinners.

riding the fidget spinner zeitgeist for a bounty of clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5t5FOKdUk&t=410s

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think I want one of these. Better book in for my autism test.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I bought one last night at the bodega and promptly went home and blasted it with 95psi air from my compressor to get it going crazy fast. A+ would do again.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm the pets that just want to loving escape from this bullshit

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Jose Oquendo posted:

I unironically agree. Mandatory conscription, minimum 2 years.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Terrible loving people. I feel sorry for the catte and dogge.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao, fat mom messing with fat retard kid, empty house except for the butt fugly furniture, random suicidal pets everywhere, and a giant tv

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Hopper posted:

We've had so many fads, from those plastic pacifiers and pogs to those allegedly Greek beads on strings. They all were useless toys but I guess since every misbehaving kid of fail-parents nowadays is attributed autism, these spinners sell like hotcakes.

Re: Greek beads, Komboloi are so much more dignified than beglari or fidget spinners.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worry_beads?wprov=sfla1

I carry a set of komboloi daily and it looks like something old world , like a rosary. Instead of something that cost China 20c to make

Jestery fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 29, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

Lmao, fat mom messing with fat retard kid, empty house except for the butt fugly furniture, random suicidal pets everywhere, and a giant tv

:same:

Jestery posted:

Re: Greek beads, Komboloi are so much more dignified than beglari or fidget spinners.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worry_beads?wprov=sfla1

I carry a set of komboloi daily and it looks like something old world , like a rosary. Instead of something that cost China 20c to make
:goonsay: my autism soother is quite dignified!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have 4 to 5 kids in every class who have one of those things. I've started taking them away if the kids have them out in class.

Also, a few kids now have virtual fidget spinners on their phones...

and, to get really :corsair: as I am allowed to do, In my day, Fidget Spinners were called "A ruler spinning on the end of your pencil".

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Dreddout posted:

:same:

:goonsay: my autism soother is quite dignified!

I mean, yeah :shrug:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Wait, is this what kids are like these days? I'm in my 30s and getting married in a few months and the possibility of kids happening is real.

Are they taught it's ok to be a dumpy, rude, combative, lazy, whiner 24/7 now or what? How has his mom not fidget-spun his head off of his neck and dumped the remains into a trash can by now?

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

So, I got a fidget spinner from my boss today. He asked me if I wanted to be a child, and I responded yes in the goofiest voice I could muster.

What the gently caress

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

canpakes posted:

What the gently caress

ikr :confused:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Catastrophe posted:

Wait, is this what kids are like these days? I'm in my 30s and getting married in a few months and the possibility of kids happening is real.

Are they taught it's ok to be a dumpy, rude, combative, lazy, whiner 24/7 now or what? How has his mom not fidget-spun his head off of his neck and dumped the remains into a trash can by now?

You're already spouting kids these days, you're gunna be a great elderly man in your 40s

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

underage at the vape shop posted:

You're already spouting kids these days, you're gunna be a great elderly man in your 40s

I'm simultaneously 37 and 73 already. It's pretty sweet, IMO. I get to make fun of kids these days AND old(er) people because both those groups suck and I'm not them... yet.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 29, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

angerbeet posted:

Remember devil sticks? Now there was a horrible fad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTj5UIXm0G4

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

genesplicer posted:

I have 4 to 5 kids in every class who have one of those things. I've started taking them away if the kids have them out in class.

and, to get really :corsair: as I am allowed to do, In my day, Fidget Spinners were called "A ruler spinning on the end of your pencil".

How long have you been teaching? This can't have been the first fad toy you've had to deal with.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

genesplicer posted:

Teachers love to power trip and then wonder why they're hated

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

holy crap lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efjl1Y6i38M

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Those videos are fake as hell. Who would just sit there and film that happening?

Though I guess trying to go viral by pretending to scream at your kid is better then actually doing it a la DaddyOFive.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

truly the young method actor's "I drink your milkshake"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

weg posted:

Those videos are fake as hell. Who would just sit there and film that happening?

Though I guess trying to go viral by pretending to scream at your kid is better then actually doing it a la DaddyOFive.

Acting extremely autistic and monetizing the YouTube videos sounds like the perfect career choice for me!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

*me at famous YouTuber gala*

" I guess you could say I... Work from home!" :smugbert:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Catastrophe posted:

yes, it's kids these days. kids were never disrespectful or dumb or selfish before these days. if only it was like our days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

*I go up on stage to receive my YouTube trophy*

*the assembled crowd of Nazi gamers and ASMR starlets burst into appluase as I begin to emit a high pitched shriek and plug my ears*

• Locked thread