Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Coydog posted:

Perks of riding- Today I was encouraged to park in the bicycle section on the sidewalk when the parking in the area was a nightmare. Even got a shady spot!

It can't be said enough. That bike is rad as gently caress. Never stop making it more rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Coydog posted:

Perks of riding- Today I was encouraged to park in the bicycle section on the sidewalk when the parking in the area was a nightmare. Even got a shady spot!

Your bike's color scheme makes me smile every time I see it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanks for saying that! I, too, think it's rad as gently caress and I'm over the moon for it. :allears:

edit: It's really surprising and fun to see how many people say "hey, that reminds me of that harlequin golf they had in the 90s!". Nailed it.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Fishvilla posted:

Your bike's color scheme makes me smile every time I see it.

Yeah, I was about to post this very thing myself.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Coydog posted:

jumping on this feedback pile : you're an inspiration to us all. keep this bike forever.

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
Finally have gotten all of the tweaks done to the KLX since I bought it a couple of months ago. Only reason it took me so long was that I've been traveling and only really had a couple of weekends to actually work on it.
Now that I'm finally done traveling for a while it's time to ride the hell out of this thing.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Coydog posted:

Such a cool color scheme. I can't remember...is it plasti dip and did you do it yourself? I'm thinking of redoing the WR at some point this summer. Yamaha blue is nice but not very exciting.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Can't quote this image hard enough. I love your bike and I absolutely love the color scheme, well done.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Coydog posted:

+1 on the :love: for your harlequin bike

also are you the owner of a an Alfa GT6 or am I thinking of another AI goon...excuse me if wrong, I haven't lurked AI in years - but if correct congrats on living your best life :tipshat:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I feel like aping those colors on my trackbike. poo poo's supposed to be loud af anyway

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

I feel like aping those colors on my trackbike. poo poo's supposed to be loud af anyway

I was hoping you'd do one of those airbrushed murals like you see on custom busas

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Naw that's gonna go on a 300 trackbike. Big titty naked chicks, skulls, crosses, flames. The whole shebang

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

Naw that's gonna go on a 300 trackbike. Big titty naked chicks, skulls, crosses, flames. The whole shebang

use the cheapest airbrush artist you can find, please.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Judging from her neck angle, he keeps a dead hooker in the bed of the truck?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

:stare:
something something Amigara Fault something something

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Label Facing Right posted:

Finally have gotten all of the tweaks done to the KLX since I bought it a couple of months ago. Only reason it took me so long was that I've been traveling and only really had a couple of weekends to actually work on it.
Now that I'm finally done traveling for a while it's time to ride the hell out of this thing.

Holy poo poo you have a D-tracker how was I not aware of this.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Slavvy posted:

My wife made me get one.

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool

Slavvy posted:

You.... you did....? :ohdear:

Slavvy posted:

I sincerely hope your text was a simple 'LOL'

Cool bike! I've only ever seen a road legal one as a jdm sumo badged the d-tracker IRL.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2973065&pagenumber=539&perpage=40#post469725674

To be fair, I think this is only like the 2nd time I've posted about this since I bought it.

Hooray Dialysis fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 17, 2017

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Right so I'm just going senile. Carry on! Also give me your bike.

They're like a super super sherpa. Should've called them the ultra sherpa. Omega sherpa?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

They're more of a reboot of the KLR 250.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I can't thank all of you enough for the compliments. It totally made my day!

hot sauce posted:

Such a cool color scheme. I can't remember...is it plasti dip and did you do it yourself? I'm thinking of redoing the WR at some point this summer. Yamaha blue is nice but not very exciting.

Thanks! I vinyl wrapped it. It was my first time wrapping anything, so I'm a lot better at it now than the first panels I did. http://www.metrorestyling.com/default.asp This is where I got everything. Knock yourself out! You can always remove it and do something else if you get tired of it/hate it. I recommend Hexis brand, and getting samples of a bunch of colors/patterns that you are interested in, first. They look different in different lighting than they might on the website.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

King of the Beach posted:

also are you the owner of a an Alfa GT6 or am I thinking of another AI goon...excuse me if wrong, I haven't lurked AI in years - but if correct congrats on living your best life :tipshat:

Only in my dreams! My current four wheeled device is very boring and cheap to keep.

M42 posted:

You can steal my style, I won't be angry. Loud, bright, fun colors was my goal for a bike like mine, too.

Slim Pickens posted:

YES! Do this!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

They're more of a reboot of the KLR 250.

The KLR250 was a sherpa :ssh:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

The KLR250 was a sherpa :ssh:

Try the other way around :ssh:

The Super Sherpa is the KL250. It was based on the KLR250, which had been around for like 20 years before the first Super Sherpa. The Sherpa was an improvement in a couple areas like weight and a rear disc instead of a drum and electric start, but was air-cooled where the KLR250 had been liquid cooled since the 1980s. They're geared lower, too. So they're basically like the old farmer's version of the KLR250.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Coydog posted:

Only in my dreams! My current four wheeled device is very boring and cheap to keep.

I'm currently tempted to go back in that direction as my Fiesta ST is continually left in the driveway day to after day lately just baking in the sun covered in pollen, bird poo poo, and still wearing snow tires as it slowly depreciates.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Try the other way around :ssh:

The Super Sherpa is the KL250. It was based on the KLR250, which had been around for like 20 years before the first Super Sherpa. The Sherpa was an improvement in a couple areas like weight and a rear disc instead of a drum and electric start, but was air-cooled where the KLR250 had been liquid cooled since the 1980s. They're geared lower, too. So they're basically like the old farmer's version of the KLR250.

Yeah, you're right.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lmao

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

I decided to go do a few laps of Launch and Reefton today, I spent 15 minutes stopped here without seeing or hearing another person today. I even took a photo, this is at Cumberland Junction at the top of the Reefton Spur in Victoria, Australia. 853m above sea level. You know it's a good road when your ears pop while riding it.

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
Spent the afternoon checking out some of the public unpaved roads that run through the local hunting preserve. Had an awesome time getting lost and wondering if I was going to run out of gas before making it back to civilization. Overall a pretty good day.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Fanelien posted:

I decided to go do a few laps of Launch and Reefton today, I spent 15 minutes stopped here without seeing or hearing another person today. I even took a photo, this is at Cumberland Junction at the top of the Reefton Spur in Victoria, Australia. 853m above sea level. You know it's a good road when your ears pop while riding it.

How are the roads up there this time of year? I get wary of Reefton once it's autumn.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 06:39 on May 22, 2017

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

prukinski posted:

How are the roads up there this time of year? I get wary of Reefton once it's autumn.

It had damp patches on Saturday, but it's been calm this week so there's little to no leaf litter to make it really dangerous. The short fun roads like Reefton I will often do a sighting run just to check because it only takes another 5 minutes to do it at a safety pace compared to spirited pace, if it's clean and clear I will increase the pace, if not I go find a road that is good for some spirited riding. Did two laps and decided it was too damp so I went and did 5 laps of Gembrook-Launching Place rd, was going to record the last run at pace but the camera ran out of batteries a minute in because I'm a dickhead and forgot to charge it.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Brand New. No buyer's remorse yet, but my hips are still getting used to the riding position. 2017 Yamaha FZ-09. Gotta get those wheels powdercoated in chartreuse I think.

Bonus (dark) pic of all my harem babes before the DRZ gets sold off.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It took me way too long to figure out the exhaust, but it looks nice!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

robotsinmyhead posted:

Brand New. No buyer's remorse yet, but my hips are still getting used to the riding position. 2017 Yamaha FZ-09. Gotta get those wheels powdercoated in chartreuse I think.

I test rode one of these the other day and I'm glad I didn't bring my checkbook with me. Congrats on the great purchase.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

robotsinmyhead posted:

Angry insect bikes are the second best bikes after awesome 80s bikes.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

mad.radhu posted:

I test rode one of these the other day and I'm glad I didn't bring my checkbook with me. Congrats on the great purchase.

I ended up buying it without a test ride. I asked why, and the sales guy showed me damage to the garage door leading out of the sales floor where they let some guy on a CBR600 and he literally crashed into the frame of the garage door on the way out - so now they have a NO TEST RIDES policy for sportbikes without money down. Anyway, I had ridden my friend's '15 FZ-09, so I was sold. They weren't kidding about the upgraded front fork - it's considerably better, even with me just pussyfooting around on it for an hour after purchase.

This is my first "FAST" back and it's silly going from the DRZ.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sorry but I can't not see this:

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

Sorry but I can't not see this:

holy poo poo that came to the back of my mind but i couldn't place/ identify what it was or where it came from. Thank you.

anyways : i'm inching toward more desperate measures with my 1125r. It takes a bit of stop and go city riding to get anywhere fun, and the riding experience in town is just SO terrible that i'm temped to go ECU shopping. I was told by the seller it had been replaced by an EBR race ECU ...which people claim makes it a lot better.. but i don't buy it. Any speeds under 45mph it kicks, jerks, bitches and moans. It doesn't help that there was one "buell guy" in my town that worked at the Harley shop... until he left, had an independent yamaha dealership / shop that closed down a few years ago. Maybe I can find someone in Buffalo or Pittsburgh.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

robotsinmyhead posted:

Welcome to the FZ Club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

mosickle