Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Missing Donut posted:

It's hard to figure out which is the better result of the two.

It's Sato winning. But not by much because gently caress Helio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

WindyMan posted:

Conspiracy theory: Honda deliberately sabotaged Alo's engine and gave Sato some extra juice. Discuss

good

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
If it wasn't Nando, I'm real glad it was Sato.

Great race.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Super disappointed for Alonso's engine blewing up, disappointed by Simon's overall performance this race, but gently caress YEAH TAKUMA ! His crash a few years ago was awful, I'm really happy for him.
Good race, Indy500 always deliver.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

WindyMan posted:

Conspiracy theory: Honda deliberately sabotaged Alo's engine and gave Sato some extra juice. Discuss

that would require a level of competency that Honda is physically incapable of achieving

like, in order for that to happen, the "engineers" would need to KNOW WHAT THE gently caress THEY ARE DOING

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Viking, I am sorry about earlier. Let us join hands in celebration of this fantastic race and fantastic winner.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/yuzuzu1018/status/868920720016855040

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My want list was Alonso, Helio and Sato so this is acceptable.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Viking I am not sorry. Most of your posting is aggressive bad bad. Sato winning is good tho

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

thank you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Butcher's bill for non-contact retirements: 3 hondas, 2 chevys.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Love that commentary.

GRORIOUS SATO-SAN FOR NIPPON!

1-4-6-10-11-16-19-22-23-24 fantasy results.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

wicka posted:

Viking, I am sorry about earlier. Let us join hands in celebration of this fantastic race and fantastic winner.

Alonso coming to Indy was A Good Thing, however I was not going to go all starry eyed and stop believing in Sato simply so F1 casuals itt could feel good about themselves

Sato-san has my heart forever

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
https://twitter.com/yuzuzu1018/status/868920720016855040

efb

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

All the Honda failures seemed like the same issue?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hell of a run for Jones, also

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hell of a run for Jones, also

DCR did well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what's with Jones' racing under a United Arab Emirates flag, was the rumor that the UAE would pay for drivers to race under a UAE registration true

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what's with Jones' racing under a United Arab Emirates flag, was the rumor that the UAE would pay for drivers to race under a UAE registration true

Jones is a Dubai resident I believe.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

Jones is a Dubai resident I believe.

Must be paying him mad bank to keep him in a literal hellhole

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What's he saying?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

iospace posted:

What's he saying?

gently caress Honda

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I had forgotten that Helio drove under Dixon's flipping car. Ended up second!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Five years and one day to the moment of his crash, he pulls it off. #NoAttackNoChance

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

I had forgotten that Helio drove under Dixon's flipping car. Ended up second!

And without one of his winglets!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wikipedia says he was born there so idk

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I think Jones is English by way of Dubai unless the UAE can now magically change birthplaces now, too.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Must be paying him mad bank to keep him in a literal hellhole

It's not just a hellhole, it's a lavish, exciting, vibrant, obnoxious city whose highrises are an unintentional supplement to NYE celebrations, all to mask that it's a hellhole!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Basticle posted:

wikipedia says he was born there so idk

I'm thinking of Andreas Zuber who was an Austrian who raced under a UAE license in GP2 and loved to crash into people.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think Jones is English by way of Dubai unless the UAE can now magically change birthplaces now, too.

It's not just a hellhole, it's a lavish, exciting, vibrant, obnoxious city whose highrises are an unintentional supplement to NYE celebrations, all to mask that it's a hellhole!

Probably explains why he's crippling single, considering no sane woman would want to be a second class citizen living there

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
$1 Jell-O shots on the way out

I love IMS

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/mk8024/status/868921017099444224

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/868928441143447552

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This a million times over.

Great race, rollercoaster as hell. My wife wanted to sell the Honda after Nando's popped, but I think now it needs a Sato sticker.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
A question about the Howard/Dixon incident. Howard said that Hunter-Reay squeezed him a bit but I didn't see a replay that was definitive. Anybody have some video that shows Howard getting forced into the gray?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Champ is in the house!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hunter-Reay passed late going in, but Howard's a grown boy who can crash two cars all by himself.

Hope Alonso comes back next year.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

it really is amazing how loving great this race is every year, man. thats at least the 7th in a row where i was standing and screaming at the tv at the end like a lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
The irony here is that tomorrow Honda will be hailed as heroes for getting Sato-san the win

• Locked thread