Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr Cheeto posted:

That wasn't the final testpunch, they're doing it again next weekend at the same times.

Oh cool. I didn't realize.

Mechanica with duel revolvers is definitely my favorite after trying everything. A lot of people really lose their timing when they keep getting shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Nintendo missed an opportunity with MK8 test drive.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Nintendo missed an opportunity with MK8 test drive.

I think they released that a few years ago

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This better be the first DLC fighter for ARMS https://twitter.com/3DROD/status/868859634509107201

:eyepop:

(for those that don't get it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-BU6keEUw)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

ARMS is good!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
ehhhh I'm going to wait for Splatoon. ARMS ain't my bag.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kirios posted:

ARMS is good!

:yeah:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I like ARMS but the modes other than 1v1 fall apart quickly if just one person doesn't know what they are doing.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Arms will be a lot more fun when you can queue for 1v1 fights only. Also seems like it'll be fun as hell to play local vs matches.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kirios posted:

ARMS is good!

actually it isn't but can't stop the fan boi train :circlefap:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

actually it isn't but can't stop the fan boi train :circlefap:

Hell, arms AINT good!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I had a little living in the future moment today. Helping someone move so no TV no Internet, but no worries I have a switch and a hot spot on my phone. Got to play some Mk8 online while waiting for others to wake up.

The future is awesome

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I didn't try arms but the anti-arms dudes in the thread seem tedious af so consider me pro-arms

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I hope its commentary is filled to the loving brim with tortured second amendment jokes

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
hey look at [char], he seems to have misunderstood that the right to bear arms is- (cuts due to in-game event) hey look at [char2],

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
proudly championing the right to hair arms since nineteen-ninetendo

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I didn't try arms but the anti-arms dudes in the thread seem tedious af so consider me pro-arms

Hey have you heard of the game "Bad Rats" on Steam? It's really terrible, don't buy it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wheany posted:

Hey have you heard of the game "Bad Rats" on Steam? It's really terrible, don't buy it.

I actually have an OUYA code for broken age, pm me for it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The NES30 Pro controller I ordered arrived and it's pretty nice. Not as good as a Switch Pro controller, though that's to be expected, but worth it as an extra 'pro' controller for sure.

The only real downside is that even after you sync it to a Switch it's annoyingly slow to register any time you redo controllers/grips on a Switch. I really hope that 8bitdo has an update in the future to make that go more smoothly, and allow it to stay linked properly since you don't seem to be able to use the controller to wake a Switch from sleep mode. Also it sometimes just sync up properly on its own if you hit the sync button and never touch R2/L2. :shrug:

But the controller itself (once linked) is quite nice. Wouldn't object to it being able 50% larger though since I'm far too used to xbox and Wii/switch pro controller sizes. I feel bad for people who use single joycons to play a game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ARMS was good. Big fan of using Helix's floaty shield, and just throw it out there and wait for them to do anything. Then blam, eat cannon arm.

Also gently caress the volley ball game.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Ribbon Girl is the character I played the most coming from Gundam VS the extra mobility was much appreciated.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also mechanicas slammy hammer <3

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gonna main Min Min with Mechanica my secondary unless the other new characters are awesome.

Also ARMS is a loving abortion of a game and I can't wait to spend $60 on the worst video game ever created in the history of mankind.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I guess i cant love video games again

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Did utnayan really Toxx himself based on information he got from a 4chan leak on monster hunter?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What day time is the next test punch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

What day time is the next test punch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ohtsam posted:

Did utnayan really Toxx himself based on information he got from a 4chan leak on monster hunter?

I think that dude is kinda dumb

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I want someone with bear arms now in the game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I want someone with bear arms now in the game

Gotta earn that right first

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If I'm reading this right the test punch is now over?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I will probably not buy Arms, but I hope people who do enjoy it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's over for this week, but it'll run again next week starting June 2 (or June 3 outside North America).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Kirby Global Testmunch

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arms looks really good for those who enjoy fighting games. I do not, so I will pass for now unless it has a really good single player mode with fun AI.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Arms looks really good for those who enjoy fighting games. I do not, so I will pass for now unless it has a really good single player mode with fun AI.

To counter, I don't enjoy fighting games (besides Smash) and still enjoyed ARMS. Mostly because the focus is more on predicting and reacting to your opponents' actions rather than memorizing combos and move executions, which is what turned me off from Street Fighter and its ilk.

Also because I'm good at it apparently.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Mostly because the focus is more on predicting and reacting to your opponents' actions

That's what fighting games are about lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like you could be a silver rank ryu in street fighter 5 if you could back up and hit triangle, r1, r2 everytime your opponent is about to hit a button

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Gimbal lock posted:

ehhhh I'm going to wait for Splatoon. ARMS ain't my bag.

I'm going to buy both, because both are cool and good, but different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im getting both but i cam already tell i like arms better cause i can play 1v1 and dont need to set up discord chat to enjoy myself how i like to play team shooters with friends

• Locked thread