Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Jealous Cow posted:

Yeah that's the stuff

It's been posted, but is the MSM tv leaking urine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Unormal posted:

Can someone tell me why carry-on laptops can explode but checked laptops can't?

Hard to have checked laptops explode on a plane when baggage handlers are busy stealing them. :eng101:

Aurubin posted:

This'll end like Gaddafi, not so much in the assassination via sodomy, but a crazed leader believing their own bullshit .

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/868996867660673024

At the very least, Trump picking a fight with the IC has been showing why you do.not.gently caress.with.your.intelligence.gathering.agencies.

Internet Kraken posted:

Every time I see this map I wonder what a polar parasite is.

If there was a TV show called "Kangarat Murder Society" I'd watch it. It'd probably work out perfectly as a low budget Scifi channel series.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Fulchrum posted:

The Thing?

That was more of a predator

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

They've actually done an unbelievably good job of outreach and messaging, it's just that their message is 'gently caress literally everybody except the very very very very very very very very very very very rich

I don't think that is even true. I think he's done a few things that might maybe help someone rich, but most of his stuff just seems not helpful at all in any general way to rich people. Like they just seem dumb ideas largely.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jealous Cow posted:

Yeah that's the stuff
Garrison is noticeably porkening Trump up in his more recent images

even on the campaign trail Trump has never looked as awful as he does now, he's gained a shitload of weight, it's actually kind of staggering how much heavier he clearly is compared to when he was campaigning. Only a few short months and he looks like he's put on 80+ pounds.

Also whether he realizes it or not, Garrison is going to go down in history as an example of a propaganda artist. Wonder how he'd feel about that.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

RuanGacho posted:

Our policy must go beyond being partisan. We must make policy because they do the right thing for everyone, the poison they use against collectivism is the whole concept that it is somehow impossible for a collective to come to a better conclusion than an individual. This concept is frankly counter to our aspired ideals.

This is a good goddamn post! Our aspired ideals are asserted collectively.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

Also whether he realizes it or not, Garrison is going to go down in history as an example of a propaganda artist. Wonder how he'd feel about that.

Based on his embracing of it I'd say the answer is: good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

even on the campaign trail Trump has never looked as awful as he does now, he's gained a shitload of weight, it's actually kind of staggering how much heavier he clearly is compared to when he was campaigning. Only a few short months and he looks like he's put on 80+ pounds.

Has he really gained gently caress tons? I always thought he was a tubby mess since he dove into politics.

Could be his ppe?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

twice burned ice posted:

This is really insidious.

He's tweeting to make sure his base knows that the only source of REAL AUTHENTIC TOTALLY NOT FAKE news is from his fat loving fingers.

No, he's just pissed off that the world isn't worshipping him like he knows he deserves and is unable to come to grips with the idea that the media is able to source poo poo without going through him. All he knows is running a business entirely stuffed with sycophants and people under ironclad NDAs instead of career politicians and civil servants who have zero loyalty to Trump (although many have extreme loyalty to "The President").

This is entirely new and unexpected territory for him and he has no loving idea what to do. You know how in the Wizard of Oz when Toto pulls back the curtain and Oz panics trying to get them to pay attention to the giant flame-wrapped head that is the "real" wizard? That's where Trump is now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gum posted:

That was more of a predator

Its been a while since I watched it, but The Thing was more concerned with infecting people than it was eating them, wasn't it?

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there any way to check if he's fatter than Taft yet? It'll be interesting to have one president who embodies every single negative trait possible - more corrupt than Nixon, more incompetent than Bush, more racist than Jackson, more contempt for the poor than Hoover, more of a skirt-chaser than JFK and LBJ, and more out of shape than Taft.

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011
So basically, on his trip, Trump forgot his phone and had to borrow someone's phone to put out minimal tweets. But oh boy, he snatched that joker up as soon as he hit the door. He caressed it and said, "Daddy's home Snook um's".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RuanGacho posted:

Our policy must go beyond being partisan. We must make policy because they do the right thing for everyone, the poison they use against collectivism is the whole concept that it is somehow impossible for a collective to come to a better conclusion than an individual. This concept is frankly counter to our aspired ideals.

Okay, and when people hate you anyway because you didn't fix anything forever and they buy into both sides hating the collective and looking out for themselves? AKA the situation Dems are in now?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

Its been a while since I watched it, but The Thing was more concerned with infecting people than it was eating them, wasn't it?

The Thing was more concerned about getting the gently caress out of Antarctica. The infecting people was just part of the plan, since it couldn't do that as a dog or as a single person.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fulchrum posted:

Is there any way to check if he's fatter than Taft yet? It'll be interesting to have one president who embodies every single negative trait possible - more corrupt than Nixon, more incompetent than Bush, more racist than Jackson, more contempt for the poor than Hoover, more of a skirt-chaser than JFK and LBJ, and more out of shape than Taft.

Find a bathtub quick!

poo poo FDR could probably squat more than Trump.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fulchrum posted:

Considering what he did before and after his presidency I'm not sure I'd say Hoover had contempt for the poor, so much as he massively hosed up his response to the market crash.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Night10194 posted:

Considering what he did before and after his presidency I'm not sure I'd say Hoover had contempt for the poor, so much as he massively hosed up his response to the market crash.

Well I already had Bush with incompetent as his defining feature and mainstream refuses to recognise how much Reagan hated the poor.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No comment on Portland, right? That is pretty hosed up, even for DT.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

There's gotta be a president who was the most...uh, warmongering? Genocidal? Who would that be?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Coming in late but, holy poo poo, New Netherland would be back? Please make this happen.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly I think there is a better chance of Trump dying in office due to his poor health than him getting removed via impeachment. He looks like trash, and despite having access to the best healthcare he's an idiot that probably ignores common sense medical advice while treating his body like poo poo.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Jackson was pretty genocidal. As racist as Trump is, he ain't Jackson.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 29, 2017

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I look at this and see multiple failed states waiting to happen.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Aurubin posted:

This'll end like Gaddafi, not so much in the assassination via sodomy, but a crazed leader believing their own bullshit .

Just because you're paranoid
Don't mean they're not after you.

-Kurt Kobain

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

alpha_destroy posted:

Jackson was pretty genocidal. Add racist as Trump is, he ain't Jackson.

Jackson knew what the hell he was doing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Invictus posted:

Porkening? He's drawing him with freaking abs. That you can see through his shirt.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

Jackson was pretty genocidal. Add racist as Trump is, he ain't Jackson.

Hey, give it time. We're only a few months in. :cool:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There are many regions of the US that have developed in such a way, or naturally are, incapable of supporting an independent state without outside contributors.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

NikkolasKing posted:

There's gotta be a president who was the most...uh, warmongering? Genocidal? Who would that be?

Polk probably qualifies for warmongering. Maybe not genocidal, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

alpha_destroy posted:

Jackson was pretty genocidal. As racist as Trump is, he ain't Jackson.

When it stops being fun, and your patience is done, 
And you see being President’s hard.
With this country before you that cannot be governed, 
You find yourself powerless, bloody and scarred.

And what is it for? The love of a people!
And who is it for? This nation we made. 
That guy who did everything his way, where has he gone?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

There are many regions of the US that have developed in such a way, or naturally are, incapable of supporting an independent state without outside contributors.

Where's that Trump electoral map?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Porkening? He's drawing him with freaking abs. That you can see through his shirt.

Judging by the fact he one drew Michelle with a bulge, we should just count our blessings that he doesn't lovingly render a ten inch dick print when he draws Trump.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Rinkles posted:

No comment on Portland, right? That is pretty hosed up, even for DT.

He is so narcissistic (and likely cognitively declined) that at this point his brain is most likely on a feedback loop of obsessively thinking about perceived slights. Better hope someone on his team makes something up on his behalf.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mustached Demon posted:

Has he really gained gently caress tons? I always thought he was a tubby mess since he dove into politics.

Could be his ppe?
I completely forgot about that, that could be. Though I bet he's still put on a good bit of weight considering his diet.

Data Graham posted:

He did a real bad job of it in that one because that only looks like one big ab to me

compare to the literal bulging muscle version he's drawn him as before and it's a stark contrast

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Yes lets expect a statement on Portland from the people who edited the gay away from Luxembourg.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

Arent almost all of them really heavy Republican states? Ive always found that kind of ironic.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

Coming in late but, holy poo poo, New Netherland would be back? Please make this happen.

Dunno, not much would be lost when the tristate area got carpet bombed in the civil war.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Arent almost all of them really heavy Republican states? Ive always found that kind of ironic.

Raw materials flow from a lot of the red into the blue while finished goods and heroin go the other way.

Food counts as raw material here.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

I know racism plays a large part of this, but I've also always wondered if some massive self-hatred plays in too. Like, they're ashamed they are not donor states so gently caress the safety net.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Ice Phisherman posted:

I look at this and see multiple failed states waiting to happen.

If the US were to break up into states, I would imagine Alaska and Hawaii get chopped up / end up as minor territories to other countries. You'll have a west coast state, Mormon Utah, Mountain States / Unclaimed, Mid West, Texas / Southwest, South, and Northeast. Maybe a small independent south Florida. How can people screw this up so bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aurubin posted:

I didn't Trump and co. to take the 'Hitler in his Bunker' analogy so literally (and so quickly!). :staredog:

• Locked thread