Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can also just retreat and come back if you want to cheat. all the enemies you killed will stay dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm starting to think anti-flier doesn't actually exist in normal mode. I've seen it once on a boss and that's about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I'm starting to think anti-flier doesn't actually exist in normal mode. I've seen it once on a boss and that's about it.

anti-flier is a property of bows other than the basic "bow"

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I wound up giving peg knight Faye the Ridersbane, which let her oneshot a bunch of enemies and allowed me to get in faster. I'm not convinced I didn't just get lucky, though. The time before that, the witch warped into the fort to kill Mathilda on turn 1, which was an, um, experience.

blizzardvizard posted:

You can use Silque's Warp to get Lukas on the chokepoint ASAP so some of the archers will start attacking him instead. Or maybe have Clair fly around in the archers' range to lure them away from Mathilda.

This is really clever, though, I wish I had thought of it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Make all Archers like Gaiden Archers from now on tia IntSys

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

anti-flier is a property of bows other than the basic "bow"

I'm just saying it's a completely different game if you remove the only threatening downside to Peg Knights. Like Haar in Radiant Dawn except 10x more.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i am playing this and liking it

i hope they keep this artist...its just pleasant to look at peoples portraits.

im very early on trying to get the dracoshield from this dork. probably wont even be worth it but its a cool puzzle

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Tae posted:

I played it on normal originally, it's definitely around, just less present as on hard.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know where to find the Zweihander?

Tae posted:

It's like this until the final two maps of Alm's route, when the game flips a switch and starts making GBS threads out hordes of bow knights equipped with silver bows

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone know where to find the Zweihander?

It's like this until the final two maps of Alm's route, when the game flips a switch and starts making GBS threads out hordes of bow knights equipped with silver bows

It's the second upgrade from the Steel Sword.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Man, my Faye is doing terribly. I made her a peg knight and while she has a couple more points of ATK and DEF than Clair, she's also running around with less than half the speed. Gonna dump her back down to Villager and then go into Cleric, I think.

Also my Saber is godlike - he has more defense than Valbar while also having enough speed and attack that the Dread Fighter promotion won't actually raise his stats at all :allears:

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
So as somebody who kind of likes mindlessly grinding sometimes as a way of downshifting after a rough day at work, how's the grinding DLC for Echoes anyways? Come to think of it, how's the DLC in general?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The grinding DLC is pointless considering a majority of the game is repeating skirmishes.

Right now, everything is too expensive is the consensus. The best ones still cost like 12 a pop.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

10/1

Mathilda is a goddamned goddess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thank god for expel. Just dealing with the last bandit map and due to my strategy there was an almost never ending swarm of the damned undead. One expel later and there was just one easy to kill terror left.

On another note, how does leveling up work with upgrading mages? Does it just track total levels in mage classes or would I have to get the spell as a mage before upgrading them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hunt11 posted:

Thank god for expel. Just dealing with the last bandit map and due to my strategy there was an almost never ending swarm of the damned undead. One expel later and there was just one easy to kill terror left.

On another note, how does leveling up work with upgrading mages? Does it just track total levels in mage classes or would I have to get the spell as a mage before upgrading them.

Total levels. Don't worry about waiting to promote.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any advice for the Mila temple map?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Use Falcoknights

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

So any advice for the Mila temple map?

Falcoknights and Genny's Expel helped a lot for me. Keeps the gargoyles down to a manageable amount, have the sisters and Leon (and Atlas if they're an archer) take down the mages and remaining gargoyles.

Spoilered in case that's necessary.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Did I miss recruiting the other two sisters then? I rescued the one from the brigands but I have not seen the other two sisters since.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Go back to the Docks ASAP.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You could have recruited them the second you got done with the map they appeared in. They're in the Zofia harbor.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Weird, the golden dagger mysteriously disappeared from my inventory. Not in the convoy, no one has it equipped. I’m 99% sure I didn’t trade it in (i’ve only sold a bunch of wine, never any weapons), guess it’s a glitch?

I don’t suppose there’s any way to get another one, is there? I heard the weapon it forges into is pretty good; am I missing out on much by not having it?

I guess I’ll just tell myself that Saber sold it when I wasn’t looking :/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beloved Zofia is an okay weapon that gives Celica a powerful one-shot, but it's actually better for her to just spam Seraphim in the late-game. It's definitely not a must-have.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

Tae posted:

Beloved Zofia is an okay weapon that gives Celica a powerful one-shot, but it's actually better for her to just spam Seraphim in the late-game. It's definitely not a must-have.

Ah! Never mind, I’m an idiot. Apparently I renamed it POKEY! and forgot :doh:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Beloved Zofia gives Recovery which is nice, but more importantly, it looks great in dungeons.

I don't think you can actually sell it though. Maybe it's accidentally sent over to Alm's convoy by the peddler? I'm not sure if that's even possible.

e: lol

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

Is there a good guide out there on what weapons to forge? Also, are there any in particular I want to send between parties?

like... leon’s my only archer on celica’s team and I’ve got a couple steel bows, should I send one of them over or would that be a waste of a peddler?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CORN NOG posted:

Is there a good guide out there on what weapons to forge? Also, are there any in particular I want to send between parties?

like... leon’s my only archer on celica’s team and I’ve got a couple steel bows, should I send one of them over or would that be a waste of a peddler?

Silver swords/lances are probably the best weapons because they have good skills, excellent attack, and great accuracy.

Alm's army has more than enough to supply his army because half of them are mages/knights who'd rather carry defensive items than weapons.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Just ran into my first boss with Upheaval. That poo poo hurts, ow. Glad I kept my distance when I saw him charging something.

Then when I saw him charging it a second time, I decided nope, I don't feel like losing all that HP again, so I sent in Atlas. Hunter's Volley, double crit, one rounded the boss. He didn't even need that second crit.

I take back every bad thing I said about Archer Atlas.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So um, how the hell do I get through Duma Temple? I've beaten Berkut, unlocked the shortcut.. are you REALLY supposed to solo the treasure vault at this point? The health ups are trap as they teleport away...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So um, how the hell do I get through Duma Temple? I've beaten Berkut, unlocked the shortcut.. are you REALLY supposed to solo the treasure vault at this point? The health ups are trap as they teleport away...

yeah buddy, use double lion a lot

like a lot a lot

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PlasticAutomaton posted:

You have access to the convoy so you can eat food to heal while doing it. Also, the healing spots always switch to the same places so after a couple of tries you should know exactly where they're going to be and prepare for that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alternatively equip a shield and just take 1 damage from everything.

I didn't need to do this since Alm took 1 damage from most things but if yours isn't defense blessed

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

First fight: get into a corner so only a couple can attack at a time, rely on the regen from the sword and remember you can eat right from your provisions if need be
After that: equip a bow

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
hey, someone (epwnleon) drew this exact joke that i thought of:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

CORN NOG posted:

Take one of the Brave Swords that Celica gets, forge it into a Rapier, then send it over to Alm asap since most of the enemies he'll be fighting take effective damage from it and he won't be able to get his own until midway through Act 4.

Also bows can be forged from Iron > Steel > Silver > Killer and you want a Killer Bow on anyone who can use one. Should probably start from Steel to save money though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Scrap Dragon posted:

Take one of the Brave Swords that Celica gets, forge it into a Rapier, then send it over to Alm asap since most of the enemies he'll be fighting take effective damage from it and he won't be able to get his own until midway through Act 4.

Also bows can be forged from Iron > Steel > Silver > Killer and you want a Killer Bow on anyone who can use one. Should probably start from Steel to save money though

Alm's army doesn't need MORE weapons. This is because a lot of characters already come with great weapons or are given special weapons. The Royal Sword, Ridersbane, and Lightning Sword is more than enough for his part of the game. He doesn't face anyone really dangerous compared to Celica, who absolutely needs as many swords as possible.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Frankly the Rapier kinda sucks even though it's an effective weapon because its Might is so low. Against Cavs Brave Sword is still better, while it's only moderately effective against Knights so imo it's not worth the golds to forge it. Money's extremely tight in Echoes.

The one nice weapon Celica can give Alm is probably the Silver Bow, which Alm can forge into a Radiant Bow to target Knights' Res. When Celica gets it you should've forged a Killer Bow for Leon already if you want to use him and Alm would appreciate an easy way to deal magical damage.

Speaking of which this run I actually used the peddlers to give Celica 2 Steel Lances to be sold to Alessio. That's 100 Silvers and I don't think she particularly needs anything from Alm's route.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Frankly the Rapier kinda sucks even though it's an effective weapon because its Might is so low. Against Cavs Brave Sword is still better, while it's only moderately effective against Knights so imo it's not worth the golds to forge it. Money's extremely tight in Echoes.

The one nice weapon Celica can give Alm is probably the Silver Bow, which Alm can forge into a Radiant Bow to target Knights' Res. When Celica gets it you should've forged a Killer Bow for Leon already if you want to use him and Alm would appreciate an easy way to deal magical damage.

Speaking of which this run I actually used the peddlers to give Celica 2 Steel Lances to be sold to Alessio. That's 100 Silvers and I don't think she particularly needs anything from Alm's route.

Alm already has two awesome mages if you for some reason made all the villagers physical fighters. And the Saints are all pretty drat good fighters in part 4 onwards because of Seraphim. The only enemies he'd struggle with are Dreadfighters but everyone struggles against them.

The one thing I might recommend if you really love Valbar is to do Alm's part of part 4 first, then give Celica's army the hexlock shield so Valbar can still be a proper tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
How are you supposed to deal with the encounters in the eighth floor of Thabes? Getting 1-2 fire dragons per encounter beefier than the earlier mini boss seems like an insane jump to me.

• Locked thread