Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

The NES30 Pro controller I ordered arrived and it's pretty nice. Not as good as a Switch Pro controller, though that's to be expected, but worth it as an extra 'pro' controller for sure.

Wait, whaaat? They are compatible with Switch now? That's awesome. Can't wait to try that with mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

El Burbo posted:

That's what fighting games are about lol

Finish his loving post you goober, lol

Real hurthling! posted:

Like you could be a silver rank ryu in street fighter 5 if you could back up and hit triangle, r1, r2 everytime your opponent is about to hit a button

Sure, but the idea that you could perfectly execute a near-instantaneous response every single time is insane. If you're a machine and you can do that, you can surely do combos too.

Acting like you can be competitive if you can't do combos worth even 10% of a player's life bar is flat loving wrong. :colbert: don't play coy.

ARMS is definitely a fighting game but definitely VERY different than most fighting games and uses very different skills, like Smash Bros.

That is a valid point and you're both playing dumb and being stupid.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Arms is poop and if you enjoyed the beta you are a butt.

Edit: to actually bring something useful to the conversation, I started playing MGS 5 this weekend and I am constantly wishing this was on the switch. Graphics just don't matter that much anymore. I want every game to come out on the switch so I can play it wherever the gently caress I want.

EpicNemesis fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 29, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
ARMs would get no more than a 7.5 or if your game informer a 8.75 if it wasn't being done by nintendo and being propped up as a tentpole on a new and not at all dead console.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ARMs would get no more than a 7.5 or if your game informer a 8.75 if it wasn't being done by nintendo and being propped up as a tentpole on a new and not at all dead console.

Or a 3 if it were a Kinect game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what's a kinect game?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

thexerox123 posted:

Wait, whaaat? They are compatible with Switch now? That's awesome. Can't wait to try that with mine.

Part of their latest firmware update so you gotta do that first, but otherwise sounds like it works fien.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's a fighting game I'm not horrible at so it gets 11/10 from my biased rear end. Similar how the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played is Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

new and not at all dead console.

:lol:

https://www.nintendoprime.net/financial-times-reports-that-nintendo-has-increased-switch-production-to-hit-18-million-this-year/

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
People were mentioning a Disgaea 5 crash.

Does it just close the game on you or freeze? I just got the game to freeze on me but every time I put the console in sleep mode and start it back up it works for like 3 seconds or so before freezing again

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

All these early buyers are just scalpers, Switch sales will drop like a rock and stores will be stuck with ten million+ unsellable Switches. RIP Nintendo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I missed the Arms event I wish there was just a demo

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Harlock posted:

I think there's another one next week.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sam Faust posted:

I think there's another one next week.
I am also going to miss that one :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Inching ever closer to Platinum God in BoI, 225 hours played.

Currently working my way through all the characters for Greedier Mode completion (Through constant restarting to get good initial starting items or if the D4 is in the Store)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mega64 posted:

To counter, I don't enjoy fighting games (besides Smash) and still enjoyed ARMS.

lol

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

All these early buyers are just scalpers, Switch sales will drop like a rock and stores will be stuck with ten million+ unsellable Switches. RIP Nintendo

And the 2.7 million copies of BotW sold, too. All scalpers.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Turns out it's just one dude running one hell of a scalping operation

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It's one super obese man, his house is made of switch boxes and BOTW carts, the army tried interfering but the bitterness wiped them out

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's actually all hired homeless people by Nintendo so they can lie and say they are selling consoles (this is an actual theory that has been floated online)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Don't doxx me

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Zelder posted:

Turns out it's just one dude running one hell of a scalping operation

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

El Burbo posted:

That's what fighting games are about lol

Maybe when you're good but when you're a ~casual~ like me fighting games are about trying to remember the 8 button long input, doing it wrong, and getting destroyed by the other player. I have more success just spamming one reliable move than actually trying to remember all the fancy tricks my character can do. Its not very fun and I don't feel like putting in the time required to advance beyond that skill level.

ARMS feels really different because the basic fighting is so simple. Its way more enjoyable to people like me.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Don't even talk to me if you're not using a fight stick for arms

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can start in any fighting game just knowing a 2-3 button combo that leads to a knock down and then guessing what they are going to do when they get up. like even in guilty gear with 15 hit combos on the regular you can just choose a character with a lot of life and high damage output and still beat your friends 2-3 hits at a time if you are just outplaying them. then as you get comfortable you build from there until you are good. its like anything else. its called depth and it feels good to grow instead of being scared.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Am I supposed to be saving the eight character codes when I die in Binding of Isaac?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

the truth posted:

Am I supposed to be saving the eight character codes when I die in Binding of Isaac?

Not particularly.

They're seeds if you want to practice that level with the EXACT same items and rooms

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

literlly what happened with the wii u and xbone

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

need a citation that people actually tried scalping these kthx

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

need a citation that people actually tried scalping these kthx

youd have to go back in the good xbox thread and find it but it happened a lot

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nah I'm sure that the guys I see on Craigslist with a stack of twenty five Switches just bought them by accident

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The scalpers seem to be able to sell their hoarded Switches unlike with Wii U.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's actually all hired homeless people by Nintendo so they can lie and say they are selling consoles (this is an actual theory that has been floated online)
it's all George Soros

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Only dumb right wingers think it's George Soros. Everyone knows that these days Haim Saban is the secret funder of all secret Democratic plots against America.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Bernie would have one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He would like Nintendo best because they have the least market cap and their executives forgo pay to ensure continued employment for their employees in harsh times. And because the only good CEO is a dead CEO and Nintendo has had lots of those recently.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Harlock posted:

I feel you, I hate when I miss a splatoon demo, the 1 hour window sucks.

It is a stress test though, so they can check the server load. A proper demo otherwise would be great but :sigh: almost nobody does demos anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Everyone in this thread is a taint reaper alt

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

not me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

but :sigh: almost nobody does demos anymore.

every online game from EA, Activision, and Ubi get a free beta weekend nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

Inching ever closer to Platinum God in BoI, 225 hours played.

Currently working my way through all the characters for Greedier Mode completion (Through constant restarting to get good initial starting items or if the D4 is in the Store)

Is Platinum God even possible? At least on my save, challenge #11 is still locked due to a bug.

• Locked thread