Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Dren posted:

When are they going to release another LE magicband that makes cool sounds? The only good one is the Donald Jedi one. I thought the pirates cannonballs one would be good but it's very underwhelming.

I have that donald Jedi band and can confirm that it's the bes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

skipdogg posted:

95 in Orlando today. AK must be miserable right now

Nah. It was hot but very tolerable. Low humidity.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

BlueBayou posted:

I wanted that so badly, but they sold out before I got to get one. CURSES.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

BlueBayou posted:

I'm just praying that the batteries in mine last until my next trip in Jan. I will be super bummed if it doesn't work.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BlueBayou posted:

I surprise even CMs with my band every trip. Never gonna replace it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fejsze posted:

I'm just praying that the batteries in mine last until my next trip in Jan. I will be super bummed if it doesn't work.

Magic Bands have two battery systems. The long range (for ride photo detection, crowd movement tracking, etc), and the short range (fast pass, ticket gate, payments). The long range ones die after 2-3 years but the short range ones are supposed to work indefinitely.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Pandora at night is really cool

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/868664491927535616

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I would really like to see those Pandora flip flops in action if you got any shots of them

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Bottom Liner posted:

Magic Bands have two battery systems. The long range (for ride photo detection, crowd movement tracking, etc), and the short range (fast pass, ticket gate, payments). The long range ones die after 2-3 years but the short range ones are supposed to work indefinitely.

There's only the long range battery. Short range is the equivalent of an NFC tag which is powered by the touch point.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Bottom Liner posted:

So I can still use it to get on rides, but the photo systems won't see me? Guess I could always carry a new puck in my pocket for photopass

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Fejsze posted:

So I can still use it to get on rides, but the photo systems won't see me? Guess I could always carry a new puck in my pocket for photopass

You only get the fun effects at Hollywood studios, which doesnt have any remote photos right? So I wear Donald at HS, and a more recent band at the other parks.

Or I double wrist

edit:

Also seriously, why is Archimedes the owl hanging out with the hitching ghosts?

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 28, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sometime in the past week or so they got a large portion of the slinky dog coaster installed. Wonder. If toy story land is sooner than we think

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Sometime in the past week or so they got a large portion of the slinky dog coaster installed. Wonder. If toy story land is sooner than we think

I mean Mine Trains track was installed a hell of a long time before anything of note came about opening, so we shall have to see but I assume they want it open next summer.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How was MK today?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They're announcing the date at D23 right? Also, it being an outdoor coaster does make that timing suspicious. Mine Train had a ton of cosmetic and structural work that had to be build around the track I think. Either way, I can't wait. More excited for that than Star Wars land honestly.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

How was MK today?

Beautiful. Hot, but definitely bearable because the humidity was low, no clouds in sight. It was busy, but not terribly packed. We were able to ride everything we liked, have a sit down meal, and got a great spot for Happily Ever After. Wonderful day overall.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it's not totally comparable but Mako was installed then opened about 4 months later...it's typically not too smart to install a entirely outdoor coaster and let it sit unused for a while also. I'm thinking early next year.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Mission accomplished.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 29, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I got that one too. Very cool.

I put my best pictures from opening day up on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskW1yuaj

Here is a sample:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
How busy was it for you tonight? We went this morning for the Pandora bands and bailed. The FP wait times at 7:45AM was 80+ minutes for Navi River and more for flight.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Didn't go tonight. I was there on Saturday.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

God, Pandora at night is gorgeous.

Also, the new movie projection show on the HS Chinese theater is great. Tons of memorable and touching moments.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I didn't end up making it to Pandora, unfortunately. When I arrived on Saturday morning the wait time to enter Pandora was at 2 hours with the line starting at the front gate, and when we thought about fighting through our sleepiness to enter at 11:00 PM the line was starting at the Starbucks. We decided to save it for a month, since we'll be having another staycation for July 4th.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait ofr late august early september when apparently the park is dead as door nails. kinda wanna go to DHS tomorrow but ehhhhh

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I would avoid it. Weather this week is a mix of oppressive heat and nasty storms. Air quality is crap today too, not sure if more wildfires in the area causing it or what. Heat index is 100+ and UV levels are set to "microwave".

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah might just go to the beach instead hah.

I've never been to a water park before...what one do you guys recommend? I basically get free admission into all of them between myself and my gf. Doesn't have to be only Disney ones. I debated on the Disney ones but to be honest everything I says there's long lines constant at them.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah might just go to the beach instead hah.

I've never been to a water park before...what one do you guys recommend? I basically get free admission into all of them between myself and my gf. Doesn't have to be only Disney ones. I debated on the Disney ones but to be honest everything I says there's long lines constant at them.

The only other water park in the area is the new one that Universal just opened, Volcano Bay. Expect it to be completely packed lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tampa is available also that's where I live haha. Heard good things about Aquatica too.

Actually that reminds, do you guys have any recommendations for other non Disney no universal things to do and see in central and western Florida?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Actually that reminds, do you guys have any recommendations for other non Disney no universal things to do and see in central and western Florida?

Kennedy Space Center

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We really like Typhoon Lagoon the best overall, though Blizzard Beach is fun just for the unique theme. Lines are best early and late in the day, during the midday just picnic in the shade and swim in the wave pool or lazy river.

If you like outdoors things I made a post a while back detailing a bunch of things in the area. All of the natural springs on the north side of Orlando are pretty amazing and basically a natural water park.

/\ KSC is indeed awesome, especially the Saturn V and Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibits. Easily a full day of stuff to see there, and Cocoa Beach is a nice change from the Gulf beaches and has some good food spots. Also, if you haven't done a Disney cruise yet put that on your list, even if it's a 3 night one. If you like board games, I'm going to host a board game day/night once a month at my house and cookout and stuff :)

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 30, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I totally forgot about cruises...I lived in basically landlocked places forever never thought of that. Thanks for all the recommendations also I've been meaning to check out KSC also.

I like board games too!! Let me know if you do one! Still want to try to get a meet together with all of us posters at Disney sometime also!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
For water parks, definitely go during the off-season.

We visited Blizzard Beach in October on a rainy (but not thundery) day, and it was plenty warm enough and almost completely empty. As a bonus, no sunburns!

I've also been to Typhoon Lagoon in November and December. As long as it's not a particularly cold day, it's just fine, and the crowds are low.

I prefer the slides at Blizzard Beach to the ones at Typhoon Lagoon, but the latter has a cool wave pool and more varied other attractions.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Get a sand bucket full of ice cream for lunch.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Big photo dump:

Happily Ever After is insane. Overwhelming at times, in the best way possible. Can't get the music out of my head. Click to see full size

DisneyMK-20 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-28 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-43 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-47 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-51 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-60 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-64 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-65 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-73 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-86 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-40 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-79 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-81 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-89 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-91 by David Childers, on Flickr

DisneyMK-94 by David Childers, on Flickr

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

For all you that wanted to buy a Wishes poster, this site is selling them (and basically every other attraction poster) in 12x18. Obviously not official.

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2017/03/get-your-disney-attraction-posters-here.html?m=1

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
We're seeing Happily Ever After in under 20 minutes. My photos won't be nearly as good, but I can't wait!

EDIT: :aaaaa:

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 1, 2017

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Those are spectacular.

Best wishes to y'all attacking AK and Pandora in the next month. I can't imagine the insanity of the crowds.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

For all you that wanted to buy a Wishes poster, this site is selling them (and basically every other attraction poster) in 12x18. Obviously not official.

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2017/03/get-your-disney-attraction-posters-here.html?m=1

But I want the Happily Ever After one :(

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Anya posted:

Those are spectacular.

Best wishes to y'all attacking AK and Pandora in the next month. I can't imagine the insanity of the crowds.

We are headed to AK tomorrow. no Pandora fast passes, so we won't be in the insanity for now. Get to do the River ride in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Big photo dump:

Just scrolled through these images alternating between saying "whoa", "holy crap", and "wow!" out loud.

Tim Whatley posted:

I was JUST telling my girlfriend how I want some Parks related art on our walls. I might have to buy one or several of these. That $200 deal is tempting.

I just realized I don't think I ever posted this video I made in here about all the most obscure animation references I could find at WDW during my first trip ever in December: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5V9ITtzH-0