Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You asked what the pose was, not if he could pull it off. That is what the pose is.

He can't pull it off. Dude has a runner's body. He can't pull off any "I'm a tough guy look how much I work out" poses. I'd say that photoshoot was profoundly tone deaf but that would imply tone deaf isn't his default setting.

That's a fair point.

I really wish there had been a leak about what the logic behind doing that photo shoot was though. Something tells me that anyone that thinks following through on an idea like that is remarkably in love with themselves.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That second one should be entitled "Fallout Boy's Target Demographic."

That would be 14 year old girls

oh wait

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bottom Liner posted:

That would be 14 year old girls

oh wait

Exactly.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Archonex posted:

What the gently caress is with this pose? This is hands down the nerdiest professionally done photo I can remember seeing.

"Oh yeah! Back off females. You aren't rich enough to handle this insurance hating sociopath."

More like "whoa, soul brother too beaucoup"

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mustached Demon posted:

Is civ 6 good yet? Like a dummy I bought it at launch without remembering all civ games suck at launch.

Mustached Demon posted:

5 was great with that new world expansion. 4 yes was pretty good out of the box but that​one also got amazing later on.

I'm more curious if six got that treatment yet. Tons of dumb issues like hammers being harder to come by and the Horse Lord strat being hilarious.

it's been cleaned up a lot already, and it had a far better start than V's dumpster fire, but it still needs plenty of work. They seem to be doing something similar to V's release where they're regularly releasing DLC civs...but unlike with V each DLC release also comes with a major patch to clean up the game.

Scythia's "Horse Economy" got fixed pretty early by a mix of getting rid of the policy card that let them build light cavalry 4x faster than anyone else when mixed with their civ's ability and simply removing the cash you get when deleting units.

Anyways, the Civ VI thread is here, I was just making a dumb joke off of a guy making a dumb joke about everyone posting "let's split the states up into micronations" maps.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You asked what the pose was, not if he could pull it off. That is what the pose is.

He can't pull it off. Dude has a runner's body. He can't pull off any "I'm a tough guy look how much I work out" poses. I'd say that photoshoot was profoundly tone deaf but that would imply tone deaf isn't his default setting.

He doesn't have a runner's body. He *could* have one if he actually did leg day, seriously look at the utter lack of any muscle on those legs. No he's just got a scrawny twig body with goofy looking ears that stick out. Then again the ears thing may be the hats and earbuds just emphasizing it...

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

I mean, if you meet an American outside of North America the chances of them being a Republican (or "independent" for that matter) has already dropped by quite a lot since many of them would view that as a kind of light treason - especially the ones most likely to vote for Trump and be really proud of that fact. This doesn't apply if they're there on business, though.

It is so obvious that your mental image of a Republican voter is a meth-addled hayseed missing one or more teeth that speaks exclusively in a southern drawl. Keep believing this, it will make it easier for the GOP to win more elections.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mustached Demon posted:

5 was great with that new world expansion. 4 yes was pretty good out of the box but that​one also got amazing later on.

I'm more curious if six got that treatment yet. Tons of dumb issues like hammers being harder to come by and the Horse Lord strat being hilarious.

Ah yeah 5 got good after expacs. None have hit for 6 yet so no major changes but like thingy said, there's been patches. I mean honestly seeing as you already own it just install that poo poo and give it a whirl, worst case scenario you can end up lesbian for Tomyris like me.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Flesh Forge posted:

More like "whoa, soul brother too beaucoup"

Holy poo poo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
OK I'm gonna tell my Paul Ryan story.

In 2015 I was staying at a gay guesthouse in South Africa and I met this guy who works for uh I want to say the US Commerce Department in Tanzania. Anyway there's a gym at the Capitol or nearby or something and Paul Ryan used to work there long before he became an official. Ryan was really cute and smiled a lot and was really friendly, and he caught this guy's eye so one day the guy asked him to dinner. Paul Ryan said "sure...can I bring my girlfriend?" Disappointed, the guy of course said "sure you can bring her" out of politeness but obviously the dinner never happened.

OK there you go, Paul Ryan was once a twunk at a DC gym and at least one gay federal worker tried and failed to get some of the sweet sweet John Galt rear end.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

It is so obvious that your mental image of a Republican voter is a meth-addled hayseed missing one or more teeth that speaks exclusively in a southern drawl. Keep believing this, it will make it easier for the GOP to win more elections.

This goofy narrative that Republicans won because Democrats/Lefties/Liberals thought mildly rude things about the Republican base is really really dumb and needs to die already.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Alkydere posted:

He doesn't have a runner's body. He *could* have one if he actually did leg day, seriously look at the utter lack of any muscle on those legs. No he's just got a scrawny twig body with goofy looking ears that stick out. Then again the ears thing may be the hats and earbuds just emphasizing it...

Yeah, all that leg muscle that most runners have 🤔

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
:orb:

https://twitter.com/fox5atlanta/status/868988998173241344

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Just to make the plot thicken:

That's the President's Dining Room and Kitchen.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

trump watched an action movie on projector

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Alkydere posted:

I was going to say "If all you do is run and keep your calorie count down then you end up looking like an awkward twig" but actually, I think you're right. He has zero definition in his lower legs at all. So he does cardio and mild upper body.

I do not know why I care so much about trying to judge how other people work out.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I do not know why I care so much about trying to judge how other people work out.

It's probably means you're a loser.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Posting split America maps is pointless because the moment things fall apart, the nukes go airborne

Why do you think this? Is it impossible to think of a world where the usa has less (or more) than 50 states? I guess I just don't get why that's a popular consensus.

Also, is Angela Merkel the leader of the free world?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

TildeATH posted:

It's probably means you're a loser.

Yeah, probably.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Welcome to GBS posted:

Why do you think this? Is it impossible to think of a world where the usa has less (or more) than 50 states? I guess I just don't get why that's a popular consensus.

Constitution posted:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Stupid theories about nukes aside, consider the politics associated with the constitutional requirement. You could have 100% support of all people within the proposed area of separation, but unless the existing state is okay with losing representatives / territory / resources AND Congress is okay with whatever shift it'd cause to Congress, that 100% support is meaningless.

It isn't impossible by any means, just extremely unlikely given the territory proposing separation into a new state has zero say in the matter.

quote:

How exactly do presidential pardons work? Do they need to be approved? Can they be vetoed?

VVV He pardons someone, nobody approves it, nobody can veto it. The SC upheld this in 1833 and 1866, and a proposed amendment after the pardoning of Nixon failed.

Sundae fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 29, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
How exactly do presidential pardons work? Do they need to be approved? Can they be vetoed?

Because I can imagine that, minutes before his impeachment, Trump would pardon every person the FBI imprisoned under Comey, just to spite him. Think aboutn it. That's totally what he would do. (Provided someone took away his launch codes first.)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mister Adequate posted:

Ah yeah 5 got good after expacs. None have hit for 6 yet so no major changes but like thingy said, there's been patches. I mean honestly seeing as you already own it just install that poo poo and give it a whirl, worst case scenario you can end up lesbian for Tomyris like me.

A solid plan later this week to break up Hanzoing my way to glory, the gym, and oh god why am I building a house.

Presidential pardons do not need approval past potus but they only apply to federal convictions. No pre conviction pardons I do not think but I'm also not a constitutional lawyer.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 29, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Welcome to GBS posted:

is Angela Merkel the leader of the free world?

Yup.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

kartikeya posted:

This goofy narrative that Republicans won because Democrats/Lefties/Liberals thought mildly rude things about the Republican base is really really dumb and needs to die already.
Yea, the whole 'smug liberal' thing is loving stupid - The GOP has been demonizing "liberals" for decades now.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
We'd end up with a Supreme Court case over whether a president can veto during impeachment process. The exact wording and grammar could technically apply to presidents pardoning themselves from impeachment crimes or apply to removing the powers from a president if he is being impeached.

Unless there is some other precedent?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just to make the plot thicken:

That's the President's Dining Room and Kitchen.

It seems really odd they'd make any sort of alarm visible from the street. 🤔

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

HPanda posted:

We'd end up with a Supreme Court case over whether a president can veto during impeachment process. The exact wording and grammar could technically apply to presidents pardoning themselves from impeachment crimes or apply to removing the powers from a president if he is being impeached.

Unless there is some other precedent?

I mean we've been in a precedentless area for some time now.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Overwined posted:

I mean we've been in a precedentless area for some time now.

I thought that said presidentless, and it was weird that I couldn't disagree.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Archonex posted:

What the gently caress is with this pose? This is hands down the nerdiest professionally done photo I can remember seeing.

"Oh yeah! Back off females. You aren't rich enough to handle this insurance hating sociopath."

The second looks like the Screech smirk from Saved by the Bell

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I think it's pretty clear what's going on: Bannon had to take off his mask while eating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Welcome to GBS posted:

I'm half-joking

and yeah I'm having a hard time imagining the US breaking up without rampant violence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm half-joking

and yeah I'm having a hard time imagining the US breaking up without rampant violence.

Well we're halfway there

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well we're halfway there

...Woahhhh-oohhhh, killing Medicare!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well we're halfway there

Not really. We're not into the perpetual violence and bombing phase like in the late 60's. We're in the isolated violent incident phase. If we get to the former stage martial law gets declared and people are either forced to fight or settle down, and most people aren't eager for or prepared to fight in a way that won't get crushed.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Did I cut close to the bone with my Mazatlan comment? Have you been taking one of your two weeks annual PTO there for the past many years and thought it made you refined and cosmopolitan? Very sorry.

The typical Republican is a middle-class white person. Everyone knows that. Meth addicts don't vote, idiot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well we're halfway there

WeAreTheRomans posted:

magnificent

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

kartikeya posted:

I don't think ISIS CURES TROONS means anything by it, he's just a nascent forums stalker I seem to have attracted. Replying to my posts with some sort of right-wing critique of why "liberals" lose elections gets him hard (or wet, as the case may be).

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well we're halfway there

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Fake news man says my thinking's impaired.
Woahhhh-oohhhh, treated so unfair!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I think it's perfectly acceptable to make fun of states that run themselves into the ground by continuing to go red. Sort of like when you make fun of a heroin addict for not blaming the heroin for the arm they lost because they passed on it for too long.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Ah yes ridiculing heroin addict amputees,good clean fun that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Ah yes ridiculing heroin addict amputees,good clean fun that.

...that was a goon.

• Locked thread