Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I can never remember any north players. I find the whole list completely unremarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've only recently discovered ubereats. I always tip delivery guys $3-5, depending on what coins I have lying around. I've gotten ubereats 3 times in the last couple of weeks and 2 of the dudes were genuinely surprised to get a tip. The last dude actually said "nah man, are you sure?" What the hell? Do Australians not tip delivery guys or something?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

realbez posted:

I've only recently discovered ubereats. I always tip delivery guys $3-5, depending on what coins I have lying around. I've gotten ubereats 3 times in the last couple of weeks and 2 of the dudes were genuinely surprised to get a tip. The last dude actually said "nah man, are you sure?" What the hell? Do Australians not tip delivery guys or something?

No, not normally. We are used to service industry workers being paid proper wages. The fact delivery drivers are particularly badly exploited by lovely employers is unknown by most customers.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
No?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

No, not normally. We are used to service industry workers being paid proper wages. The fact delivery drivers are particularly badly exploited by lovely employers is unknown by most customers.

Huh. I guess I just assumed that was common knowledge. I've never seen someone not tip a delivery guy.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No tipping, except footy tips.

Pizza guy will get whatever change to the $5 whenever me and friends order though just so we dony have to split the change up between us. Or a dollar or whatever shrapnel you get back to the fish and chip shop otherwise no tipping.

Ubereats or deliveroo or whatever are lovely companies who underpay staff so gently caress em, I can walk upto the shops and get my own food.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I've never tipped a delivery guy, but I've also never ordered food delivered.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Josh (weagle) Kennedy has done something to calf/achiles. Wet Toast are gonna be in trouble going forward.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm glad the media is noticing Ryan Burton. I think he will win the rising star.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Nutsngum posted:

Josh (weagle) Kennedy has done something to calf/achiles. Wet Toast are gonna be in trouble going forward.

Yeah, we hosed. Forward and back dominance was how we won, back line can't do it all by themselves. Midfield is rubbish

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

Work hard, and be good to your mother.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Diet Crack posted:

Chris Masten, king of the big turnovers.

Travis Colyer would give him a run for his money :negative:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

2. Enviousity 1723 d. 1. Sam Reid's Achilles 1681

:getin:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Marcus Adams has signed on until 2020 with the Bulldogs.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
AFL: Punches of any kind aren't acceptable and should be punished!
MRP: *fart*

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

realbez posted:

I'm glad the media is noticing Ryan Burton. I think he will win the rising star.

He's wonderful. A genuine attacking defender.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

a fuckin bye ahwt tue fuk isstthisht

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Good poo poo Giants, well done. 20k members.

"From Baby Blues to Virgin Blues"
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-28/carlton-and-virgin-australia-strengthen-ties

quote:

Carlton Football Club is delighted to announce that existing partner, Virgin Australia, has become co-major partner of the Club for the remainder of 2017.

From today, the Virgin Australia logo will appear on all official Blues apparel including the front of the Carlton away guernsey and the back of the home guernsey.
Virgin will replace the loving ugly green box on the back of the regular guernsey and front of the away one (which looked weird against freo because it was a white logo on white)

Soo. :toot:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 29, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Curtly Hampton rolled his ankle against Brisbane, pretty simple 0-1 week injury right?

He's had a pin put in the ankle and out for 12 weeks :psyduck:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That's very similar to my injury last year. Everyone was sure it was an ankle sprain.

Nope

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maybe it's the flu talking but I actually agree with Robbo over Gerard

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Maybe it's the flu talking but I actually agree with Robbo over Gerard

I just said something similar to my wife. Maybe the first time I've agreed with Robbo over Gerard on every point.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh thank gently caress normal service has resumed

Although I am now left in the unfortunate position of agreeing with Chris Scott. Lesser of two evils I guess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

What are we all agreeing with Robbo about?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The AFLCA votes for the Melbourne Gold Coast game are bizarre as gently caress

9 Nathan Jones (Melb)
6 Jeff Garlett (Melb)
6 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
4 Jordan Lewis (Melb)
2 Jack Leslie (GC)
2 Jake Melksham (Melb)
1 Michael Hibberd (Melb)

I'm pretty sure the only way that can break down is:
Jones 5-4
One of Garlett/Oliver 5-1
The other 3-3
Lewis 4-0
Leslie 2-0
Melksham 2-0
Hibberd 1-0

One coach rating Oliver or Garlett BOG and the other having him at 5, one having Lewis second best the other not having him in the top 5, and 4 players only rated by one coach

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

What are we all agreeing with Robbo about?

Intentional punch should equal at least a one week suspension regardless of impact

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide v Brisbane last week had a similar sort of vote split with 9 vote getters, and the votes could only have been:

BRISBANE LIONS v ADELAIDE
6 Charlie Cameron (Adel) 4 + 2
5 Eddie Betts (Adel) 5 + 0
5 Rory Laird (Adel) 5 + 0
4 Rory Sloane (Adel) 4 + 0
3 Dayne Beams (BL) 3 + 0
3 Matt Crouch (Adel) 3 + 0
2 Luke Brown (Adel) 2 + 0
1 Jake Lever (Adel) 1 + 0
1 Dayne Zorko (BL) 1 + 0

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 29, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide v Brisbane last week had a similar sort of vote split with 9 vote getters, and the votes could only have been:

BRISBANE LIONS v ADELAIDE
6 Charlie Cameron (Adel) 4 + 2
5 Eddie Betts (Adel) 5 + 0
5 Rory Laird (Adel) 5 + 0
4 Rory Sloane (Adel) 4 + 0
3 Dayne Beams (BL) 3 + 0
3 Matt Crouch (Adel) 3 + 0
2 Luke Brown (Adel) 2 + 0
1 Jake Lever (Adel) 1 + 0
1 Dayne Zorko (BL) 1 + 0

That's absolutely loving weird

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jack Leslie was really good and I'm glad about that at least.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Volkerball posted:

Jack Leslie was really good and I'm glad about that at least.

Yeah, pretty clearly best on ground for you guys. Really promising ability to read the ball

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

Good poo poo Giants, well done. 20k members.

Someone in my street has a car with Victorian GWS custom plates, still strange to walk past everyday

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

See when I heard they had 20k members i just assumed it was 15k people from victoria looking to shore up a gf ticket. I am very suprised.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Bring me the 71 Tasmanians with GWS memberships

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I'm somewhat staggered they've made it to almost 5k ACT members, but then the Brumbies aren't doing that good and the Raiders are a non-starter for large swathes of Canberrans.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

racing identity posted:

Pretty sure that 150 odd of the WA members just saw "Greater Western" and hit the buy button on a membership without reading anything else.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
How many of those memberships are heavily discounted/free though? Only memberships above 50 dollars are meant to count but who knows with the AFL.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

racing identity posted:

more international members than members in Tassie!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

harperdc posted:

more international members than members in Tassie!

More proof tassie doesn't need a team

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Nutsngum posted:

How many of those memberships are heavily discounted/free though? Only memberships above 50 dollars are meant to count but who knows with the AFL.

Their home games are still really heavily papered with free tickets given out at schools so I am not 100% buying those numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They'll probably pick up a lot of fans if they can make a run in the finals this year. Even so I bet their numbers are better than the Suns.

• Locked thread