Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
You can totally craft without subbing. You just need to be very smart with your bank and bag space and be prepared to put a lot of gold into those. Also you might have to put off professions with tons of mats like Provisioning until later. Even then, we have a huge goon bank and you can add and take stuff from it as you like.

I've never had a membership and have had great fun with the game. I do recommend the 3 for 1 dlc pack, if it's still offered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I recommend ESO+ just on the sheer merit of Craft Bag, Double Bank Space, and unlimited costume dyes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

screech on the beach posted:

As a new returning player there is a metric poo poo load of things to do and it seems a little overwhelming. Is there a leveling type guide? I know it's open and I can go anywhere but what are some things I should be doing first, stuff like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood?

You don't need to rush those but they are pretty good and the skill lines come in handy. I recommend at least getting initiated and picking up the daily quests ideally daily but whenever you feel like it is fine. All the guilds are in fact worth getting done since that's extra skill points much like the main quest line. Other than that join up with people doing dungeons.

Prof_Beatnuts
Jul 29, 2004
I used to be bad but now I'm good
Are all the goons playing on PC? are there any console goon guilds?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Are wardens as cool/good as they sound?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
People really seem to like then and the ones in guild I've been doing dungeons with can heal pretty effortlessly just as a byproduct of what they're doing. I would say they're pretty strong right now but I wouldn't expect that to stick for long after launch.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

ExCruceLeo posted:

Are wardens as cool/good as they sound?

I'm loving my Magicka Warden.

Grab a Frost Staff and take a ton of the Winter line's AoEs. Just poo poo out frost damage and roots while being surprisingly tanky for questing. No idea if it'll hold until end game though.

I started with Stamina, but the Winter line was so good I ended up switching.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Prof_Beatnuts posted:

Are all the goons playing on PC? are there any console goon guilds?

I believe the console guilds are mostly dead. Most goons are on NA PC.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I believe the console guilds are mostly dead. Most goons are on NA PC.

Yeah I play PS4 but solo/with wife. We have a guild just so she can use it for crafting mat storage with the bank.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Can I get an invite to the PC guild? @uscr00ge

Got sucked back because of Morrowind.

UScr00ge fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 28, 2017

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Any PS4 goons, I'm trying to get Lusty Argonian Maid back active for Morrowind. if you need an invite message me on @ mgvsquared

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Still looking for an invite to the NA guild. @uvb76 :)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I still think the greatest unsung heroes of Morrowind are the new bard songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLscq_KDdnU

I like the Buoyant Armigers rock anthem one, too.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Can I get an NA invite for @kenbae please?

I really hope they do a DLC for the morag tong at some point. That storyline was the best part of the expansion.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

At least it's not Stagger and Sway or Chim-el Adabal for the hundredth time.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm coming from playing before this game became "unlimited".

Alright, so let me get this straight. Everything is pretty much level 50, the quality of items plus enchantments are what define your weapons/armor, not to mention set pieces.

I didn't play that far before i got bored as poo poo, I stopped at level 14 in the daggerfall covenant, so just before I was going into a new area. I am now 21, and there was some star dude telling me to go to Craglorn. Is everything in this area a group area monster? Everything here takes so long to kill, even if they are not in group areas.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh you were playing Daggerfall that's why you quit. Perfectly understandable. Craglorn is considered an end game area and even though you can solo it once you get your poo poo together I wouldn't recommend doing it right out of the gate.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Would Orsinium be a good place to level up a new alt? So far I'm not that excited by Stonefalls, so I'd rather not do that content one more time.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Comrade Koba posted:

Would Orsinium be a good place to level up a new alt? So far I'm not that excited by Stonefalls, so I'd rather not do that content one more time.

Yeah orsinium isn't bad, might be slightly harder than the regular new areas, group bosses you definitely need to group, other than that though you're good.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Orsinium is a great expansion :colbert: Both the story and the area is much more interesting than the main game, and there's tons of different poo poo to do.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm coming from playing before this game became "unlimited".

Alright, so let me get this straight. Everything is pretty much level 50, the quality of items plus enchantments are what define your weapons/armor, not to mention set pieces.

Your character progresses through having lots of skillpoints (which obviously come at highers levels), having skill lines maxed (granting you access to their most powerful passives), having good gear/enchants, and through things called champion points which you slowly begin to accumulate after you hit 50. There's over 500 champion points so there's a lot of room for progression.

Also new goons:

Roll EP. Roll EP. ROLL EP. If you want to play as another alliances races just pick up the DLC for that, it's cheap and totally worth it.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I don't know why you'd ever want to play a race that isn't dark elf or argonian though

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I don't know why you'd ever want to play a race that isn't dark elf or argonian though

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

valuum posted:

Orsinium is a great expansion :colbert: Both the story and the area is much more interesting than the main game, and there's tons of different poo poo to do.

Oh you're so wrong. Yeah the area looks and feels great, the story is mostly decent but it's dragged down by having to deal with orcs who are constantly assholes for like fifteen hours.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Orsinian is like a episode of Star Trek New Generation where every character is Worf.

(I don't know why I am posting this, to continue the joke, I guess)

Is a good expansion. Every expansion should add more lore to a world, is what RPG's are for.

I did not appreciate has much has other people, because I can't give a gently caress for orcs*, but is a good one.

*Because orcs are boring.

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 30, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
We should hear what's coming after Morrowind at E3 right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

We should hear what's coming after Morrowind at E3 right?

If anything Firor's just gonna talk about the 7 MILLION ACCOUNTS, and possibly drop a hint at the Nord dungeon DLC.

Prof_Beatnuts
Jul 29, 2004
I used to be bad but now I'm good
Two questions:

1) Can I get an invite to the guild. I'm in as Fjar.

2) I currently own Morrowind and the original game. Can I get most of the stuff done in the lower levels without buying the expansions?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Prof_Beatnuts posted:

2) I currently own Morrowind and the original game. Can I get most of the stuff done in the lower levels without buying the expansions?

Yes, no question. The skill lines added by thieves guild and dark brotherhood are in no way mandatory. They are things you fill when you are just sitting on skill points with nowhere to go. And orsinium is nice, but really just another zone.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Enjoy the base game+Morrowind but I highly recommend the expansions. Especially if you can find the Gold Edition for around $20 (which you always can).

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Enjoy the base game+Morrowind but I highly recommend the expansions. Especially if you can find the Gold Edition for around $20 (which you always can).

There's no way to apply the gold edition to an existing account, right? Guilds and Glory is so expensive.

Miznasty
Feb 14, 2012
Can I get an invite to Ebonheart Goons. @Miznasty

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

CuddlyZombie posted:

There's no way to apply the gold edition to an existing account, right? Guilds and Glory is so expensive.

It applied to mine just fine so if you can get a key somewhere on sale go for it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

You can. Haven't seen anyone have any issues no matter what is on their account, including steam versions.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Requesting invite to goon guild: @DunnoLars

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've got a couple of friends who want to get in on this... does anyone know if they're putting the base game on sale to coincide with the Morrowind launch next week?

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
There must be an ESO website out there, that exists to troll newbies with bad dungo guides.

Earlier today a group swore to me you had to do Tempest Island by spreading out, and I just got a Banished Cells 1 group where they tanked him on the little tiny platform because "the boss resets if he leaves it".

Never mind that the Tempest boss 1 shots anybody far away from her, and the dude in Banished Cells gets constant heals because his orbs spawn on that platform.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I preordered Morrowind when it was announced and was trying to get into the game, but I keep getting an error about Steam not being linked? I Googled the issue and found a couple of fixes, but none of them seem to work. I was able to force the EXE to run as admin at one point, but when I got in it said I hadn't bought Morrowind?

Anyone else having these issues and could maybe lend some advice? Thanks.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Are you trying to make steam and non-steam licenses (game and expansion) work together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Nah, I bought the expansion through Steam.