Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Words are good, they just reinforce the eventual need to break out the guillotines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Crazycryodude posted:

Words are good, they just reinforce the eventual need to break out the guillotines.

Every time someone breaks out the guillotines, they're inevitably used against people whose only crime is ethnic and social non-conformity, including myself. So let's not, yeah?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

No but this time they're just for the rich, I promise*

*Terms and conditions may apply.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

No but this time they're just for those with a rich love of anime, I promise*

ftfy

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Crazycryodude posted:

No but this time they're just for the rich, I promise*

Pinky swear?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Davin Valkri posted:

Every time someone breaks out the guillotines, they're inevitably used against people whose only crime is ethnic and social non-conformity, including myself. So let's not, yeah?

You're pretty good at posting for a decapitated person.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

omegasgundam posted:

Where was it stated that the Dutch are bote based?

Yooper posted:

Our Mitsuhashi Corporate Liasion is Hideo Matsuzaka. He's very excited to see how a PMC will put the Toyota method into process during a military operation. I haven't told him most people used the book as toilet paper once we went through the Mitsuhashi provided "3 sheets for quality" toilet paper.The last of our gear is in Provd, and just in time as some nasty weather has everything grounded. There's a Dutch Naval PMC operating out of Lavrentinya. I spoke with them on the radio but I had no loving idea what they were saying. Jack has been out of touch for awhile as he settles back in to Zurich.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Heck yes, also some F-15s to go with them

Isn't that the Thrust Vector F-15 testbed?

I loved that thing when I was a kid.

edit: I think we can appease some of the people who wanted to go with BNSC as long as we blare this loudly over Iceberg ships when we blow them up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4Czv1j3F8

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 29, 2017

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Quite sure at this point we are privately owned. We could generate substantial capital were we to have an IPO after a particularly visible mission.

Probably enough for a good bote.

sparkmaster fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 29, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SlightlyMad posted:

How's that, dropbear? A quick job but I am no artist.

Noice.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
As a member of both the Norwegian and Bote lobbies I insist we steal acquire as many Skjold class botes as possible. Avoid any Snøgg class unless you want kids with club foot, though.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Plan full Viking now :black101:

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

omegasgundam posted:

Ok, here's a bit of unit analysis.
    BSNC:
  • SAMs: 60 nm Mamba SAM clusters, which fling top of the line Aster 30s with 8 missiles per launcher. A cluster has 4 launchers, so that means 32 tubes ready to go. They also have a reload, so don't count them out in extended operations.
  • Ships: the Premier could be worse. It only has Blk 2 Exocets, so it's strike range is 32 nm. It's gun has 7 nm against other botes, so that might also be a problem. It's AA consists of MANPADs, so it's not a huge concern.
  • Planes: They might have Soviet era birds from Cuba or what ever the hell the various South Americans use. That might consist of everything from A-4 Skyhawks, F-5E, Mirage IIIs to 2000s, and Kfirs. We might even get F-16's and Su-30s from Venzuela, but I think the government would dump their F-5s first. Unless this really is a covert operation.

Iceberg:
  • SAMs: I'm willing to be that they have PAC-2 Patriots, which have 55nm, notably inferior accuracy, and no reloads.
  • Ships: I'm going to say that they have a mix of Hauks and Skjords. The Hauks aren't a huge problem, with only a four pack of 20 nm Penguins missiles, but the Skjords are a much larger issue. They have a whopping 8 Naval Strike Missiles, with 100 nm range. They could easily one shot any of the boss's autoships, so we need to get them out of the picture as soon as possible.
  • Planes: they almost certainly have CF-18's with AMRAAM Cs and JDAMs, so they are going to be a problem. On the plus side, they only have Sidewinder Ls, so there's that.
Friendlies
  • SAMs: Tan-Sams only have 8 nm. They might also have some Reapers, but who knows.
  • SMARF has the Wedgetail EWACs. Assuming their using F-2s and F-15Js, so they have more AMRAAAM C knockoffs then they know what to do with, and if they've retained any Korean Golden Eagles they also have the ground attack role covered.
  • Ships: IF we're going to see any friendly ships, they're going to be JSDF Hayabusas. They have a four pack of 100 nm SSM-1Bs, but no air defense worth mentioning. It's possible that a Hatsuyuki DD might get leased, and those have 14 nm Sea Sparrows, put I don't think it's going to happen

Dance Officer posted:

The Mamba SAMs also have a 90 nmi radar, and considering their position, they will know when we launch and what we launch. That thing really needs to go.

Also the Dutch bring botes, not planes. If we're looking at national equipment, the Dutch Navy does not have Motor Torpedo Boats or Fast Attack Craft. They have some lightly armed (no missiles) long range patrol vessels, with an excellent sensor suite for their size. They have the Karel Doorman frigates, which will probably all have been sold to foreign navies by now, but are still fairly capable. And then they have the De Zeven Provinciën-class air defense destroyers frigates. These combine a world class sensor suite with a lot of AAM's and a handful of Harpoons.

I'm expecting the Dutchies to be bringing the DZP class ships to be honest.

Yooper posted:

This time, so the dogmocracy method doesn't get old, I'm going to hire both Cobbie and Zack.

Cobbie is going to round up his group and head North. I hit up Zack but he said it's Stanley Cup time and his fantasy hockey league is doing "loving wicked" and he can't be bothered today.

So we just spent $400,000,000 on planes and $8,000,000 on operative, so we have about $52 million to spend on Willie's planes.

So this begs the question: what do we want from Willy?

Given the huge number of dangerous surface vessels in the area, we need to beef up our maritime patrol and search capability. Right now, we only have three platforms that can do surface search: the Atlantique 2, the Reaper with Gorgon Stare pods, and the Argus. Our recon planes like the F.1ER aren't for search work, they're for taking photos of bridges, etc.

Here are some options to consider.
1. ex-Argentinian S-2T Turbo Tracker or ex-Brazilian S-2E Tracker or ex-Taiwanese S-2T Turbo Tracker: they're old and slow. But they have surpisingly good sensors. The Taiwanese ones, for example, have a 200nm radar and a 30nm FLIR. Plus, they can carry various mixes of dumb bombs,ASW torpedoes, rockets, and depth charges over a 500nm radius. Or they can leave the weapons at home and get a 720nm search radius
2. ex-JMSDF P-2J Neptune: Another Japan connection they've been out of service for decades and their radar only has an 80 range. But they can cruise for 2000nm doing surface search.

Quinntan posted:

Is that a turbo tracker?

It is indeed! Taiwan, Brazil, and Argentina all have some they might sell us.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 29, 2017

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the US-1a PS-1 an acceptable option for asw?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Meiwa_US-1A#/

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bacarruda posted:

So this begs the question: what do we want from Willy?

I want a PBY Catalina. :colbert:

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010

Yooper posted:

The Dutch PMC, Dunkirkers, are currently holding north of us in the protected areas under SAM cover. The coast is lined with a variety of SAM-1C Tan-SAM Kai launchers paired up with older Vulcan M163A systems. There's also a line of older Japanese surplus radars. This is what covers the strait and then some. There's also a big golfball looking thing north of us, a FPS-3 BMD. But, since you know, a nuclear weapon went off, all of this poo poo is half-rear end fried.

What are they using exactly? I imagine that we're in close enough proximity to figure that out by now.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are commerce raiders a thing again?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

RandomPauI posted:

Are commerce raiders a thing again?

Time to build some auxiliary cruisers, I think.

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968
Maritime Search? Check. Harpoons and/or torpedos? Check. Last Ditch air to air combat capability? Check.

Flawed aircraft built by a terrible European defence conglomerate? CHECK CHECK AND CHECK AGAIN!

(You could even get one thats a really bad AEW&C platform, if you hated yourself!)

The One, The Only: NIMROD MR2! :toot:
https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1976

Wait, whats that fitting in Baloogans DB? StormShadow and ASRAAM? :confuoot:
https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=4426

Are you sure about that, chap?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

We are privately held with a voting majority of stock. GS and the Union hold a minority stake and no voting shares. They want the money and none of the responsibility. So yes, buying out the shareholders is possible.

As far as the Dutch go, we've heard rumors from the supply airplane crews that they are a trio of Karel Doorman missile frigates. Near as we can gather they're holding near the strait to prevent any breakout of Iceberg ships into the Arctic Sea.

More details on Wild Willie to come, but it's totally different than before...

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Anghammarad posted:

Wait, whats that fitting in Baloogans DB? StormShadow and ASRAAM? :confuoot:
https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=4426

Are you sure about that, chap?

That's the MRA.4, which got canned because it turns out basically gutting and rebuilding a 1950s aircraft design to have new everything is expensive and kinda really loving dumb. Add to that the whole fuel leaking into the bomb bay and exploding issue that MR.2s had and I'm kinda skittish on buying a Nimrod.

I kinda like the look of these things. It's a plane, it's a bote, it's got decent search range and a pretty good search arc.

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=3317

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Yooper posted:

We are privately held with a voting majority of stock. GS and the Union hold a minority stake and no voting shares. They want the money and none of the responsibility. So yes, buying out the shareholders is possible. .

How much do we need?

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010

Yooper posted:

As far as the Dutch go, we've heard rumors from the supply airplane crews that they are a trio of Karel Doorman missile frigates. Near as we can gather they're holding near the strait to prevent any breakout of Iceberg ships into the Arctic Sea.

Well, that's enough to stone wall any casual pushes from the Alaskan rednecks. The would probably appreciate if we gave them some cap though. Sea Sparrows will discourage opportunistic smart bombing, but if Ted decides to go all in they will be in serious trouble. They'd love us forever if we manage to take out all of the Skholds.

I bet they really wish they have a De Zeven.

omegasgundam fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 29, 2017

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

quote:

Once they'd "secured" the airfields they flew in a few plane loads of people to take over the boats. Yah. Boats. Not only did they capture the Sea Shepherd but also a group of surplus French missile boats. The Flagship, F 792 Premier Maitre L'Her is somewhere near Savoonga. We're not sure how operational those ships are just yet. On land they've got other French ground units including some Roland AA. And, unfortunately, some Mamba's. :siren: Depending on the location they can almost reach our birds the moment they take off from Provd.:siren: Expect that island to be well fortified from aerial attack.

Emphasis mine.

We may want to consider having our aircraft bank sharply to orbit Provd as they climb to altitude so that none of them end up getting nailed by a Mamba because we happened to plow merrily straight into them whilst still low and slow.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Loel posted:

How much do we need?

Depends on how much we are worth and how much stock they actually hold. Good news with this setup is that they don't have many options to (legally) gently caress with us so long as they get their cut. A buyout is totally doable but I'd guess is going to take hundreds of millions. We might have to skip a between theaters procurement or two to make it happen.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
What is it, exactly, that our shareholders are holding us back from?

If the plan is to become outlaws then what's the point of resolving our fiduciary duty?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

yurtcradled posted:

What is it, exactly, that our shareholders are holding us back from?

10% of our money.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Looking at how quickly our little enterprise has more than doubled its assets and revenue, raising funds by sale of stock should be pretty easy. Not sure how deep Yooper will want to go with the market capitalism simulation, but there seem to be more possibilities here than "maintain status quo" and "buy out shareholders, go fully private".

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Even if the shareholders don't stop us from doing shady poo poo if we ever want to, they're taking 10% of our money. Buying them out is a good long-term investment both in terms of finances and freedom.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Also just gently caress shareholders and/or death to capitalism in general.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Id also argue that we could do installments. Pay half, only owe 5% after missions, etc.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Just buying out Goldman and letting the Teacher's Union keep taking their share would be pretty OK. In fact, having some ins with one of the largest labor unions in the US would probably be helpful for organizing and kicking off the Revolution whenever we get around to it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Crazycryodude posted:

Just buying out Goldman and letting the Teacher's Union keep taking their share would be pretty OK. In fact, having some ins with one of the largest labor unions in the US would probably be helpful for organizing and kicking off the Revolution whenever we get around to it.

Yeah, thats a good call.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Instead of buying a couple expensive maritime patrol craft, maybe it would be a good idea to buy a bunch of cheaper helicopters like this instead: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=389

260nm range for search activities, check!
Carries Exocets for killing botes, check!
Carries depth charges/torps for killing subs, check!

And, if you don't like this version, there are tons in the database with other options:

Want AEW on a helicopter? We can do that! https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=37
Nuclear depth charges? You bet: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=1001614
Something to drop our Bulgarian friends with? Got that covered too: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=40

Pricing new was $9-12m, and everyone under the sun flew them, I'm sure we could find some older ones available in the $3-5m range and buy 6-8 for a squadron.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Typical buyout price is 5 years worth of income. Buying out one of our investors would be 25% of our income for an entire year - on top of the 10% we already have to pay.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Crazycryodude posted:

Even if the shareholders don't stop us from doing shady poo poo if we ever want to, they're taking 10% of our money. Buying them out is a good long-term investment both in terms of finances and freedom.

That would be a good investment if we expected returns of less than 10% on new equipment. The package we bought going into Angola yielded something like a 100% return. Astute CEOs with this kind of performance don't usually look to buy back shares - they look at opportunities for growth (naval arm, subsidiary PMCs to do poo poo like Bering Sea CAP, long-term Angolan AF contracts) and take as much capital as their organization needs.

I mean, if the plan is to go outlaw and smash capitalism, we should at least leverage ourselves up to "Too Big To Fail" status first, right?

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

power crystals posted:

Also just gently caress shareholders and/or death to capitalism in general.

We are capitalism. At least for now.
We can morph into an Empire later.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

RA Rx posted:

We're not inherently capitalist. It just happens that, currently, we're leveraging the corrupt and decadent capitalist system to efficiently gather the resources we will eventually use to destroy it. Subtle difference, but an important one.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

RA Rx posted:

power crystals posted:

As much as I am in favor of Space Communism Now, you've gotta make money to break money. That's how the saying goes right?

I like to play the long con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

We're not inherently capitalist. It just happens that, currently, we're leveraging the corrupt and decadent capitalist system to efficiently gather the resources we will eventually use to destroy it. Subtle difference, but an important one.

gently caress destroying capitalism

How can we make Crete a tourism hotbed without capitalism