Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

When y'all be naming loving camera angles after sponsors, you've jumped the shark.

Lol they sponsor literally everything. The countdown timer to start your engines in NASCAR is sponsored by Pizza Hut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Umm hey dummies all your idiot euro poo poo is sponsored by everything too. Everything is loving stupid everywhere hth

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
actually it is only americans who are dumb

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm Canadian, thanks and at least clocks and timers are sponsored by actual companies that make clocks and timers.

What the hell does Pizza Hut have to do with telling time?!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm Canadian, thanks and at least clocks and timers are sponsored by actual companies that make clocks and timers.

God why are you so horrible then idgi

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Listen, fucker...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Listen, fucker...

Also also hold up. Isn't Canada's most prestigious racing series loving NASCAR pinty's? Not really sure you have room here to poo poo on National Motorsports.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Wirth1000 posted:

Lol they sponsor literally everything. The countdown timer to start your engines in NASCAR is sponsored by Pizza Hut.

That's what shocked / amused me about the ABC coverage was the non-stop sponsoring of EVERYTHING. They went through every single branded on-board camera shot. I wouldn't be surprised if every company in America had a sponsorship deal at Indy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Funny enough, even IndyCar's safety team is sponsored, because they have a full time team that travels with the organization for races instead of using locals.

Ok, they're sponsored by a company that makes equipment for firefighters to use in car crashes.

(Ron approves)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You guys should see the in car shots in nascar.

Like 80 Jimmy John's stickers visible kinda stuff.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

AgentJotun posted:

Honestly, your yank racing series loving blows and you should all be ashamed of it.

This being internet comedy website Something Awful dot com I dont know if this is a serious post but if it is, I'm going to bring up the point that how can someone only think their form of racing is good? I genuinely dont get it. That being said the Indy 500 the last few years has been the most exciting race from start to finish by a wide margin. Compare that to most F1 races where you can watch the opening lap then nap through the rest until you hear a commentator excitedly point out that Ferrari or Mercedes hosed up their strategy and/or hosed over their number 2 driver.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
For the record, I really enjoyed the Indy 500 minus the excessive ads during a live sporting event and was dream crushed hard when Alonso died but Sato won so it was cool.

Definitely going to watch it again next year.

Flag truck was amazing and at the same time deserves to be ridiculed, hth.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If it was a flag dw-12 going 200 it would be a lot better

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The founder of Lola died https://www.motorsport.com/general/news/obituary-eric-broadley-1928-2017-912219/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

How much would it cost to rent a plane to fly a banner message over Silverstone but instead of the traditional "Wenger Out" it'd be "Honda Out".

Anyone wanna chip in?

Stroll Out would also be acceptable.

Stroll will already be out by the time the banner gets there

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Wirth1000 posted:

For the record, I really enjoyed the Indy 500 minus the excessive ads during a live sporting event and was dream crushed hard when Alonso died but Sato won so it was cool.

Definitely going to watch it again next year.

Flag truck was amazing and at the same time deserves to be ridiculed, hth.

Same here. The last 20 laps were some of the most exciting I have watched in a long time. The military worship and over the top nationalism was equal parts hilarious and scary

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It
Is
Memorial
Day
Weekend

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Stroll will already be out by the time the banner gets there

Lol

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Norns posted:

It
Is
Memorial
Day
Weekend

Still a bit weird.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

Still a bit weird.

I get it. America is big scarry and dumb right now. But the "military worship" wasn't about dick waving. It was about honoring the memories of our fallen.

Not every racing event is like that.

Norns fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 29, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Still a bit weird.

Sorry about your continued independence from Germany, I guess.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Norns posted:

Not every racing event is like that.

Fair enough, but if I watch another Indycar race and it happens again, I'm complaining to you!

I can't imagine a Jap winning went down too well with some of the less educated fans.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

I can't imagine a Jap winning went down too well with some of the less educated fans.

Wirth1000 is seething

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I celebrate the dead by listening to the collective wartime speeches by Are Churchie. Motherfucker would fight them anywhere.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

You motherfuckers turned two of their cities into sheets of glass but just lol that winning one out of a hundred races is problematic.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quid is a model Canadian

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You motherfuckers turned two of their cities into sheets of glass but just lol that winning one out of a hundred races is problematic.

There was actually a tweet from some moron saying he was uncomfortable about a Japanese driver winning on Memorial Day.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

Wirth1000 is seething

Yeah cause gently caress Honda

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
We let an Italian masquerading as a Scot win it a few times, we're equal opportunity for axis powers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alonso now has 47 points in Indycar.

He's going to finish better in Indycar than he did in F1 this year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

Alonso now has 47 points in Indycar.

He's going to finish better in Indycar than he did in F1 this year.

Uhh finish better than he has since 2013.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That is, assuming of course,that the McLarens still have Honda engines in them at the end of the year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RIP.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Wirth1000 posted:

i knew Canadians were fuckin' weird as hell, but i didn't think you people were so alien that the concept of "pizza time" just didn't exist to you

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

Pretty soon they won't even count. It will just be a corporation-down.

"IBM...
McDonalds...
Coke...
Pizza Hut...
Ex Lax...
BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!"

Wirth1000 posted:

It's always time for pizza.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

It's always time for pizza.

This is a good post

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

learnincurve posted:

If the last raven leaves the Tower of London then England will fall

Huh.

Unrelatedly, does anybody know anything about how someone could go about stealing ravens?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

No need to go to that much trouble, just give it a couple of years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So uh I had no idea this person is a journalist for the Denver Post. Or at least was since this tweet got them fired :lol:

• Locked thread