Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
barry allen, who has always sucked, was at least fun in season 1. then season two barry allen, who sucks, started murdering metas left and right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I said way earlier in this thread I was avoiding the other Arrowverse shows due to their reputation, but hearing how legendarily bad Barry is kinda makes me want to check it out.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Cran posted:

I said way earlier in this thread I was avoiding the other Arrowverse shows due to their reputation, but hearing how legendarily bad Barry is kinda makes me want to check it out.

Hang on you aren't watching legends?

Idiot

(Watch legends)

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I checked out on Flash (and Supergirl) during the mid season break when I realized I didn't give a poo poo anymore. What ended up happening?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

ManSedan posted:

I checked out on Flash (and Supergirl) during the mid season break when I realized I didn't give a poo poo anymore. What ended up happening?

Supergirl continued to be awesome.

Flash, ehhh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On Supergirl she fought Superman (who was being mind controlled sort of) and beat him. Afterwards he straight up says he was at 100% strength and she beat him fair and square. Also Mon-El left Earth forever because Lena Luthor created a device that put a bunch of lead into Earth's atmosphere.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Also Mon-El left Earth forever because Lena Luthor created a device that put a bunch of lead into Earth's atmosphere.

Wouldn't that give everyone on earth lead poisoning? Did Lena Luthor make everyone mentally retarded?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

On Supergirl she fought Superman (who was being mind controlled sort of) and beat him. Afterwards he straight up says he was at 100% strength and she beat him fair and square. Also Mon-El left Earth forever because Lena Luthor created a device that put a bunch of lead into Earth's atmosphere.

So she's a bad guy again now?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wouldn't that give everyone on earth lead poisoning? Did Lena Luthor make everyone mentally retarded?

No, the device magically protected all humans from it. It was originally designed to put Kryptonite dust in the air.

Perfectly logical.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
They said it was a level too low to cause lead poisoning in humans.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobby Digital posted:

They said it was a level too low to cause lead poisoning in humans.

That poo poo is bio-accumulative. People breathing in lead for 70+ years, plus the regular exposure to lead. and it gets passed to fetuses from their mothers

Next season on Supergirl: "Sure are a lot of premature and still births at Metropolis General. Kara, go see if it's an alien or something"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kara: "There's definitely something going on. For some reason I can't see through babies anymore. their brains are completely shielded from my x-ray vision!"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

That poo poo is bio-accumulative. People breathing in lead for 70+ years, plus the regular exposure to lead. and it gets passed to fetuses from their mothers

Next season on Supergirl: "Sure are a lot of premature and still births at Metropolis General. Kara, go see if it's an alien or something"

I know, I was just quoting the show's explanation :shobon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

It was pretty torturous watching Season 2 back in the day

The gently caress? Season 2 of Arrow is amazing.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Rhyno posted:

I think he means week to week because you just want to see what happens next instantaneously like you can with bingeing.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
he's talking about the flash.

you know what barry allen does, right

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
he sucks

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Barry being a dumbass was the basis for the whole mega-crossover this year.

But that does not begin to cover exactly how awful Barry is.

His decision at the end of season 2 is the most villainous done, across the entire Arrowverse.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Rhyno posted:

Sir Potato posted:

I think he means week to week because you just want to see what happens next instantaneously like you can with bingeing.

Yeah this. I loved Season 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

Yeah this. I loved Season 2.

We were about to throw hands my dude!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

throw hands

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Like, it seems hyperbolic to say so, but Season 2 of Arrow is genuinely one of my favorite TV seasons of all time. Like, competing with GoT Seasons 5 and 6, or Westworld S1 good. Granted, I only binged it, but it's just so well paced and so well set up. It's so incredible how it went from so good to so bad in the span of half a season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Aphrodite posted:

So she's a bad guy again now?

No, the planet was being invaded by an army of Daxamite refugees led by Mon-El's mother, who wanted earth to be new Daxom. Lena gave the trigger for the device to supergirl to be used as an absolute last resort.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RIP Wildcat. You were so underwhelming I'm still not entire clear on whether you lived or died.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Officially he survived, but that was Guggenheim having to say it because the show never did.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Did Ragman die on the way back to his home planet?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's busy murdering a bunch of people to infuse his rags with souls again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/869215722593038336

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Yesssssss. Fufill the bet. Wear the goatee.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Season 6 will revolve around exacting justice on whoever removed his goatee in S06E01

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

CeeJee posted:

Funny how both The 100 and Arrow had a season finale which leaves the fate of everyone outside the main lead open. Contract negotiations at the CW this year must be quite interesting.

It's kind of sad that with the explosion I didn't think *OMG they killed off the cast* so much as *wow, that will give CW some leverage in contract negotiations*.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I missed the part where he suddenly got long hair and a beard. What happened there?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

I missed the part where he suddenly got long hair and a beard. What happened there?

Anatoly gave them to him when they were setting up the plan. It was a wig over his wig and a fake beard.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

A fake beard. Really

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For once I didn't hate the flashbacks, mostly because I enjoyed Olie going all First Blood.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Just saw the last two episodes of the season. Chase was great. Almost as good as Slade.

I really want Slade to end up on the Waverider. That would be pretty good. What will happen instead will be that he managed to rescue Evelyn, and she's his new sidekick.

I hope Nameless Mom doesn't die. I could be wrong, but I don't think the kid will add much to the show.

Thea, Lance, both Canaries, Dig, Dog, and Curtis - can't see any of these dying. Felicity dying would be the ultimate "gently caress you" from Chase, but probably didn't happen. The internet reaction would be fantastic though.

Merlyn died on paper, but, I don't buy it. He may be gone for a season though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LongDarkNight posted:

Did Ragman die on the way back to his home planet?

"The situation's so desperate we even need to recruit Malcolm and Slade!"
"What about our friend with magic powers?"
"Nah, let's not bother him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
To be fair, when he left he didn't have magic powers any more.

• Locked thread