Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Warriors will win the series at one game and then their plane will crash, killing everyone involved in the organization. Everyone in the world will feel sorta bad and give the Finals to them and then the NBA will be free to pursue parity once and for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Ghost Dog posted:

amazingribs and seriouseats are two of the best resources for cooking

Also this was pages ago but I'd like to give this a 'hell yeah'. Last week I did up serious eats Texas Chili recipe and it was unreal.

So uh... Basketball. Warriors in six. But if they lose I'm gonna try a fancy cupcake recipe.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

watching Yao highlights forgot how funny it was watching him swat shots away

:sigh:

I miss him so much

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

tumor looking batty posted:

Warriors will win the series at one game and then their plane will crash, killing everyone involved in the organization. Everyone in the world will feel sorta bad and give the Finals to them and then the NBA will be free to pursue parity once and for all.

Everyone except for Javale, insha'allah

e: mind you, the series would have to be at 2-0 or 1-1 in this scenario

Noctone fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 29, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Metapod posted:

watching Yao highlights forgot how funny it was watching him swat shots away

like so many biplanes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everyone root for McGee, the only player that will play 20+ minutes and spot the Cavs 15 points.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Brolander posted:

like so many biplanes

Lol excellent

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Noctone posted:

Everyone except for Javale, insha'allah

e: mind you, the series would have to be at 2-0 or 1-1 in this scenario

Maybe their flying to Area 51 to pick up steroids

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

tumor looking batty posted:

People's NBA fanfic has been getting really weird

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

E2M2 posted:

People's NBA fanfic has been getting really weird

I await the return of creepy murder fetishes in the Finals gdt, last year had good batches

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

I await the return of creepy murder fetishes in the Finals gdt, last year had good batches

Tae posted:

JR Smith should take Curry on a car ride before the game

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
cavs in 6

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cavs in 6 I'm not tipping against LeBron.

Javale to be finals MVP in a losing team.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember when there was a team touted by some as the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME!!!! and Cleveland beat them in the finals?

Yeah, Lebron is like Tom Brady.

And you never.

NEVER.

Count out Touchdown Tom.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

TBeats posted:

Remember when there was a team touted by some as the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME!!!! and Cleveland beat them in the finals?

Yeah, Lebron is like Tom Brady.

And you never.

NEVER.

Count out Touchdown Tom.

Yeah. Unfortunately, they added Kevin Durant and he is playing better in the playoffs than he did in the regular season for once (sorry Metapod) and I fear the Cavs defense is going to implode in dramatic fashion

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
who's excited for next years finals when we will most likely have the same 2 teams playing for the the fourth time in a row?

i mean, sure parity is overrated, but the same finals 4x in a row is loving joke. hell, the same finals 3x in a row is a loving joke

this is the first time in league history its been the same 2 teams 3x in a row

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

who's excited for next years finals when we will most likely have the same 2 teams playing for the the fourth time in a row?

i mean, sure parity is overrated, but the same finals 4x in a row is loving joke. hell, the same finals 3x in a row is a loving joke

this is the first time in league history its been the same 2 teams 3x in a row

Why isn't anybody talking about this?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Would mean more if you didn't unironically wish for the specific time frame that the Spurs made the Finals almost every year as "parity"

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
play the dang basketball already

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Would mean more if you didn't unironically wish for the specific time frame that the Spurs made the Finals almost every year as "parity"

? fandom invalidates the reality that two teams have now gone to the finals in a row more than any other teams in history and will most likely continue doing so next year?

i've been a fan of the spurs since before tim duncan was on the team, not because they were winning a bunch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RaySmuckles posted:

? fandom invalidates the reality that two teams have now gone to the finals in a row more than any other teams in history and will most likely continue doing so next year?

Yes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Parity talk means little coming from someone that thinks Spurs winning every year is parity, yes

Should I talk about parity that should go back to the good ole mid 90's?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How loving dare you yearn for your team to be the champs HOW loving DARE YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
you want your team to win? that's the exact same thing as wanting the same two teams to be in the finals for the foreseeable future. :psyduck:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tae posted:

Parity talk means little coming from someone that thinks Spurs winning every year is parity, yes

Should I talk about parity that should go back to the good ole mid 90's?

Hell I'm for parity then

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
the cavs and warriors have been to the finals more times in row than the spurs have in the last 10 seasons.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Only teams that have a good coach complain about parity.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like to wonder how many in a row we may get. Lebron is 32, can probably dominate for 2 more years at least, plus Kyrie is going into his prime and Love is younger than Lebron. So 5-6 from the Cavs. The Warriors have the harder route but also the better team. Unless the Rockets/Thunder/Spurs can add another key piece they aren't likely to overtake a healthy Warriors team as long as nothing crazy happens with Curry/KD this offseason.

tldr; enjoy your quintuplogy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the warriors would have the harder route if they hadnt gutted the 2nd best team in their conference and also only play against injured teams, maybe

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Someone on the Warriors or Cavs is gonna get hurt probably next year so it won't matter

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Ghost Dog posted:

the warriors would have the harder route if they hadnt gutted the 2nd best team in their conference and also only play against injured teams, maybe

they didnt gut the rockets

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Warriors only played injured teams in the playoffs *Ignores the Cavs did the exact same thing this year* -A Cavs fan

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

RaySmuckles posted:

you want your team to win? that's the exact same thing as wanting the same two teams to be in the finals for the foreseeable future. :psyduck:

Exactly

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Tae posted:

The Warriors only played injured teams in the playoffs *Ignores the Cavs did the exact same thing this year* -A Cavs fan

you keep saying im a cavs fan for some reason

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

How did the warriors gut themselves

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

without harrison barnes theres no one to stop the love lockdown all series long

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I think it's cool because the Finals become a series within a series. If they go five straight times that's a best of five series and whoever has the edge would pretty definitively be the best team of this era.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Time posted:

they didnt gut the rockets

they tried and didn't find any

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RaySmuckles posted:

i've been a fan of the spurs since before tim duncan was on the team, not because they were winning a bunch

The Spurs were winning a lot for like a decade before Duncan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RaySmuckles posted:

Unironically me. They are the 2 best teams right now and it kicks rear end when they play each other and ever series should be 40 games between them,

• Locked thread