Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Thumper is good y'all. Much better than its predecessor, Bambi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Agreed, please do not steal amiibo!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

Dirty lies

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what is thumper? i saw the trailer for it, but i still dont know how it plays

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

spit on my clit posted:

what is thumper? i saw the trailer for it, but i still dont know how it plays
Audiogroove + Rez

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

Drunk Tomato posted:

As I don't have access to VR I like to hold the Switch real close to my face when I play Thumper... my immersion!!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bill Barber posted:

Audiogroove + Rez

Well, I like Rez. dunno what Audiogroove is, but I guess I'd get into the groove

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My copy of Disgaea 5 apparently won't ship until the 19th. You're really letting me down here, Amazon. :(

How large of a digital download is it? Might have to call them again and see if they'll swap it to the digital version and let me keep the discount like with MK8.

Sunning posted:

It topped the Amazon sales charts (where you could get it with a discount with Prime) and now has a 2-5 week delivery. It seems to be having much better user reviews than when SFV came out. I'm very surprised at how well it's doing.

A bar so low you'd need a shovel to find it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Failed toy company will make more useless tablets to disgrace warehouse shelves

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The end times are upon us

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Gameplaywise I think I'd compare Thumper more to Bit Trip Runner than to Rez, since it's a game about reacting to audiovisual cues with particular button presses. Also, if you're looking for catchy music... this isn't the game for you. It's fun though.

I've been very very happy purchasing games for Switch over PC/PS4 whenever the option is available, but I have to say, Thumper was the first time I regretted getting it for Switch instead of another platform--this game seems like it would be really trippy and boss to play in VR; I could just pretend I jumped into a portal to hell so that I temporarily forget I'm actually in 2017 earth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Okay 16m units seemed crazy but 18??? God drat this thing is doing better than I thought.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

The 8 playable characters each have an individual skill tree of sorts through which they can develop their own special abilities. Each of them start with a base skill that they can later improve, in addition to learning new ones. For example, Mario has a passive ability which enables him to automatically fire at an enemy if they enter his field of vision during the enemy’s turn. Some of these powers are common across multiple characters, but the unique ones like Peach’s powerful ability to inflate enemies using a foot pump until they explode adds a layer of strategy to the game. Players will have to take care when considering where to place each character.

This is a fetish for somebody.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I will buy a rabbid amiibo.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Fluffy posted:

My copy of Disgaea 5 apparently won't ship until the 19th. You're really letting me down here, Amazon. :(

How large of a digital download is it? Might have to call them again and see if they'll swap it to the digital version and let me keep the discount like with MK8.

It took a while for me, like maybe 1-2 hours?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kashuno posted:

Okay 16m units seemed crazy but 18??? God drat this thing is doing better than I thought.

Costs for overstock are very likely much lower than for the Wii U per console, so they'll be more inclined to make too many than too few. Still, this dumb gay console has been out for three months and is still so sold-out that scalpers can get a $50+ margin? drat

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Everything is a fetish for somebody

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Peach emulating Dig Dug makes me a little more interested in Mario + Rabbids

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nintendo characters are not for fetish or lewd!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

That just makes me Ubisoft's original plan was a teamup with Namco?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I will buy a rabbid amiibo.

Rabbids getting an amiibo before Rayman ever gets one. What a world.

I mean there's always been the fact that making a Rayman amiibo would require some ingenuity to work around his body.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo characters are not for fetish or lewd!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bayonetta is a wholesome character suitable for the whole family

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Please port Bayonetta 2 to the Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bayonetta looks really weird out of her default costumes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Speaking of Disgaea 5, What should I do to prepare for postgame? I already finished the story and I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to set up a Sage.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yodzilla posted:

Please port Bayonetta 2 to the Switch.

:yeah:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bayonetta looks really weird out of her default costumes.

That's because her torso to leg proportions puts her more in line with Dark Souls monsters instead of humans. Her default look helps hide that but in those costumes it's really obvious

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

Ahh OK, I thought Platinum God was basically "do absolutely everything." All I have left, AFAIK, is a few completion marks with The Lost and Keeper, and a few of the bullshit challenges I have no intention of ever doing (Speed, Ultra Hard, Brains.)

Nah, it goes

Platinum God
Real Platinum God
Please Stop

Platinum God is completion marks for everyone except The Lost
Real Plat is everyone with full marks
Please Stop is all the items picked up, challenges completed, achievements done

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Nah, it goes

Platinum God
Real Platinum God
Please Stop

Platinum God is completion marks for everyone except The Lost
Real Plat is everyone with full marks
Please Stop is all the items picked up, challenges completed, achievements done

Then there's the secret 3,000,000% completion title pages where you have to get total completion on every save :v:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Please port Bayonetta to ARMS.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

The title from what we’ve heard is laden with surreal, self referential gags

quote:

Once the boss is defeated, one member of the player’s party, a rabbid cosplaying as Princess Peach, takes out a smart phone and nabs a selfie with the DK Rabbid as it collapses.

Why

Do these stupid Rabbid games actually sell well? I have never seen anyone say they enjoy them.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

they're for children so, yes they sell piles of them

rabbids are essentially minions except in games

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

EpicNemesis posted:

If there is no VC announcement I will forego eating a burger the entire week of e3. You can toxx me I don't give a gently caress.

Oh yeah? Well if there is no VC announcement, I will eat 3 burgers that week. And one of them will be Dr Oetker's Pizzaburger.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Kashuno posted:

yeah its incredible how the console selling slower than the ps4 did during the same period is now predicted to suddenly sell more than the ps4 somewhow thank god for this real infomation confirming this

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Peach emulating Dig Dug makes me a little more interested in Mario + Rabbids

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

well why not posted:

they're for children so, yes they sell piles of them

rabbids are essentially minions except in games

rabbids came first, minions are rabbids except in films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Servbots are more like the Minions before Minions. They even have the same color scheme and purpose.

• Locked thread