Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I maxed ohya for Beelzebub and doc for alice but I think ryuji was the first person I maxed, just unintentionally. He was just always available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I def missed the Clue, but I loved that it was actually telegraphed

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Hizke posted:

I maxed ohya for Beelzebub and doc for alice but I think ryuji was the first person I maxed, just unintentionally. He was just always available.

It's good to hang out with Ryuji, because he's the best boy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yusuke husbando.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yusuke husbando.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yusuke husbando.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yusuke husbando.

f yusuke/m ryuji/k goro :mmmhmm:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Hmm who am I going to hang out with, Makato or Ruiji lmao

I maxed Ryuji before even unlocking Makoto so I never made that choice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daddy Yoshida

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk why but i could really go for some pancakes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I noticed that clue also and I'm at he point where it's about to pay off but it's like clearly obvious to me already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story will progress greatly beyond this point. Would you like to save?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

In Training posted:

The story will progress greatly beyond this point. Would you like to save?

poo poo's about to get real.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Hizke posted:

It took like 2 months for his spying on that guy event to trigger for me. I think I maxed the roof girl before Ryuji.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So did you guys have any staple party members? I had Makoto and Morgana in my party almost always. Morgana because he's an amazing healer and my favorite character. I also got a lot of use out of his critical punches. I don't know if this is true but they seemed to crit a lot more often after a baton pass. As for Makoto, well, Marakukaja is really important on hard mode and nuclear is a great element overall.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I stuck with the original crew 99% of my first run. I would hotswap Haru in to plunk down a Heat Riser during boss fights but that's about it. That's probably also why I never got the Good Listener trophy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

So did you guys have any staple party members? I had Makoto and Morgana in my party almost always. Morgana because he's an amazing healer and my favorite character. I also got a lot of use out of his critical punches. I don't know if this is true but they seemed to crit a lot more often after a baton pass. As for Makoto, well, Marakukaja is really important on hard mode and nuclear is a great element overall.

ya, those are mine. i a lso tend to use yusuke a lot, his phys damge is good and ryuji cant hit for poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Makoto, Ryuji and Haru were my mainstays but I did use Morgana a lot for healing too

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Baton Passed Swift Strike Ryuji is MVP for a majority of the game imo

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I used Makoto for healing and buffing, usually along with Ann for magic damage. Last slot tended to be a phys attacker early on or Haru later because her Gun skills are great with the passive damage boosts.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Baton Passed Swift Strike Ryuji is MVP for a majority of the game imo

Baton pass is the best battle mechanic in this game. The lack of passing at all in Persona 4 bothered me and now you can pass your extra move to anyone instead of just the next fastest person like with press turn. Yusuke's single target phys move that powered up after a baton pass was a favorite of mine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used Makoto Yusuke and Akechi

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I feel like the heavier hitting skills are almost never worth it compared to mutli-hit skills. I also kept Headbutt well into the final dungeon because it saved my rear end regularly

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I used Makoto Yusuke and Akechi

has the story progressed greatly for you yet

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like the heavier hitting skills are almost never worth it compared to mutli-hit skills. I also kept Headbutt well into the final dungeon because it saved my rear end regularly

On hard mode at least I used them pretty often. Mostly on bosses but also on strong enemies that are about to destroy me on the next turn if I don't take them out. Swift Strike is nice but it missing has gotten me killed more times than I can remember.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I went with Makoto, Yusuke, and Haru. I liked Yusuke as a character too much not to use him. I used Makoto mostly as a healer/buffer but I definitely felt like she was the weak link in my team by the end. Haru can deal tons of damage with One Shot, One Kill with her passive gun damage up skills, and it has a high crit rate. She also has access to Psy moves which I found to be on the rarer side.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

has the story progressed greatly for you yet

On hard mode at least I used them pretty often. Mostly on bosses but also on strong enemies that are about to destroy me on the next turn if I don't take them out. Swift Strike is nice but it missing has gotten me killed more times than I can remember.

No, I'm right there. I can only play when my friend is free (he loves watching all the non-dungeon stuff) so I have to kinda trickle my way through the rest of the game.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

No, I'm right there. I can only play when my friend is free (he loves watching all the non-dungeon stuff) so I have to kinda trickle my way through the rest of the game.

hm.. reporting you to atlus.

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

I switch a lot so that I can use up everyone's SP and also usually use the person most personally involved in the palace and palace owner.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I always had Ryuji, either Morgana or Makoto for heals, then Haru or whoever had the current convenient elemental.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like haru's hat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Haru has the best metaverse outfit by a macaroni mile.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'd buy the Devil Summoner outfits for 7 dollars if morgana didn't look incredibly stupid in it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

So far, Makato and Morgana and then whoever has the most Sp. I never use Ann

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Makoto's outfit too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I like Makoto's outfit too

She has my favorite mask.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

So far, Makato and Morgana and then whoever has the most Sp. I never use Ann

Ann is a casting beast

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man I love the final boss track

Play it cool
Feb 2, 2016

Makoto is best girl

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Has anyone found a good place to buy merchandise? Trying to find the most homoerotic Yusuke merch, asking for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Best moment of the game: making it all the way to the heart event for kawakami before my wife let me know she actually WAS romance-able.

• Locked thread